• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Tanks on Xbox |OT| Keep Rollin' Out

World of Tanks is a free-to-play team based shooter. Players control light, medium and heavy tanks, tank destroyers and self propelled guns. The main focus of the game are multiplayer team battles.

Release Date:
February 2014 X360 – Download Link
July 28, 2015 XBOne – Download Link
TBA Winter 2016 - PS4 (Beta in late 2015)

Crossplay details: Progress and purchases are consistent between both versions. Players from both consoles play in the same matches and gamechat. Platoons consisting of cross-platform players are not officially supported. There is a method to create cross-platform platoon, but it is unintuitive and requires having both versions of the game.

Resources:
Official Website – Information on weekly events, promos and updates.
Wargaming Wiki – Probably the best resource available for information on tanks, loadouts etc. There are separate wikis for the Xbox and PC versions of the game. The PC version is generally more complete, but some information will be not applicable to the Xbox version.
Support Center – You can submit a support ticket from here if you’re having some issue with your game.
wotinfo – Calculates detailed player stats.
Rita Status Report – Blog which features leaks, translated developer Q&As, etc. Mostly focused on the PC version, but there is occasionally post related to the XBox version.

Companion App: View stats and stuff on a phone or tablet:
iOS Link
Android Link

For New Players:

There are some gameplay tutorials located under the Proving Grounds tab. Completing these rewards silver and free XP.

Misc Tips:

Premium consumables – Press Y when highlighting premium consumables or ammunition to switch the currency from gold to silver.
Hold RB (lock on button) to look around without moving the turret.
Press right on the D-pad to reload an autoloader without expending the entire clip.

Sales: These are the rates items go on sale for. (Items will occasionally go on sale for worse rates.)
Tier 2 - 5 Regular and Premium Tanks – 50% off
Tier 6 - 7 Regular and Premium Tanks – 30% off
Tier 8 - 10 Regular and Premium Tanks – 15% off (Sales on tier 9 and 10 tanks are rare.)
Camouflage, Emblems, Inscriptions, Garage Slots– 50% off (Garage slots on sale are often bundled in packs of ten)

Taurus

OP, I think you are missing a word?

"...with a new co-op mode where players computer controlled vehicles."

MAD Polo

Neo Member
This has been the reason I've kept my 360 hooked up in my office. I am just addicted to the game.

I guess it's time to actually give them some money! Played the beta weekend on X1 a week or so back and have been chomping at the bit to get back into it.

I've been longing for some WoT action on my Xbox One! Can't wait to roll out.

15gb patch even though I already pre-loaded??? Guess I can wait a little longer...

Naked Lunch

40,000 players are online right now - and its a weekday.

Going cross platform was a good idea for community size alone. Always full 15 v 15 matches and fast searches. Good times.

I bought the Amx chaffee, but when I logged on I had the T95E2 instead. Now my garage has both. Somebody done goofed but I aint complaining.

Is there a particular reason why the explosions on the Xbox one version ok like explosions from a twisted metal game from 10 years ago? Seems like they're actually worse than the Xbox 360 version

TMWNN35

Is there a particular reason why the explosions on the Xbox one version ok like explosions from a twisted metal game from 10 years ago? Seems like they're actually worse than the Xbox 360 version

The explosions when you roll over a parked car do indeed look awful, im fully downloaded its just sub par art.

Many places this looks nicer than the pc ver though, especially the grass swaying in the wind on some maps.

I don't know if its me but I don't really love any of the default control schemes on offer, have settled using option "C" but i hate having fire on LB.

Wish you could make a custom control layout.

Attention Xbone owners!
Please acquire a faster HDD 😄 I'm waiting up to a minute for you all to load.

Also, the Mini Maus is still awesome. It's hilarious watching people's attempt to flee when their shots aren't penetrating.

Mini Maus too stronk :p

T1QOFHy.jpg

Was World of Tanks ever announced for PS4?

Was browsing the Japanese PS site for TGS info and found this ...

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/worldoftanks.html

Maybe it'll be Japan only if MS has a deal in the rest of the world.

It's confirmed by WG for 2016 release WW. From the looks of it, the PS4 version should be basically the same game as the XBox version. Possibly it could run at 60hz, or even have some of the more complex maps from the PC version, as it won't have a last gen version holding it back.

Had this installed for ages but still haven't touched it, is it even worth me attempting to jump in now as a complete noob?

To play you'll need to download a huge update which is around the same size as redone loading the game. But yeah I do think it's worth checking out. If only because it's free* to try, and the f2p mechanics don't really affect progression in the early game. The community is very active and it will continue to get content updates into the foreseeable future.

There's a Ram II bundle available for free on the Xbox One store. It appears to be part of the games with gold promotion. Ram II Golden Bundle

Roll out with the Ram II medium tank, 100,000 Silver, Improved Vents Class II, Medium Caliber Gun Rammer, 3 Automatic Fire Extinguishers, 3 Large Repair Kits, and 3 Large First Aid Kits. Agile and quick-firing, tear through the enemy and evade destruction in this tier V US medium tank! Purchase new vehicles and upgrades with Silver.

Edit: I downloaded it already owning the Ram II. It gave me a cool 2526 gold instead of the tank. I recommend if you already own the Ram you get on this fast, in case WG gets wise and changes it to silver.

Vert boil

It's the second anniversary for World of Tanks and some goodies are available.

Today (friday) you get Triple XP for your first win of the day for all your tanks.

2 Days of Premium (activates immediately, everything else can be stored and used any time)
2 Garage Slots
+2 Large Repair Kit
+2 Large first Aid Kit
+2 Automatic Fire Extinguisher
+2 10-octane Gasoline
+2 Extra Combat Rations
+2 Case of Cola
+2 Chocolate
+2 Pudding and Tea
+2 Onigiri
+2 Strong Coffee
+2 Improved Combat Rations
and 200,000 Silver.

I also receive 7 days of Premium, not sure if everyone gets it or I missed out on it during the first anniversary.

U2NUMB

The game originally a year ago gave me a bad taste but I finally went back to it and now I am hooked.. it does so many things well. Scratches that Chromehounds itch better than any other game... love the fact that you can leave the match when you are killed, brilliant. I hope they bring their other games to console.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
My internet at home hasn't been working for a month and a half due to mainline damage so I would have missed it anyways, but I'm pissed that I didn't know about the 2nd year anniversary thing. Damnit. Two free garages would have especially nice to have.

Vert boil

Some free dlc popped up today for the Xbox One version.

Roll Out

Includes,
• American Tier II T1E6-X1 Light Tank
• 100% Trained Crew
• 1200 AP Shells
• 240 APCR Shells
• 5 Large Repair Kit
• 5 Large First Aid Kit
• 5 Automatic Fire Extinguisher
• 1 Garage Slots
• 100,000 Silver
• 7 Days of Premium
• 2 Ops

**edit, it's incorrectly listed. Only for newbies that have played less than 50 matches.

Top Bottom