• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Wait. I think Hank knows the way Heisenberg dresses, doesn't he?

I don't think so. The closest he got to a physical description was when Badger got arrested, but as far as he knows, that description was only accurate to describe the guy that admitted to being Heisenberg.

Fry

I don't think so. The closest he got to a physical description was when Badger got arrested, but as far as he knows, that description was only accurate to describe the guy that admitted to being Heisenberg.

I thought he had seen the drawing.

i0GoZJWuqQIVW.jpg

Walt doesn't rock the mustache anymore, but it would be cool if he dressed like that again.

kehs

Banned
I used to do that a lot as a kid. Not so much anymore. I think I'll start doing it again when I have kids, though. I think it helped out upping my reading comprehension a lot.

Anyway, I just saw a new scene on AMC where
Walt says Skyler should be at least relieved he's not dead. Then she says she's relieved but also scared. Then Walt asks her of what and then she says of him.

Isn't that during the "I'm the one who knocks" speech?

Hank has got a killer instinct and I think he suspects something out of Walt because of the Laundromat car accident. He's already taken notice of Walt's new 'Macho Camacho' demeanor.

I'm not reading a single post in this thread (except responses to this question) because I've yet to see season 4.

I watched the first three seasons on Netflix and absolutely loved it... definitely one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

So, you can imagine my disappointment when some asshole posted a gif in a Nintendo E3 thread containing a huge spoiler from season 4.

There were some photoshops in the gif, but it looked like Tio was in the same room with Gus, clicked his bell several times, and blew up the building they were in.

Now I am worried there will be NO sense of tension for me the entire season. Gus gets killed, and I'm sure the whole season builds up to that moment

I was beyond excited to see season 4, and now my hype is just deflated. Someone please make me feel better. Will there still be plenty of "Oh my god holy shit" moments? Will I still feel like the characters are in legitimate danger despite knowing what happens?

Sigh

kehs

Banned
I'm not reading a single post in this thread (except responses to this question) because I've yet to see season 4.

I watched the first three seasons on Netflix and absolutely loved it... definitely one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

So, you can imagine my disappointment when some asshole posted a gif in a Nintendo E3 thread containing a huge spoiler from season 4.

There were some photoshops in the gif, but it looked like Tio was in the same room with Gus, clicked his bell several times, and blew up the building they were in.

Now I am worried there will be NO sense of tension for me the entire season. Gus gets killed, and I'm sure the whole season builds up to that moment

I was beyond excited to see season 4, and now my hype is just deflated. Someone please make me feel better. Will there still be plenty of "Oh my god holy shit" moments? Will I still feel like the characters are in legitimate danger despite knowing what happens?

Sigh

The single moment means nothing without the buildup. It's not even the critical end point of the season either.

Power through!

Sigh

That really sucks but come on, how else could it have ended up? I certainly never thought the season would end any other way.

Everybody there went home in relief.

Sigh

Plenty of meat left, dude. Real good stuff. Lots of things left to watch unfold.

Mistle

Sigh
Shame that happened but man, there's still so much more awesome stuff. Hell, it's not even the best moment of the season imo.

Sigh
it's one of those climaxes that was basically inevitable, the build up is the whole story. And believe me, you don't know everything...

Vlad

I thought he had seen the drawing.

i0GoZJWuqQIVW.jpg

Walt doesn't rock the mustache anymore, but it would be cool if he dressed like that again.

Isn't that the sketch that Tuco's cousins left at the shrine in the very beginning of S3? I don't recall that ever coming up again, since they never brought that particular shrine back up again after that episode.

Oh and that moment was so goddamn cartoonish and ridiculous that you should be glad you're ready for it ahead of time.

What kind of man thinks this?

No man.

No man at all.

There's no way Hank wouldn't suspect of Walt after this conversation. Look at their facial expressions.

Yeah word.

Let's maybe list the clues Hank has got to suspect Walt as his Heisenberg, and remember that every single clue that comes to Hank gets put through a real rigorous thought process.

List of what Hank knows about:

- Walt is a Chemistry teacher (not sure if he's aware of Walt's over-qualification, though)
- Gas Mask from high school
- Blue stuff started appearing relative to the time of discovering Walt's cancer
- ''W.W.''
- Badger refers to Heisenberg as old and bald
- Walt's disappearance
- Walt's association with Jesse Pinkman (Walt gets his weed from him)
- Laundromat accident
- Suddenly buys Jr. a brand new sports car

Fry

Isn't that the sketch that Tuco's cousins left at the shrine in the very beginning of S3? I don't recall that ever coming up again, since they never brought that particular shrine back up again after that episode.

Yes it is, I thought it ended up in Hanks's hands as evidence of some sort, but I really don't remember.

Gus death was awesome, at first view I thought it was jumping the shark, but now I think it's a memorable moment on the show; you have to learn to appreciate it.

Gus' death was somewhat spoiled for me too, because of stupid youtube thumbnails. I knew it was someone with half a face, and could kinda guess it was Gus.

There's so much better stuff in the season finale though that it didn't really bother me, Gus dying was inevitable.

Fry

Many people, from this thread included, spoiled themselves about his death... but no one actually believed it was a real leaked picture.

Akia

HBO Orders Charles Randolph Cold War Spy Drama Pilot; Aaron Paul In Talks To Star

EXCLUSIVE: HBO has given a pilot order to Cold War spy drama The Missionary. Emmy-winning Breaking Bad co-star Aaron Paul is in talks for the lead in the project, from film/TV writer Charles Randolph (The Interpreter) and producer Stephen Levinson as well as best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell and frequent Levinson collaborator Mark Wahlberg.

Set in Berlin in the late 1960s, The Missionary, written by Randolph, centers on a young American missionary (Paul) who becomes involved with the CIA. Randolph and New Yorker writer Gladwell, who are friends, had been working on an idea for a spy project when they met with Levinson and Wahlberg, who also had been looking to do a spy drama. The four joined forces and last fall took the project to HBO, where Levinson and Wahlberg have produced four series: Boardwalk Empire, Entourage, In Treatment and How To Make It In America. Randolph, Levinson, Gladwell and Wahlberg executive produce The Missionary, which HBO is producing in association with Levinson’s Leverage and Wahlberg’s Closest to the Hole Prods. The Missionary is the second Cold War-era cable spy drama pilot ordered this year, along with FX’s The Americans, about undercover KGB spies in the U.S. played by Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys. At HBO, it joins another period drama, Prohibition mob series Boardwalk Empire, also executive produced by Levinson and Wahlberg.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/hbo...-spy-drama-pilot-aaron-paul-in-talks-to-star/

mileS

again

UPDATE: HTF member TravisR has found a workaround to the subtitles problem. After the disc finishes loading and the main menu appears, click on Subtitles and engage the English subtitles. Then turn the English subtitles off (it is not necessary to leave the subtitles menu and come back - just engage the subtitles and you can immediately turn them off). Then play the disc and the English subtitles will appear whenever the dialogue is in Spanish. It is not necessary to do this for each episode. I tried the fix and then watched the Spanish-language scene in of Episode 7, "Problem Dog," and it worked flawlessly. Then I played episode 8, "Hermanos," jumped ahead to the Spanish scene and the English subtitles engaged automatically.

did anyone try this?

Oh and that moment was so goddamn cartoonish and ridiculous that you should be glad you're ready for it ahead of time.

And two planes colliding in middair because of the air traffic controller isn't? Come on BB does this kind of stuff while not regularly but often enough that it's part of the show. See also Ted's farcical death. The Brothers. The head on a tortoise. Sometimes they go for something grand and theatrical.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Aaron Paul said:
The final season of Breaking Bad will in fact be a BLOOD bath.
I'm beginning to think that he's eventually just going to straight-up spoil something, ha.

Fry

I'm beginning to think that he's eventually just going to straight-up spoil something, ha.

Colin Hanks ‏@Colin_Hanks

@aaronpaul_8 why you gotta tease us like that brother?

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8

@Colin_Hanks I do it out of LOVE brother! Just you wait.

Hahaha.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I finally finished season 4 today. That was amazing. Plain and simple. Gus Fring was possibly one of the greatest villains that I have seen on TV in a while. I also love the fact that season 5's villain is likely Walt himself.

As far as Gus' death, I actually liked it. It may not have been the most realistic thing, but I felt the "tie fixing" fit his character so much. He goes out like he's always been.

I finally finished season 4 today. That was amazing. Plain and simple. Gus Fring was possibly one of the greatest villains that I have seen on TV in a while. I also love the fact that season 5's villain is likely Walt himself.

As far as Gus' death, I actually liked it. It may not have been the most realistic thing, but I felt the "tie fixing" fit his character so much. He goes out like he's always been.
that's what vince gilligan said he was going for. Gus had this super natural attitude, and the way he suspected something, and the way he carries himself, the tie fixing and walk out was totally in character.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
that's what vince gilligan said he was going for. Gus had this super natural attitude, and the way he suspected something, and the way he carries himself, the tie fixing and walk out was totally in character.

Yeah, if he was going to die, I think that that's the way to do it. Gus was too powerful to really take on and he was too careful in most circumstances. The only place where his hatred took over was with the man who killed his business partner and best friend (I assume). This was the perfect opportunity to take him out.

I do have to wonder though, I'm still not quite sure whether or not poisoning Gus' food through Jesse would have worked or not. I would like to think that it wouldn't have, but it is clear that Gus never took the poison from Jesse so either Gus knew about the poison but assumed that Jesse wouldn't use it (there were times where it seemed as if Gus would say something that would make Jesse reconsider) or if Gus just didn't know leaving him vulnerable.

Anyone else think that Walt will get so evil over the course of the last season that he will simply tell Jesse what he did to Jane out of spite? They always have their disagreements but with Walt completely breaking bad I fear for Jesse.

Anyone else think that Walt will get so evil over the course of the last season that he will simply tell Jesse what he did to Jane out of spite? They always have their disagreements but with Walt completely breaking bad I fear for Jesse.

IMO, This series ends with it all unraveling, the lies about why Walt quit his school job, what he did to Jane, and subsequently that will be revealed to be the whole reason behind the 737's crashing, poisoning the little boy with the white flowers, etc. And when Jr. Find out, oh man. XD

I expect the series to end with Walt's cancer finally finishing him off, right after everything unravels. It sounds to me like it would be the perfect ending.

If Vince Gilligan and the writers can muster up something more surprising and satisfying then that, then my hats go off to them.

Can I jump to the defence of those who believe the Gus moment was completely incongruous with the rest of the show? For some people, the plane crash was a problem; for others, the Terminator twins; for me, it was Gus' tie-adjust-then-die moment. I thought the explosion itself was cool, I'd even have liked them to have done the half-face moment, but if he instead stumbled out rather than cooly walking out and adjusting his tie. Yes, shock might be able to do that to a person, but it still seemed cartoonish.

And - for the record - I fucking love Fly, let's start another argument about that :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I personally will think it the greatest show ever if Jesse kills Walt and finds some kind of personal redemption, makes some kind of massive score and gets the hell out. I want Jesse to 'win' breaking bad.

Are they done with the cancer thing? Wouldn't really like a relapse situation killing walt. Think it was good to get him motivated to start and I like that he's 'well' now and can never go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom