• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

FauX

5193GCCuISL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I got a copy of it too. Is it rare?

cj_iwakura

Also, I have Revelations: Persona, which is probably the rarest PS1 game I own now.

Demand for that game SKYROCKETED when Persona 3 came out.

(I have Black Label FFVII, but who doesn't?)

Kinyou

I have the World of Warcraft Collectors Edition. Is that worth something? lol

Oh and Metal Gear Solid for PC

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
And few years ago, i went to a garage sale where a lady was selling her sons game collection while he was in college. I purchased every single metal gear game that were factory sealed and a copy of radiant silvergun for 50 bucks.

A few years from now some Gaf member will share his story about a collection he had that was sold off while he was in college.

GamerSoul

I would say Tales of Symphonia GC. I got it for my b-day that summer when it was released. I havent been gaming that long.

alf717

I used to follow the "rare" scene a lot back in the day but now I just don't care for it as much. It was kind of fun to track down those so called rare titles cause a lot of them were games I wanted to play. As for rare? I guess I would say my copy of Rockman Strategy.

N4Us

W32sI.jpg

Not complete unfortunately, but I do have it.

It also actually saves on a memory card, unlike what most copies supposedly don't.

Joke option:

zPHeG.jpg

user jay and i are friends in real life and sorta share our collection, so ill let him correct me if im wrong on any of this.

Panzer Dragoon Saga. Got it for $15. :)

we own this, but paid like $200 for it.

I have a copy of shining force 3 episode 1 for my saturn in a box somewhere, thats about it.

we have all three scenarios of this, and have played all the way through ep2 and much of ep3 with a printed out translation in our laps.

hmm... we also have earthbound, radiant silvergun, shinrei jusatsushi taromaru or however its spelled (psychic assassin tarumaro), a bunch of smt stuff, lack of love.

in terms of stuff i consider rare or uncommon but isnt actually that valuable, we have whats shenmue, chulip, a slew of crappy rpgs...

Either;

Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru (Psychic Killer Taromaru) for the Saturn.
Stellar Assault SS for the Saturn.
Blast Wind for the Saturn.
Panorama Cotton for the MegaDrive.

Zoator

Suikoden I (physical copy)

And not that rare, but I have a black label copy of FF7, and a sealed green label copy.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Not really much. Most of my older games 'disappeared' some time ago :/

But I guess my rarest I have now is Tactics Ogre PS1.

Then maybe stuff like Secret of Mana with its Box and contents (opened)

didn't know panzer dragoon saga went up this much. still have mine lying around in mint condition, bought at launch :)

not sure if it's my rarest game though.

Misterhbk

took me forever to find a copy of this after foolishly traded it in when I was younger. got lucky at a local gamestop and found it for less than 10 bucks xD.

566126front-1.jpg

I believe Psychic Assassin Taromaru is the rarest game I own. I loved it. It reminds me of a mixture of Shinobe and Castlevania. It's a great game, and the graphics were beautiful. It's a shame time warner's closed their gaming studios before they had a chance to release their first game.

It makes me sad. I really would of loved a sequel.

images

psychic%20assassin%20taromaru.png

Az987

all good things
I have a sealed copy of Mega Man X Collection for Gamecube.

I guess Steel Battalion is kind of rare. I never even played it and it's still in the box. I think I opened it to look at the controller though.

Mass Effect 1 Collectors edition is kind of rare I think.

I probably have some others that I don't know are rare but I don't have anything really rare.

I don't really know which of my games are rare and which aren't, but off the top of my head and in front of me...

WvXFn.jpg

One Piece Unlimited Adventure(huge One Piece fan right here!). Can't take a direct pic, so this should suffice.

Radiant Silvergun was rare to get a hold of, but it actually sold well at the time.

Supply and demand made it appear rare though. Now that it's been release elsewhere, it's no longer rare.

It's one of the rare games in my sega saturn list, which includes:
Shining Force 3 (all scenarios Japan)
Shining Force 3 (scenario 1 US)
Panzer Dragoon Saga (US)
etc :p

I also have some of the ones people have mentioned.

Lunar 1 and 2 Complete, and Arc The Lad Collection
Ikaruga
Suikoden
Symphony of the Night black label
Tetris DS, etc.

Son1x

I'm not sure, but probably something like Lunar: Eternal Blue for Sega CD or either Lunars complete for PS1.

Top Bottom