• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

What level is the beldum?
Got a pic.
Seems legitimately bred, though apparently IVs like that are possible?
I'd wonder trade away a carvanha that had its 5IVs outside of Attack too, if I wanted a Sharpedo on my team

e: I'll go ahead and bet his natures Adamant and his ability is speed boost too
You're right on the Speed boost. Got a pic too. It just seems so very suspicious. Like, to barely not be caught as cheating.

Though earlier today I got a Shiny SpiritTomb with all perfect IVs through Wonder Trade. I'm certain that was hacked.

LordRaptor

It just seems so very suspicious. Like, to barely not be caught as cheating.

Nah, 5 perfect IVs is easy when you're breeding if you have a destiny knot and 2 4IV dittos with overlapping IVs - I literally wondertrade away entire boxes of 5IV pokeymans because I didn't add an egg move to the mix yet or their imperfect IV is in a stat I want a perfect in.

Its like, 20 mins of breeding and hatching to get a specific spread / nature / ability.

6 perfect IVs and shiny usually is hacked though.

If I have a perfect 4IV Ditto and a perfect 4IV other Pokemon, is their egg most likely to heave 4+ perfect IVs without using the destiny knot?

LordRaptor

If I have a perfect 4IV Ditto and a perfect 4IV other Pokemon, is their egg most likely to heave 4+ perfect IVs without using the destiny knot?

IIRC, its something like a 50-50 if it takes a stat from a parent or not, and if it does its a 50-50 which parent it takes it from without a Destiny Knot or Power Item in the mix.
Like, 2 parents with good IVs will eventually generate children with good IVs, it just takes a lot longer than Destiny Knotting it.

spiritfox

The baby will inherit 3 random IVs from both parents without a Destiny Knot. The other 3 are randomly generated. It jumps to 5 IVs with a Knot. A power item will pass down that specific stat from the parent holding it 100% of the time, and wil inherit 2 IVs instead.

Actually on a somewhat related note you need to use Everstones to get non-Alolan forms by breeding does that mean you have to have the non-Alolan parent with the correct nature or can you give an everstone to both parents and then fish that way ?

spiritfox

Actually on a somewhat related note you need to use Everstones to get non-Alolan forms by breeding does that mean you have to have the non-Alolan parent with the correct nature or can you give an everstone to both parents and then fish that way ?

If both parents have an everstone it's 50/50.

spiritfox

Does it give you a 50/50 form chance as well if one parent is Alololan and one is Kanto ?

Alolan form mechanics are a bit of a mess.

Isn't that right Kanto-Pikachu who can never evolve into Kanto Raichu ?

It should be 100% non-Alolan if the mother is carrying an Everstone. Also, not 100% sure but even if both parents are non-Alolan, if you breed without an Everstone you'll still get Alolan form children.

All the Alolan forms that are evolution only can only evolve to their Alolan form in Alola. If you want a non-Alolan form you need to import it from gen 6.

BTW Bulbapedia has most of this info in their breeding mechanics page.

Nah, 5 perfect IVs is easy when you're breeding if you have a destiny knot and 2 4IV dittos with overlapping IVs - I literally wondertrade away entire boxes of 5IV pokeymans because I didn't add an egg move to the mix yet or their imperfect IV is in a stat I want a perfect in.

Its like, 20 mins of breeding and hatching to get a specific spread / nature / ability.

6 perfect IVs and shiny usually is hacked though.

I've just barely begun to get into this IV breeding game. I don't think I've ever gotten a perfect that would match those 2. But I've been close. It's all very random though. I'd get some that have great potential, minus 2 or 3 stats, but the rest of the eggs in the batch were not that great. Would I then have to breed that near perfect with a Ditto that would cover the gaps? Then I assume it would lead to more breeding where everything is passed down to complete the most IV coverage?

SlickVic

Got the game at launch but just finished up the third island today. Don't have a whole lot of free time this month, but I'm kind of hoping to finish this before the next wave of new game releases start coming out with Horizon Zero Dawn. Guess I'm slowly chipping away at it.

