• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
"You can't tell anything from testing"
"It's only FP1"
"It's only FP2"
"There's no points for Saturdays"
"China is a different prospect"
"It's a long season"

Have I missed anything?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Odd 'mistake' on the official F1 page timings for P2

KoM515M.png

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2017/races/959/australia/practice-2.html

I guess getting out and running really was faster?

Razgreez

Odd 'mistake' on the official F1 page timings for P2

http://i.imgur.com/KoM515M.png[img]

[url]https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2017/races/959/australia/practice-2.html[/url]

I guess getting out and running really was faster?

[quote="Lach, post: 232668787"]Took me a second....[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Would have taken you 1.5s were it not Alonso

Lach

:D

So I'm trying to make more realistic prediction this year instead of wishful thinking (Sauber :( )
I partly succeeded :p
YChCFU7.png

I need to look up the result that I predicted in a dream about 2 months ago. I only remeber Stoffel being on the podium.

Though I think AUS might be a bit unpredictable due to reliability.

Orbis

I had a dream where a Toro Rosso won the race, and there was some weird controversy in Hamilton's garage but I can't remember the details. #dreamgate

So, Trying to get into F1 and I know nothing. I wanted to follow Sauber because Swedish guy and all but Mercedes is pulling my attention entirely due to their sick car and paintjob. Am I a bad person?

RSP

So, Trying to get into F1 and I know nothing. I wanted to follow Sauber because Swedish guy and all but Mercedes is pulling my attention entirely due to their sick car and paintjob. Am I a bad person?

Nah, but it's cool to root for your local hero.

If HAM is going to be dominant this season, shit's going to be boring.

Lach

Sauber has a bit of a tainted reputation, due to some shade driver contracting a while ago. In the beginning of the 2015 season there was quite a drama because they canceled existing contracts with drivers and hired new ones (Ericsson and Nasr). One of the previous contracted drivers went to court right before the season opener in Australia and won. So they had to settle for a large sum.

This season it looks like they'll stay at the back of the grid, but at least they are not on the brink of bankrupcy anymore. I hope they can get some points and build for next season.

If you are new to f1 I can recomend the newest (technically first) episode of the Shift+F1, previously Alt+F1.
https://www.f1.cool/
It's pretty much directed at F1 newbies.

nekkid

Sauber is Swiss.

Edit:
Oh, you mean Ericsson.

Root for Ferrari if you love being dissapointed!

He has scores to settle from last year and hes probably mad Nico didnt stick around long enough for him to get revenge.

He's gonna win every fucking race isn't he :(?

nekkid

I'm a fan, so I wouldn't be upset by that, although I completely understand other people's frustration.

However, if that happened - it would be an incredible achievement unlikely to be surpassed.

ramparter

Banned
Is it possible to gain legal access on Sky from european countries? I know we couldnt last year, wonder if anything has changed.

mclem

It is fine. A NeoGAF OP is not the way people are going to get into the sport and certainly not a no-fun-allowed OP. You did good

Although on that note, might be worth throwing a link to the first Shift-F1 podcast into the OP, given it consists of a basic grounding in the sport?

BigAl1992

I wouldn't rule it out. If he wins handily enough this year, than well done to him, but I'm getting sick of watching a race and know who's going to win before the first Free Practice session has even finished. This has been going on since 2009 with Brawn, then Red Bull and now Mercedes, and I know people want their favourite driver/team to always be winning, but I don't. It's not going to help promote the sport when you see a team walking over everyone else and that's what gets me more than anything else, especially after the beating it's gotten with casual fans losing interest in the sport because of it. Enough is enough.

jey_16

Banned
I wouldn't rule it out. If he wins handily enough this year, than well done to him, but I'm getting sick of watching a race and know who's going to win before the first Free Practice session has even finished. This has been going on since 2009 with Brawn, then Red Bull and now Mercedes, and I know people want their favourite driver/team to always be winning, but I don't. It's not going to help promote the sport when you see a team walking over everyone else and that's what gets me more than anything else, especially after the beating it's gotten with casual fans losing interest in the sport because of it. Enough is enough.

Agree, as a Ferrari fan, I actually found the years of dominance rather boring (2001, 2002, 2004 come to mind) while the most memorable years were the competitive seasons where Ferrari were challenged or even lost

Watching the same driver/team win every race even if you support them just isn't that enjoyable. Atleast we had Rosberg as a foil last year, it's going to take Bottas some time to get up to speed

Fox Mulder

Fucking hilarious if Mercedes is still 1 sec ahead of everyone. Maybe Newey should go ahead and retire.

At least the cars look a little better I guess.

kmag

I'm a fan, so I wouldn't be upset by that, although I completely understand other people's frustration.

However, if that happened - it would be an incredible achievement unlikely to be surpassed.

Well if he won every race in a season it could hardly be surpassed could it?

Honestly, it almost wouldn't be an achievement at this point. If the car is mechanically reliable it should almost be expected, the car is clearly far quicker than the opposition and Bottas is miles off the pace and supposedly has been all offseason.

There's a massive likelihood that Hamilton will be able to win most races without having to pull out consistently on point laps unless Bottas gets far quicker than he's thus far shown. Watching Hamilton stream off into the distance on the back of one flying qualifying lap where lets face it it doesn't look like he needs to be hitting every apex to win then a clear getaway and a couple of decent laps at the start is going to get extremely old extremely quickly. At least we had a bit of a storyline last year even if the actual competition between Hamilton and Rosberg in a fair race was pretty onesided.

Lego Boss

Well if he won every race in a season it could hardly be surpassed could it?

Honestly, it almost wouldn't be an achievement at this point. If the car is mechanically reliable it should almost be expected, the car is clearly far quicker than the opposition and Bottas is miles off the pace and supposedly has been all offseason.

It is unlikely, even in a 16 race season that one person can win all the races, it's just not possible with the complexity of the cars and the variables of weather, pit stops etc.

I think one person winning all races would be equivalent to an unbeaten season in football and completing a season slam in tennis.

Possible. Highly unlikely (although has happened) And it would qualify #blessed as the greatest of all time.

Ferrari will be faster at the next race anyway

It is unlikely, even in a 16 race season that one person can win all the races, it's just not possible with the complexity of the cars and the variables of weather, pit stops etc.

I think one person winning all races would be equivalent to an unbeaten season in football and completing a season slam in tennis.

Possible. Highly unlikely (although has happened) And it would qualify #blessed as the greatest of all time.

Ferrari will be faster at the next race anyway
Let's see how RBR does over the first half of the season. Lewis could still be challenged at some point. Wouldn't surprise me if we ended the season the way Vettel did in 2013 though.

NHale

"You can't tell anything from testing"
"It's only FP1"
"It's only FP2"
"There's no points for Saturdays"
"China is a different prospect"
"It's a long season"

Have I missed anything?

"The Ferrari is much more competitive in cold weather. You just have to wait until December races and then the full power of the Ferrari will be unleashed."

Just curious, if anyone knows the rationale behind this.

F1 races in circuits across the world, but they seem to go back and forth across the world twice.

Why start in Asia Pacific then double back towards the end of the year?

Why don't they just finish Asia, then move to the Middle East, then Europe, and end in the Americas, or something to that effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom