• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GLOW |OT| The highest rated wrestling program on television - Netflix June 23rd

DeathyBoy

Banned
5 down and yeah this is fucking fantastic.

Same.

And dear God do I love how it's taking the puss out of wrestling while also pointing out that it's awesome entertainment done wrote.

I love living in a world where the best wrestling show on TV is a 30 minute Netflix show starring Alison Brie.

Hey so the best wrestling show on TV is:

1: Not on TV but on Netflix
2: A 30 min comedy
3: Starring Alison Brie and Marc Maron

what the hell

Well someone had to do it, so here's my mapping of the in ring personas in the Netflix show to the old show

Zoya the Destoryer - Colonel Ninotchka
Liberty Bell - Americana (there were a few USA characters including one named Liberty, but Americana I think is the best fit)
Machu Pichu - Mount Fiji
The Beatdown Bittys - The Housewives
Junk Chain - Justice
Melrose - Hollywood
Beirut - Palestina
Britannica - Zelda the Brain
The She Wolf - Dementia
Scab - MTV
Vicky Viking - Matilda the Hun
Fortune Cookie - Little Fiji
The Welfare Queen - Big Bad Mama (I guess?)

pbayne

4 down, fantastic so far. dat
Rocky 4 robot wtf was that.
Director guy looks like a slightly older ryan gosling to me lol.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
EP 4:
"Did you direct Star Wars?"

"No, I didn't direct Star Wars."

Profound look of disappointment

Loving this so far.

Fury451

Banned
I love this so much that I'm already fearful it's going to fall of the Orange cliff. Then again I was never a big fan of that so maybe it's unfounded.

Kate McKinnon would be great in this show. I could totally see her playing the limo driver chick.

Anyway, finished episode 3. Show's still great, though the
miscarriage stuff in episode 2 was a bit much.

Kate McKinnon would be great in this show. I could totally see her playing the limo driver chick.

Yes it was. But that episode 2 stuff goes away and the show gets way better.

DominoKid

When Debbie realized it's just another soap opera
pAv21ZV.gif

that's all i ever try to get people to understand

gun_haver

yeah I found that weird. Didn't really get what they were going for with all of that.

I think there are warning signs that this could become bad already, it's got a certain style to it that I associate with Jenji Kohan, although I know she's just a producer on this and isn't writing it. I kind of don't like her as a writer, uh, at all, despite the fact her shows tend to have interesting set ups.

Hopefully it stays good though. The subject matter is pretty unique, and it's been funnier than I expected it to be so far, which is promising. It's hokey though, for sure, could easily go off the deep end with that.

Oddduck

I love this so much that I'm already fearful it's going to fall of the Orange cliff. Then again I was never a big fan of that so maybe it's unfounded.

I'm feeling optimistic about GLOW's future for two reasons.

1. Alison Brie is a better leading star than the actress who plays Piper. Brie has more acting range than Taylor Schilling.
2. Jenji Kohan (Weeds, Orange is the New Black) isn't the showrunner or creator.

Tobor

Fantastic show. I couldn't stop until I finished. Brie and Maron are perfect.

And man, Bash is my homeboy. I just want to hang out with him and the robot in 1985.

ezekial45

Banned
This show is fucking great. Just finished Ep 7, and I'm kinda floored right now. I was worried this was gonna be a show sorta poking fun at Wrestling, but they totally do right by it.

Top Bottom