• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EastEnders |OT| Get Outta My Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This needed to be mentioned at some point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqrLxcO28zE
lsjjyaq.jpg

I don't think he's dead.

If he is that's two dead bodies in a row that have been moved about in lightning fast time. EastEnders: The land in which once you die gravity has no hold over you.

Plus that whole Shabnam-Dean baby plot has gotta lead somewhere right? I so want Zainab to rock back up with her newly discovered granddaughter in tow.

Bets on Dean. Dead or not?

He's not dead.
That'll be the next storyline for the coming weeks given that they said it would take up to 6 weeks to arrest and potentially charge him.
They'll deal with the rape aftermath now whilst they get back into the swing of things with catching up the who done it story.

Mathezar

I'm Dutch, but with my mum being English I grew up with it, so I get my fair share of EastEnders, BBC is pretty much broadcast everywhere in The Netherlands.
I'm not really a religious watcher, but every so often I can't help myself tuning in, its pretty easy to get into again when I've lost interest. I appreciate the acting mostly, the story lines get pretty pathetic sometimes.

I have been watching the past few weeks, and although I'll admit they've handled the story creatively, I'm disappointed with the outcome.

When was Richard Blackwood's character officially named Vincent? His name seems to have been kept secret officially but I noticed it casually mentioned on Digital Spy the other day, and now here.

It was in some press release the other week. Vincent is apparently Kim's husband, going by what Denise said on Thursday.

Shy

excellent first post OP. and thank you for making this thread.
*that whole story line was bare jokes.

that best bit was every now and then when he had that half-asleep lip-smacking needing a fix look.

*drug addiction isn't funny.
Wondered why EE never had an OT,
me too, i lurked gaf for years and was always sad there never was one before.
Why were him and his wife suspects again? I can't even remember.
because ... reasons.
ePJtYyH.gif

Mick is amazing, didn't actually believe the Dyer casting when it was first announced. He's smashed that role. How the fuck do all the women fall for Max though, he looks like an old Wotsit.
yep yep, when i first heard he was cast i, rolled my eyes, but he really has been killing it.

because no woman can rest that baldie ginger. lol
Bets on Dean. Dead or not?
ummm, i'm gonna say alive.
This needed to be mentioned at some point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqrLxcO28zE
lsjjyaq.jpg
CPf3zpH.gif

EDIT: ohh. i forgot to mention. the first ever episode is on the iplayer if anybody wants to check it out.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Story is from the Daily Mail (banned link) but I laughed:

EastEnders viewers complain to Ofcom claiming BBC misled them in publicity for Who Killed Lucy? episode

Five people complained following last night's episode of the BBC soap
Four said killer's identity was too difficult to predict and they were misled
Bobby Beale was revealed as half-sister's murderer after 10 months
But critics said the BBC had spread 'false information' in telling of story
Another said a helpline number should have been screened after show

RedShift

I haven't watched it in years since my Mum started putting all her efforts into watching Corrie rather than splitting between them, can't believe Dot is in prison. Or that Danny bloody Dyer is the landlord of the Queen Vic.

Everyone should watch that bit from Screenwipe about Britain's Hardest Man hosted by Phil Mitchell https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDoPvr3VT4

New Information on the continuing story of the Lucy Beale Storyline.

I wont type it here for spoiler reasons but follow the link for more.

Spoilers for Lucy Beale Storyline

Only click my spoiler if you've read the link.

I reckon Max will get arrested. He was seen heading towards the Beales house in the flashback episode and they never explained it after. He also had blood on his shirt.

Broken Joystick

I reckon Max will get arrested. He was seen heading towards the Beales house in the flashback episode and they never explained it after. He also had blood on his shirt.

Hmm.

Don't think it'll be Max, seeing as him and Phil have got beef to settle right now. Then again, that could work out well for Phil. Could be one his kids though.

Hmm.

Don't think it'll be Max, seeing as him and Phil have got beef to settle right now. Then again, that could work out well for Phil. Could be one his kids though.

Well, Lauren leaves next week, so she either goes with Peter or she goes to prison, but if she went to prison it woule mean they need her back at certain poiints, so i'd say maybe Abi gets nicked for it.

Broken Joystick

Well, Lauren leaves next week, so she either goes with Peter or she goes to prison, but if she went to prison it woule mean they need her back at certain poiints, so i'd say maybe Abi gets nicked for it.

I was thinking Abi. That gives Phil some leverage over Max maybe? Eventually Phil has to tell Ian about Kathy too, maybe Ian tells Phil about Bobby. Haha, there's so much happening right now.

So the little kid killed her and they just let it go? Nothing will happen to him?

They'll cover it up for now, but it'll probably get out somehow. If Bobby gets arrested, Jane would too, others as well. They have to let it go really.

SugarDave

Something I didn't quite understand was how Emma sussed out who killed Lucy. Jane mentioned how Patrick collapsing made her realise it happened at home, but I don't get the connection, could anyone explain?

Something I didn't quite understand was how Emma sussed out who killed Lucy. Jane mentioned how Patrick collapsing made her realise it happened at home, but I don't get the connection, could anyone explain?

From what I remember in the live episode, they realised with the lights on and Janes car not being there and some connection with the video of Lauren going to the Beales.
Might have to watch it again to put the dots together though.

SugarDave

From what I remember in the live episode, they realised with the lights on and Janes car not being there and some connection with the video of Lauren going to the Beales.
Might have to watch it again to put the dots together though.

I get that part where Jane's alibi for Lauren doesn't fit with her car being missing, but she mentions Patrick as well, and I remember in the episode where Emma realises who the killer is that someone bursts into the Vic panicking about Patrick or something and that sparks her piecing it together, but I have no idea how.

MikeMyers

I pretty much have no respect for Ian and Jane at this point,
letting an innocent person take the fall for Bobby
. Sick.

Real Hero

Coronation Street is just fun. I do respect the unrelenting grimness that is Eastenders but it's not as enjoyable as Coronation Street.

sam777

I used to watch EastEnders all the time a few years ago but now I watch it now and then, so I will be in this thread from time to time.

Also I don't think Dean is dead btw.

Broken Joystick

Not even close. I'd put Eastenders ahead of Hollyoaks (because that's terrible), but behind Emmerdale and God-tier Coronation Street.

zjE7MQ9.gif

Watched Hollyoaks for a few years when it first come out, went down the shitter though. I can't keep up with all the soaps and EE does enough for me.

Mr-Joker

Banned
My family only watch Eastender as we find Corrie boring. I also watched Hollyoak and just laughed at how bad and over the top it is.

Slowdive

Banned
Hollyoaks is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. Every other week someone gets arrested, kidnapped or murdered. It's great. I don't watch corrie anymore, I've heard the new producer is really bad.

I get that part where Jane's alibi for Lauren doesn't fit with her car being missing, but she mentions Patrick as well, and I remember in the episode where Emma realises who the killer is that someone bursts into the Vic panicking about Patrick or something and that sparks her piecing it together, but I have no idea how.

Yeah it was the one main thing that didnt make much sense to me either. At best I guess you're meant to presume the idea of someone collapsing at home triggered the idea in Emma's head, which lead her to the statement about the Beales lights being on and Jane's car being missing.

On the one hand I guess its fair enough that in real life the most random of things can spark a thought process. On the other its just very thin narrative. Like, you get the sense they got to New Year and were like 'Oh crap, we've got to have Emma solve the case without making it obvious enough for the audience to solve it too'.

Rich!

Something cool I noticed:

Nick Cotton being found dead in his chair in the live episode is basically a throwback to Reg being found dead in his chair in the first scene of the first ever episode of EastEnders.

Demain

Nick Cotton being found dead in his chair in the live episode is basically a throwback to Reg being found dead in his chair in the first scene of the first ever episode of EastEnders.

Yeah, this was stated by the BBC prior to the episode airing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/entries/b0f3d8d0-b562-4fc3-b2b9-fc70eb6883fe

It was pretty cool but think he should have been found by more important characters than the new Martin or Kush but I'm hoping Martin actually gets some important story,lines soon!

I wonder what way tonights episode will play out!

Volotaire

Yep. they also constructed the first ever scene of EE in Thursday's episode as Stacey, Kush and Martin kick opened the door.

10470845_10153104680209939_7022118132963002884_n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom