• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election 2017 |OT2| No Government is better than a bad Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
please let there be a progressive alliance

please let it be called 'the coalition of chaos' in all official letters

o-CORBYN-TWEETS-570.jpg

If nothing else, Corbyn has mounted a fantastic fucking campaign.

I'll believe Tories not getting a majority when I see it, very skeptical.

Is a minority government likely or will Lib Dems and SNP back out of their coalition claims and just go for it?

Half of me trying to stay barely awake other half still reeling from the exit polls. Generally on a high from sleep deprivation

tenor.gif

So I don't know shit about BritPolitics

What's the deal with the exit poll?

Predictive data collected at polling stations across the country. It's by no means perfect, but a good barometer.

Edit:

Or if you meant by this particular one, it says no party can form a majority in the Commons on their own, so no parliament can be formed without a coalition again.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Basildon the first really significant YouGov miss - first time they've had both major parties outside the MoE.

11 out of 12 ain't bad tho

So much for that unelectable opposition. Or weak opposition. I can't remember how they tried spinning it lol. Centrism is well and truly dead.

mo60

The exit poll predicts the kind of result we would expect from a UK election. Usually it's off slightly or close to the actual result. So far it looks like it may be correct.

Acorn

If nothing else, Corbyn has mounted a fantastic fucking campaign.

I'll believe Tories not getting a majority when I see it, very skeptical.

Is a minority government likely or will Lib Dems and SNP back out of their coalition claims and just go for it?
Doesn't need to be a coalition.

scotcheggz

Was playing D&D tonight, took a break for the exit poll. D&D went to shit... Fucking awesome. Suck it down May.

kirblar

Correct. YouGov thinks Labour are overperforming in the marginals - the suburban vote (this isn't the same vote as suburban America, before kirblar comments - UK cities radiate outwards, American cities are economic donuts).
Suburban votes here are varied- inner ones lean blue, exurbs red. (The redder exurbs and upper-middle class areas were the areas that are swinging D away from R)

How are the UK ones different? The 1%ers are always concentrated in the hub?

Empty

broxborne yougov tory 58%, reality 62

nuneaon yougov tory 46, reality 52

basildon yougov tory 50, reality 61

middlesborugh yougov labour 59, reality 65

starting to fall away

gngf123

Wait, did they just say Labour were likely to get Thurrock? I was sure that would go Conservative after the UKIP split.

It indicated that the Conservatives would become the largest party, but not have an overall majority of seats in our House of Commons. This means that when voting on legislation, they would not be able to simply "walk things through" and could be held up by the other parities.

This is a good thing, because the Conservatives have a habit of shafting anyone who isn't on a six-figure salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom