• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Those of you who know about this franchise, would you recommend me getting it, if I have nobody local to play against? And seeing that the online stuff never seems to be up to snuff, I'll probably hang out in single player. While doing that, I would also start watching basketball games.

I always liked LA Lakers as a kid but I would like to give every team a fair chance.

IMO the classic teams and mygm mode are fun to fiddle around with.

bojie1986

We are getting 2000 T-Mac as well you can just throw him on the Magic and amped his stats a bit :)

cool, thanks!

07-08 rockets had that 22 game win streak.

And tmac. Dude was a beast.

And yao. Dude was also a beast.

was that also the year where tmac scored 13 in 33 seconds?

02-03 T-mac was like watching Michael Jordon's second coming.....that shit was unreal. The whole league at the time was amazing. 32.1 ppg.........fuck

i remember being so sad when they lost to the pistons in the playoffs.

elyetis

Any info on PC version compared to consoles? What about online modes?

I want to get this, I just fear PC is going to get a crappy downgraded version somehow.
I discovered nba 2k with 2k15 PC. Port was good, I think we were only missing the face scan feature. But the online community is pretty small on the PC version, that can be a pretty big downside.

Anyone in interested in a GAF X1 pro am?

Yeah sure I'm in.

--------

I wonder if they plan on releasing a myNBA2k16 app/game like last year? It was decent for VC you jump on everyday for just a minute or two and get a decent chunk of VC by the end of the week.

ron_bato

Yeah sure I'm in.

--------

I wonder if they plan on releasing a myNBA2k16 app/game like last year? It was decent for VC you jump on everyday for just a minute or two and get a decent chunk of VC by the end of the week.

They are. Paul George is the myNBA2K16 cover athlete.

Rivanov

Banned
Thinking about getting this game. Will be my first basketball game..
Should I get the PC version or the Xbox One version?

My PC is powerfull enough to run it maxed out graphically.. will the Xbox One version also be 1080p/60fps?

I always buy 2K on PS4 but I'm doing X1 this year. The snap feature with TV has made my life so much better (even though it lags the video like shit).

When I went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up FIFA they had my Jordan edition sitting on the desk waiting on me. The guy picked it up and started the pickup processed and just about then his manager walked up and said, "this one doesn't come out until Friday". I was so close!

Can't wait to fire this up Friday. Wanna check out the Hawks new additions/new look/court after coming off the most successful season since I've been a fan.

I always start MyPlayer but fall off when the real season starts, maybe this time will be different.

Ryne

After playing the Live demo I'm looking for a basketball fix, and Live isn't it. How is the PC version of this game anyway? Any reviews out yet?

The last 2K I really put hours into was 2K10, so it will be a jump for me I hope.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Gonna hold off on this one. They've gotten real annoying with the $60 free to play game mechanics. Last one I bought I couldn't change my team's lineup as the coach without spending coins.

Maybe if I hear that crap is gone.

Gonna hold off on this one. They've gotten real annoying with the $60 free to play game mechanics. Last one I bought I couldn't change my team's lineup as the coach without spending coins.

Maybe if I hear that crap is gone.

Having to use VC for everything in MyGM mode was removed for last years game.

cripterion

Thinking about getting this game. Will be my first basketball game..
Should I get the PC version or the Xbox One version?

My PC is powerfull enough to run it maxed out graphically.. will the Xbox One version also be 1080p/60fps?

Neither consoles get a constant 60fps, it dips depending on the the activity and camera angle/replays.

If you have a good pc, it's smooth all the way and the graphics are glorious if you can increase the resolution.
Only downsides to pc version : patching can be delayed compared to consoles, and of course small online community and no facescan although we have a plethoras of webcams to use lol.

Rivanov

Banned
Neither consoles get a constant 60fps, it dips depending on the the activity and camera angle/replays.

If you have a good pc, it's smooth all the way and the graphics are glorious if you can increase the resolution.
Only downsides to pc version : patching can be delayed compared to consoles, and of course small online community and no facescan although we have a plethoras of webcams to use lol.
I can play NBA 2K15 in 1080p with all graphics maxed out so 2K16 should be the same.

But on Xbox One I can play relaxed from my couch on my 55" with DD5.1 where on my PC I sit on my chair staring at 24" with stereo sound. ;)

Discissions discissions..

Omega

Banned
Calling in sick on Friday. Is there a GAF league for PC players?

I doubt it, we are few to get in on pc.

if you two are getting on PC add me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/that-omega-guy/

Looks like they're putting a lot into this year's edition. NBA Live is keeping them honest. Ok, maybe not.

I think Live 15 showed potential but the gameplay just wasn't there. Too easy to cheese. My first rookie game I dropped a triple double with 89 points, I think I posted a pic in one of the old NBA Gaf threads..

ron_bato

Looks like quick match online is getting revamped this year.

Theres a trailer online but i cant link to it now since im on my phone.

Basically:
- the goal is to level up (or rank up) to reach the greatest of all time ranking
- you earn points by beating people
- nba teams are now classified by tiers, you earn more points by beating someone in higher tiers
- you can play classic teams in ranked once you unlock them (once you reach a certain rank i guess)

Edit: heres the link to the trailer https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e_16Pd6MoKg

Justified

Looks like quick match online is getting revamped this year.

Theres a trailer online but i cant link to it now since im on my phone.

Basically:
- the goal is to level up (or rank up) to reach the greatest of all time ranking
- you earn points by beating people
- nba teams are now classified by tiers, you earn more points by beating someone in higher tiers
- you can play classic teams in ranked once you unlock them (once you reach a certain rank i guess)

Edit: heres the link to the trailer https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e_16Pd6MoKg

Looks good Quick Match was my thing before MyCareer came

I'll probably pick this up after the All-Star break. By that time the trade deadline is in the rear view mirror and the teams have settled on their rosters. And the playoff race/pecking order is starting to take shape. The best part is I can most likely pick up the game for $30 at that point.

As for the game itself, I was greatly disappointed in 14 and somewhat happy with 15. 15 corrected some of the off-court issues (VC being the most egregious). But, while on-court gameplay has a couple improvements, it still has legacy issues and AI problems that are extremely aggravating. Bottom line for me is most of the "improvements" in 2k16 will probably turn out to be more flash than substance. I couldn't care less about a thousand different, extra modes or soap opera myPlayer garbage. I just want better on-court gameplay, AI, and not to be insulted by monetization at every turn.

Live 15 showed potential last year (I don't regret picking it up for $9, it's been fun and is actually better than 2k in terms of on court fluidity, transition game, etc...). But it looks like EA has already thrown in the towel since early word is Live 16 isn't going to be the leap we all hoped for to give 2k some real competition and light a fire under their asses. No biggie I suppose...that's why I've waited a few months since 2k12 and pick up 2k for half price or less.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Customizable Tats

NBA 2K16 is introducing over 1,500 tattoo designs that you can move, scale, rotate and layer onto your MyPLAYER. Fans will be able to apply tattoos to the chest, back, neck, legs and arms.

https://youtu.be/rc3XFlL-Dbk
Damn, I remember working on NBA Live 96/97 and having to scrub the tattoos from players in the intro/team sequences. We've come a long way.

I'm going to wait on this one - see how egregious the VC fuckery is before taking the plunge. 2K14 was a massive offender in this regard, I didn't even bother with 2K15.

Top Bottom