• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

LC = little cup? that just prevents you from using your other favorites, and kind of seemed like a less popular/gimmicky format. What would be wrong with making the unevolved pokemon as viable though as long as you have earned the prerequisites? I just dont think we should be forced to have them look like something else.

I was thinking like a totem version as an alternative or something would be neat. Pokemon was always about overcoming the odds with training, and the underdog appeal.

Yeah, and I agree that LC isn't a perfect answer. I fully understand the desire to use uneveolved forms. When I was a kid I NEVER evolved my Pidgeotto because I though it looked cooler than Pidgeot. Like I said, I understand your point. I just get the feeling that you are so far in the minority that GF isn't even remotely considering doing this.

Wichu

Wow, I actually won one fight in the tournament. I can't believe it.

I lost my first four games in a row, which I was expecting as I didn't build a team for this (my team is literally just the four new Poison-types in Sun/Moon (with Golisopod and Tapu Bulu filling in).

But then I won five games in a row, which I was definitely not expecting. Admittedly, one of my opponents was clearly in it just for the participation prize and forfeited immediately, and another looked like a fairly new player, but that's still three games I won against decent teams. Also the tradition of my opponents losing by using less than 100% accurate moves continues (Pheromosa missed High Jump Kick and won me the game).

In my most recent game, I took out my opponent's Garchomp at the cost of most of my team, leaving him with full-health Scizor, Arcanine, and Alolan Ninetales, and me with just Toxapex. Of course, Toxapex is an absolute boss, and tanked the shit out of everything. Poisoned Arcanine and Ninetales and burned Scizor, then just sat there with Recover until my opponent forfeited.

This is why I love Poison-types :)

shoelacer

Banned
So it's been a while since I've played, and when fired up Moon and when to the QR scanner it says I have none remaining. I googled it and discovered that it probably had to do with me changing the clock - my DS died and whenever that happens for a while the clock resets, which I had fixed before launching Moon. Anyway, it's been a few days now and I still don't have any scans remaining. I assumed it would be fixed by now, anyone have any experience with this?

So I'm fully signed up for the competition this weekend but I haven't fully picked my team out yet. I just didn't wanna lock a team in until I was sure what I wanted to run but does anyone know if there will be any problems with that?

Just had a freaking stall end game battle battle between my Gastrodon and the opponent's Vikavolt and Arcanine. Eventually his time ran out and I won the battle, but he could have done something. In the last couple of minutes, he sacked his Arcanine and kept Roosting with Vika (both were poisoned). I think he was trying to win by timer stall but forgot we had individual timers.

This all only happened because I misplayed hard earlier in the match.

So I'm fully signed up for the competition this weekend but I haven't fully picked my team out yet. I just didn't wanna lock a team in until I was sure what I wanted to run but does anyone know if there will be any problems with that?

You should be good to join in whenever until the deadline

No, there won't be. You don't have to lock in a team until before your first battle. Though due to the way Team lock works in this, you can't select a team from your active party when from Festival Plaza, you have to box them first and they won't be able to be returned to your party until the competition is over (once its over if you sign on and go to the Online Competition tab , it will remove the lock.

Saw this thread and got sad. Man wish they had introduced a good way to get to 100 rather than Elite 4 over and over. I love this game for everything except that.

I have a bunch of Ralts from breeding Syncrhonizers. There IVs are generally pretty terrible since they were bred as Synchros, but I figure some other people might be looking for Synchros

Synchros
Adamant
Brave
Mild x2
Naive x2
Bashful
Bold x2
Docile x2
Quiet
Timid
Sassy

I also have
Trace
Quriky (1 31 IV - Attack)
Careful (2 31 IVs - HP , Sp Atk)

I'm looking for Synchros (preferably Ralts) of the following natures
Gentle
Rash
Jolly
Serious

Or the following berries
Kee
Kelpsy
Liechi
Pinap
Starf
Lansat

Useful breeding Ditto would also be accepted (0 Atk and/or Speed, and various natures of 3-6 IV Dittos).

If you've got something I'm interested in but don't want the Synchro's I have a bunch of breedable HA mons, and a few rare ball pokemon (mainly Dream Balls).

Saw this thread and got sad. Man wish they had introduced a good way to get to 100 rather than Elite 4 over and over. I love this game for everything except that.

I wouldn't even mind the Elite 4 over and over , if it wasn't for the scaling formula and their relatively low levels.

Did 10 battles total today and ended up winning 6 of them, I'm genuinely surprised! Pyukumuku is carrying so much weight because my opponents seem to ignore it while on the field and it just Toxic stalls for the rest of the match.

Oh god I forgot the tourney format was doubles, and I haven't played in weeks.

What do what do...

Do what I did and roll in with a garbage team. I was just there for the Mega-stones.

Oh can anyone help me get a proper Festival Plaza setup ? I've got 2* Treasure Hunt and a 5* Rare Kitchen but looking for

5* Fortune Teller tents (to actually get FC at a reasonable speed to buy this stuff)
5* Friendship Parlour / Cafe
5* Bouncy Houses
5* Treasure Hunt (may as well try for a Gold Cap)

(I have 2 games so I can run 14 facilities in all).

WPS

I'm having great fun with the tournament despite using a team of 4 random things I thought were cool thrown together. I'm at 4/2

I came up against a really goofy strategy involving a Normal Gem Explosion from Silvally first turn, while Mimikyu uses Swords Dance, followed by Instruct Shadow Sneaks. Fortunately, Aurora Veil was enough to let Muk survive the explosion to break the disguise, and after that I had Bullet Punch Metagross to stop Mimickyu doing too much.

So then he threw out Instruct / Minimize Muk, which I managed to beat only by luck.

Regiruler

Was there no Unova champion ribbon? My Volcarona that I'm positive made it to the champion doesn't have one, yet it has a Kalos ribbon.

Well I was trying to do some Special Defense EV training, when a shiny Tentacool appears out of nowhere...at 3 encounters. I already have a shiny Tentacruel, and a good one at that, but 3 encounters? That's a new record!

Articalys

Got in, fought my three battles with a completely untrained team, won one, lost two, didn't give a damn, got out.

Looks like I have until October to pay the $5 DLC charge for the Mew Z move, so that can wait for a while.

Wow that's bad luck I guess. Isn't the chance like 1:500?
I once tried it like that too but got bored after 100 hatches.

It's 8 in 4096 (which is 1 / 512) , but because it's a small chance over many tries there's a 36.7% chance of getting no shinies at all in 512 hatches and a 13.5% chance of having no shinies at all in 1024 hatches.

Wow that's bad luck I guess. Isn't the chance like 1:500?
I once tried it like that too but got bored after 100 hatches.

I think it's 1/455. (Edit: Nope, see above.)

ANRBDXph.jpg

This isn't the longest save time I've ever had in a Pokémon game - I usually get around 200 hours. But this is absolutely the most amount of time I've spent doing any single one thing in any game I've ever played, let alone Pokémon. I finished the campaign and extra content with around 41 hours. It's been surreal to see my playtime increase like this. I've been doing it for so long that I can't stop because I need to see some sort of result for all the labor. I can't let it be a waste.

Uh oh, I got a Weedle from the Kalos region with 5 perfect IVs, with Markings, and Pokerus. Is this legit? I don't want any cheated Pokemon.

Pfft, and shinies. I'm at 283 hours and the only ones I've seen are from hackers online.

Uh oh, I got a Weedle from the Kalos region with 5 perfect IVs, with Markings, and Pokerus. Is this legit? I don't want any cheated Pokemon.

Pfft, and shinies. I'm at 283 hours and the only ones I've seen are from hackers online.

What's the missing IV ? If it's not So Atk it's probably not hacked, I doubt a hacker would bother doing 5 IVs instead of 6.

(Unless it has the Gen VII mark which is obviously illegal for a Kalos-mon).

Rafavert

It's probably legit. Likely leftovers from soemone who bred for a Beedrill.

What's the missing IV ? If it's not So Atk it's probably not hacked, I doubt a hacker would bother doing 5 IVs instead of 6.

(Unless it has the Gen VII mark which is obviously illegal for a Kalos-mon).
It has that fat looking star next to the markings. It's the Pokerus I'm suspicious about. Isn't it so rare that it's more likely to have been hacked that way?
But, its imperfect IV is Speed and the nature lowers it. Should be interesting to see how this one turns out.

It has that fat looking star next to the markings. It's the Pokerus I'm suspicious about. Isn't it so rare that it's more likely to have been hacked that way?
But, its imperfect IV is Speed and the nature lowers it. Should be interesting to see how this one turns out.
Everybody who goes on Wonder Trade for more than 1-3 sessions has Pokerus by now. It might be 1/20k chance of finding it, but give a few million people the game and eventually it's going to spread.
It's not hacked at all, just a breeding reject (albeit a "perfect" one, probably an extra) from a Gen 6 game. I've sent out similar before looking for more IDs for my lottery.

If you are concerned about the Pokerus being hacked, spread it to one other thing (so you don't lose it yet) and keep the Weedle in your party for a few nights. If the Pokerus leaves and doesn't leave the cured mark on the Weedle, it was type 1.1 and was hacked. This doesn't mean the Weedle itself is hacked, it could be that the person who bred it received hacked Pokerus themselves from someone else.

What's the breedable Pokemon most in demand on the GTS currently? Looking for something I can breed and trade for other needed Pokemon easily.
Starters usually work if nothing else does. Could also see what's doing well competitively and breed some of those.

You could also try farming some Metal Coats and attaching them to Scyther or evolving some friendship Pokemon, those are my extreme measures when I need something really bad.

Lenz44

Banned
Is it possible to get a male nidoran? I was looking on the trades available, and it wasn't an option. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah, that's not going to hacked, Beedrill is way to fast for a Trick Room team and absurdly unsuited for other low Speed roles with its terrible defense stats.

Didn't realize the battles ended at 4 PM EST so I couldn't get my 15 for today but I overall ended up positive for what I did play. 9-6, 8-7, 5-3. If I had more experience in doubles and or a Garchomp I might have done a bit better.

Yeah, that's not going to hacked, Beedrill is way to fast for a Trick Room team and absurdly unsuited for other low Speed roles with its terrible defense stats.

Okay, I get it. Still more than serviceable though. And certainly as long as it's not hacked, I'll keep it.

But I think the bigger question it raises is how are people finding these to trade for me? Are there really just that many players out there? I've offered up some breedject Pikachu and Pichu and I've gotten that Weedle, a Larvitar, and an Aron. How do people even know they're getting anything decent? Effort is worth a lot in trades, but you wouldn't know it just by randomly looking through trades, especially since a lot are scams.

Top Bottom