• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima will no longer be a Konami executive from April 1st + KojiPro is no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Kojima managed to get a second studio set up in LA. Maybe all this shit is costly. Maybe Kojima Productions is just getting a re-branding?

It's the one year anniversary of Ground Zeroes' release, if that means anything.

holy shit...man Konami without Kojipro is insane. Wasn't there a recent graph showing 1/4 of Konami's 2014 revenue was from Metal Gear?

Ban Puncher

6KQC8Xm.gif

Alienous

I still think Konami made a wager with Kojima that he didn't take seriously.

"You have one year after Ground Zeroes releases to release The Phantom Pain, or you're all fired"
"Heh, you wouldn't fire me"

Bam.

CTLance

Huh.

I won't deny my profound lack of interest in the guy and his recent games, but this sounds quite interesting to me. Maybe he can finally escape the grind and make something new and exciting.

Konami without him is pretty much doomed though. Serves them right, those Hudson-murdering asswipes.

Alienous

Maybe Kojima requested another delay and Konami decided "You know what, two studios and five development years is enough. We'll deal with this, you're fired".

DaBoss

Maybe they want people to associate MGS5 with Konami and not Kojima?

Though everything they've done seems excessive.

OMFG! SHOCKING NEWS! What's gonna happen to Kojima? What's going to happen to Silent Hill?? End of an era? Or beginning of a new one?

jimi_dini

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/metal...mi_responds_to_hideo_kojima_exit_rumours.html

"Konami Digital Entertainment, including Mr. Kojima, will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements."

Shouldn't that read:

Konami Digital Entertainment and Kojima Productions, including Mr. Kojima, will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products."?

Wait, developing games... so it should have been "Kojima productions, including Mr. Kojima, will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Konami will publish them."

Uh oh.

Or maybe it's just a silly marketing ploy.

FourMyle

OMFG! SHOCKING NEWS! What's gonna happen to Kojima? What's going to happen to Silent Hill?? End of an era? Or beginning of a new one?

At any other point I would have taken this post as sarcasm, but I think this reaction is warranted as a response this rumor lool

Chairhome

My hopes are that (a) Konami wants to brand the game as their own so his involvement doesn't overshadow the company when he leaves, (b) Kojima is accepting this as he is leaving the company in the near future, (c) Aliens.jpg

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Kojima managed to get a second studio set up in LA. Maybe all this shit is costly. Maybe Kojima Productions is just getting a re-branding?

Far more likely than anything else. Kojipro always was just Konami anyway, and more specifically its the Fox Engine studio, which is going to be used by more projects than Kojima himself is working on.

Alienous

You could say that this decision is HIDEOUS.

Look at the clues. HIDEO + US.

Kojima Productions LA is the new main studio, and Kojima is moving to sunny California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom