• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life expectancy to break 90 barrier by 2030 (US has lowest life expectancy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azyless

At birth is a bit misleading since it's heavily influenced by child mortality... which is much higher in the US due to the Republican crusade to defund anything that might allow abortions.
How is it misleading ? There's no reason for child mortality not to count.

Fred-87

Western diet and lifestyle...

Btw, anyone know if gym culture is big in South Korea?

Gym doesnt make you older. Excersize is good ofcourse but getting big muscles only fastens the aging process with the constant growing process. Its ofcourse better then no excersize at all.
Well unless you go to the gym for cardio mostly and light muscle building, thats better

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Come on. I know 80 year olds that have more energy than me at 36.

Yeah but I know (or at least know of) a LOT more people not even that age who are basically walking dead. IF you exercise all the time, IF you give up all the nice food, IF you have good genetics and don't just get a hereditary heart problem or stroke or cerebral aneurysm or other bullshit then MAYBE you might avoid getting hit by a car or shot or stabbed or killed by pneumonia long enough so that you can be one of those annoying sprightly old people. Who are still made of glass, by the way.

I don't want to live past 75 anyway.

This is easy to say if you still have decades until you are 75. I would bet a lot of money that most of the time when people say things like this the reality is that when they would be 75 they would choose option ''give me more years'' over death.

This is easy to say if you still have decades until you have 75. I would bet a lot of money that most of the time when people say things like this the reality is that when they would be 75 they would choose option ''give me more years'' over death.

No doubt about it. My other thought is that some people must living boring lives to think that. I've accepted that it's not possible but I've no doubt that I could live well beyond a human lifespan and never run out of things to see, do and experience.

KDR_11k

How is it misleading ? There's no reason for child mortality not to count.

Most people look at rising life expectancies and think "this means we will live longer" (especially when it comes to retirement) but when it's mostly about kids dying less that means people aren't getting older. Kids not dying changes nothing about the retirement system.

boxoctosis

Most people look at rising life expectancies and think "this means we will live longer" (especially when it comes to retirement) but when it's mostly about kids dying less that means people aren't getting older. Kids not dying changes nothing about the retirement system.

Life expectancies at older ages are rising too, is not just improvements in child mortality that we are seeing. There's been improvements in longevity across all ages over past decades.

http://life-span.healthgrove.com/l/86/85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom