• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions

SpaceWolf

Banned
Agree to disagree. The action is actually one of my favorite things about it, especially at the end. It gets so brutal.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love that final confrontation scene. It's really well done conceptually in a way most of the action scenes kind of aren't, very grounded and vicious. Most of the other fight scenes though come across as very campy and soft in comparison, with a lot of really clunky wirework.

Again, I love the original Spiderman, but Spiderman 2 really exceeded it in every way.

Harmen

Third best Spidey film is like the third best Alien film though, not exactly a good indicator of quality.

I learned not to trust early reviews, but I expect a fun midtier MCU film. Anything more than that would be a nice surprise.

Yeah, I saw Germain's tweet earlier where he was like "Best since Spider-man 2" and was like "So... it's the 2nd best Spider-M—"

"It's almost as good as the Raimi original"

Okay hold on buddy. Wait a sec.

Like, I don't know if I can trust your Spideypinions if you're the kinda true believer who buys the notion that Spidey 1 is the best of the Raimi Trilogy.

cuz it aint

When do we start quoting Green Goblin?
We start when we go
Back-to-formula-01.gif

Probably the superhero with the most baggage to overcome ever. The second reboot of a character with a previous film that's considered a benchmark of a huge and popular genre.

Godspeed Spider-Man.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Spiderman 2 is the worst in the original trilogy

1 > 3 > 2

You have strayed too far from the ComicBook Movie God's warming light. Come closer, my child. Dance in the sun with us and embrace Spider-Man 2.

Finaj

"Great Villain w/Depth"

This is the part that interests me. I really want a good bad guy from the MCU.

Also, it not being an origin story is a positive. We've had two of those already.

have people seen spider-man 2 lately?

How dare you!

Saw it just yesterday actually due to all the Spidey hype

Still the GOAT superhero movie

My Spiderman 2 slander sense is tingling....

Someone hold me back.

Yeah it's still great

I literally watched it last night. Still great.

You all are good people.

i'm actually watching it now, first time in years

that doc ock scene in the hospital room is straight out of evil dead and it's tremendous
Okay. You are seeing the light. All is well.

Still the best superhero film ever, and it probably will be for a long time.

Mariolee

Reviews are good enough for me. Was not expecting this to even touch the perfection that is Spider-Man 2 but the fact they got close is music to my ears.

Great, so this movie is going to be divisive at best. Third best Spider-Man and third best in MCU is a pretty massive chasm.

I'm guessing the metric is something like-

Winter Soldier, then Guardians, then Spidey, or some variation of that. Which isn't a bad place for the movie to be.

"Great Villain w/Depth"

This is the part that interests me. I really want a good bad guy from the MCU.

It's not hard to give Vulture depth, since he had none to begin with. I just don't want Michael Keaton to be wasted.

Seesaw15

"The film glosses over his origin, which robs Spider-Man of his inherent tragedy."

How many times do you need to see his origin?

"Not seeing Bruce Wayne's parents shot in the Dark Knight really robs Batman of his inherent tragedy. "

If this is a common complaint for this movie imma riot.

Tylercrat

Banned
Don't you want to know how Peter Parker became Spider-man? Won't the audience be confused if they don't see this?

He got bit by a spider.

I can't stand origin stories of things I've seen a bunch. If I have to watch Uncle Ben or Bruce Wayne's parents get killed one more time I don't know what I'm going to do.

Top Bottom