LordRaptor

I've just barely begun to get into this IV breeding game. I don't think I've ever gotten a perfect that would match those 2. But I've been close. It's all very random though. I'd get some that have great potential, minus 2 or 3 stats, but the rest of the eggs in the batch were not that great. Would I then have to breed that near perfect with a Ditto that would cover the gaps? Then I assume it would lead to more breeding where everything is passed down to complete the most IV coverage?

Yeah, its just a question of having the stats you want perfect IVs in across both parents - the more overlap there is, the more likely it is the kid will inherit 'overlap' stats.

So a typical breed chain would be
A: XXxxXX (4 IV ditto with destiny knot)
B: xxxxxx (worst case scenario pokeyman with nothing - if its the nature you want give it an everstone)
C: Ditto with xxXXXX or XXXXxx as next parent in waiting
As soon as you have a kid with XXxxxx or xxxxXX, swap him in with C, and each time you get a kid with more perfect IVs than whievers with the Ditto, switch them in as the species parent instead

Always use a pokemon with flame body (magmars and fletchinders are both easy finds) as your compulsory pokemon with eggs for faster hatching too

Regiruler

Got a pic.
Seems legitimately bred, though apparently IVs like that are possible?

You're right on the Speed boost. Got a pic too. It just seems so very suspicious. Like, to barely not be caught as cheating.

Though earlier today I got a Shiny SpiritTomb with all perfect IVs through Wonder Trade. I'm certain that was hacked.

It should have come with wonderguard for old time's sake.

New age wondertombs aren't what they used to be.

Smasher89

It should have come with wonderguard for old time's sake.

New age wondertombs aren't what they used to be.

Fun fact, in gen 4, playing against a wonder tomb, I and a friend(he obv cheatet and made rediciluous pokemon, like leech seed shuckle too) noticed that Fire fang actually hits it, no idea why though since it only makes sence against shedinja.

JoeM86

C39uv3AWQAEZGGf.jpg

Nailed it

How in the name of deity was one supposed to catch Castform without the internet ?

Not only do you need to know that Weather SOS is different but you need to go to a location with natural weather and then cause a different kind of weather to have a reasonable chance of Castform spawning.

Thats even more insane than using Cubone SOS to spawn Kangaskahn which might at least happen by accident while chaining Cubone.

Koren

but you need to go to a location with natural weather and then cause a different kind of weather to have a reasonable chance of Castform spawning.
Not sure if I understand... You don't have to change the weather if it's already active. It doesn't need to be natural, either. You can encounter it randomly, it's not that rare.

Cruxist

So, just imported all my dudes from pokebank. Several pokemon have little black symbols to the left of the markings you can put on them. What does this stand for? I looked it up and didn't find anything.

WPS

So, just imported all my dudes from pokebank. Several pokemon have little black symbols to the left of the markings you can put on them. What does this stand for? I looked it up and didn't find anything.

Diamond - From 6th gen
Plus - From 7th gen
Tiny game boy - From Virtual Console
No symbol - from 3rd to 5th gen
Smiley face - non-infectious pokérus carrier

Arynio

:O Awesome! Is there anything you're looking for?

Anything is fine! PM for the trade!

If you still have these Snivies, it would really make my day to trade for one! FC is in my profile. I can offer breedject Litwicks, Mareep, Shelders or Joltiks. I also have Larvestas, Pawniards and Shroomish (poison heal) in my bank, but you would probably prefer those traded to ORAS for move tutoring.

Yes, I still have 5, I think. I'm interested in Mareep and Joltik. What pokéballs do they come in? Let's Switch to PMs.

Hey all, just checking in. Heard Bank was in and interested in jumping back in.

Was there ever a better way to level to 100 found other than the shop + candies thing? Honestly was the biggest thing that turned me off.

Hey all, just checking in. Heard Bank was in and interested in jumping back in.

Was there ever a better way to level to 100 found other than the shop + candies thing? Honestly was the biggest thing that turned me off.

Depending on how you want to do it theres also Elite 4 rematches, farming a particular Ultra Beast (if you haven't already caught it), and SOS chaining a particular wild encounter (requires some setup) and the Isle Evelup (which is mostly passive (you can put in Poke beans every so often to make it go faster) and can be done to up to 18 pokemon but is very slow).

The Rare Candy Shop bonanza is probably the most practical fast way to do things once you outlevel the elite 4 / ultra beast / Bewear wild encounter used for farming.

Registration opens Thursday next week (16th)
Battles begin on the 24th

I've never bothered with the competitions before but I really want those mega stones. Do I need to register through the website or will it be something I do through festival plaza?

Wait how do I even get BP from the bank? Just deposit Pokemon?

I got some BP from the lady last time I used the app but I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Wait how do I even get BP from the bank? Just deposit Pokemon?

I got some BP from the lady last time I used the app but I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

You earn BP over time based on the number of Pokemon in the bank.In Sun/Moon they just seem to directly add it to your in game amount thankfully. X/Y/OR/AS made you collect it manually which was a) pointless and b) a pain.

Gvitor

I am convinced Weather SOS is a hoax. I'm in mount Lanakila searching for Vanillishes for my living dex for forever now (and I need 2 of them). With Hail on, in the right area, adrenaline orb activated... and all those fuckers ever summon are more of their kind. Not even a castform...

This gotta be this game's worst mechanic, easily. Had I used that time grinding xp for my Vanillites, I'd probably have about 10 Vanilluxes by now. Stupid me.

I am convinced Weather SOS is a hoax. I'm in mount Lanakila searching for Vanillishes for my living dex for forever now (and I need 2 of them). With Hail on, in the right area, adrenaline orb activated... and all those fuckers ever summon are more of their kind. Not even a castform...

This gotta be this game's worst mechanic, easily. Had I used that time grinding xp for my Vanillites, I'd probably have about 10 Vanilluxes by now. Stupid me.
Hmm, Politoed was harder to SOS for me. You basically need a Drizzle Pelliper for that. I found a Vanillish pretty early on. Probably less than 15. But, it is definitely random.

SlickVic

Is there any restriction as to when you can use Pokemon Bank to transfer pokemon into Sun/Moon? Do you have to beat the game before it opens up? My main question is if I'm having a hard time with the Elite 4 on the first run, whether I'm allowed to bring in some higher level Pokemon from my previous games to help out (from what I understand, any Pokemon under Level 80 should obey you at that point).

Wiseblade

Is there any restriction as to when you can use Pokemon Bank to transfer pokemon into Sun/Moon? Do you have to beat the game before it opens up? My main question is if I'm having a hard time with the Elite 4 on the first run, whether I'm allowed to bring in some higher level Pokemon from my previous games to help out (from what I understand, any Pokemon under Level 80 should obey you at that point).
Given my understanding of how Bank works, you should be able to bring Pokémon in as soon as you have access to the Pokémon Storage System (PC).

Gvitor

Hmm, Politoed was harder to SOS for me. You basically need a Drizzle Pelliper for that. I found a Vanillish pretty early on. Probably less than 15. But, it is definitely random.

Politoed is just an easy King's Rock away, no way I'd SOS that. Vanillish, on the other hand, comes in the 40s and evolves only a few levels away, so it seemed like a good deal. My mistake.

Anyway, I found one. Didn't bother with the other, grinded a Vanillite alongside the Vanillish and now I have both forms.

I'm really close to completion now, but the ones that I'm missing all evolve in high levels and grinding in Alola is awful =/

SlickVic

Given my understanding of how Bank works, you should be able to bring Pokémon in as soon as you have access to the Pokémon Storage System (PC).

Thanks for the answer. I just reached Poni Island so haven't quite made it to the end yet, but just seemed cool to take on the E4 with a mix of my current and throwback Pokemon from generations past.

Koren

Where's the best place? I'm just sticking to the route below Battle Tree.
That's what I did... You can SOS-Chain the most interesting ones if you want (hariyamas and bears give decent XP, IIRC).

Don't forget to use a lucky egg...

Top Bottom