• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free 4 Month Google Play Music and YouTube Red Subscription (New Subscribers)

Pepiope

Well if you're just trying to "copy" your streaming library, there are services like Soundiiz that will attempt to match the entire list on Google and then provide you with a Google playlist. So you could add your entire Apple streaming library into a playlist (1000? songs per list) and then match it to Google.

If you're trying to transfer songs that you uploaded that aren't in the Apple Music or Google Music library, you'll need to download them to your computer and then upload them to Google Music.
Im just going to manually do it. I have 450ish songs. Gives me a chance to get rid of some and add some new ones. I need to expand my library :(

OraleeWey

Just signed up, how do I cancel?

Edit: Got it, never mind. It worked for me even though I already had a trial last year. This is my second trial.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Subscribed :). Wow I always ignored this service but using google play is amazing. Like I might just delete my private library from my phone and use this exclusively. Every song I want I'm finding. And I get YouTube Red?! God damn I may actually keep this after 4 months

Are there any ways to share the account with my wife and use it at the same time, or is it single instant/single user for $9.99?

Zero315

Banned
Bah, wouldn't let me get it again. I'd get it just for the YouTube Red. The google play iOS app sucks ass compared to the Spotify app.

LeonSPBR

Subscribed :). Wow I always ignored this service but using google play is amazing. Like I might just delete my private library from my phone and use this exclusively. Every song I want I'm finding. And I get YouTube Red?! God damn I may actually keep this after 4 months

Are there any ways to share the account with my wife and use it at the same time, or is it single instant/single user for $9.99?

There is the family subscription. Maybe you can share it with your wife in that way.

Laekon

Doesn't work for me. Wonder how long the period has to be from when you last subscribed. Or maybe since I payed for 1 month it doesn't work.

It worked me me on retry, thanks OP

fuck ads. I'd pay $3 dollars a month for no adds on YouTube. $10? Nah, I guess you can have my info googy

Swass

Thanks, I use the free service, will give this a go. I love these services always coming around with free months during the summer, always have free great tunes for summer road trips.

Does this met you play the audio of YouTube videos in the background on iPhone? Or is there any other way of doing this? I used to be able to start a video in Safari, close the browser, then swipe up and hit play to listen to audio from videos but it stopped working recently.

jwk94

I'd upload your library to Google Play first. Why get rid of that music?

Remk

Can confirm it works in Mexico, thanks op!

And sure I'll take your free offerings google, I took the free month trial when Red was launched here but that wasnt a problem.
Now how do I export my Zune library....

And since people dont seem to know about the YTRed shows I want to recommend the Bad Internet series from College Humor, it's a well produced series of comedy sketches exclusive to it, well worth a watch and my highlight when I used the service

RedAssedApe

Banned
Does this met you play the audio of YouTube videos in the background on iPhone? Or is there any other way of doing this? I used to be able to start a video in Safari, close the browser, then swipe up and hit play to listen to audio from videos but it stopped working recently.

yup. super lame that that functionality is locked behind a subscription service.

daviyoung

Banned
How does this compare to Apple music? My iTunes credit just ran out. Idk if I want to transfer over allllll my music though :(

I listen to a lot of electronic and dance music and found Google Plays selection very poor compared to Apples. New releases also weren't updated as frequently. This was about 6 months ago.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Video Creators do get a larger chunk per view for Red subscribers.
I've not seen any concrete numbers but several creators have mentioned it.

Not sure what happened but didn't get YTR for four months free, however I was given three months free for it and four for Play Music. Funky monkey.

Z3M0G

Activated 4 months of Google Music but nothing works. Everything gives an error when i try to play it. Because Canada?

Edit: nm working now

Allforce

The way all these music streaming companies throw free subs around it really makes it tough to pay for them. I had a free year of Google Play music when it launched for some promotion, when that ran out I signed up for another 4 month free sub all of last summer. This year someone posted a free year to Tidal back in March so I have that now. All the while I guess I am technically paying for Amazon Music since I pay for Prime but that's just a bonus I suppose.

facelike

$15 for the family plan, gets you up to 7 accounts for G.Play music. Works great.

Cool. When my Starbucks closes in the fall and I quit ,I can just switch to play music. Free spotify is great but the app kills my battery. Shuffle sucks too

I already use Apple Music, which is fine for what it does, but I'm glad Google play got it's shit together with the Songza acquisition. When they first acquired Songza, their adaptation of the app was unrecognizable. I'm still salty about it.

Top Bottom