• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie just namedropped at Nvidia conference. Destiny port potential rising

Nonentity

my campaign of posting snarky PC-related comments on all their Facebook and Twitter posts has paid off, I see

excellent

Grief.exe

Why no Steam?

2QZt59n.png

Nonentity

I already have a beta code plugged in from preordering it on PS4, hopefully they'll peel back the curtain on the PC version soon so I can roll that preorder back and get it on the right platform

I dunno, but I just don't want it to. It feels like it should be a console game and nothing more. It just feels that way to me.

Plus, if it does go to PC, the games for the consoles will feel completely inferior due to the things PC people will be able to do like modding *cough* Skyrim *cough cough*. I just don't want it to be 'that' type of game.

I know you're joking but considering it's pretty much an MMO Borderlands, I don't think modding would even be in the cards anyway.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Eidos logo? interesting

so far SE studios work with AMD tech usually (AMD Gaming Evolved brand,TR tressex and all that jazz), look like Nvidia getting more developers to use their tech in PC games.

Grief.exe

I know you're joking but considering it's pretty much an MMO Borderlands, I don't think modding would even be in the cards anyway.

Bungie has been very careful not to use the term MMO.

Probably due to the limited scope of the game, fire teams are kept small as well as larger scale battles.

I will say that the gameplay in Borderlands is incredibly boring, we all now Bungie is capable of crafting some compelling gameplay.

Bungie has been very careful not to use the term MMO.

Probably due to the limited scope of the game, fire teams are kept small as well as larger scale battles.

I will say that the gameplay in Borderlands is incredibly boring, we all now Bungie is capable of crafting some compelling gameplay.
Yeah, it's not an MMO, sorry about that, but the online component seems important enough that I can see them going out of their way to prevent modding. And no, the Borderlands comparison wasn't a judgement on the quality of either game.

Grief.exe

Yeah, it's not an MMO, sorry about that, but the online component seems important enough that I can see them going out of their way to prevent modding. And no, the Borderlands comparison wasn't a judgement on the quality of either game.

I also forgot to say that was a joke post. Gst did not actually post that, just copy-pasted from a thread courtesy of the Bungie forums.

Orignal Halo Trilogy port probably more likely. Its been swirling around the intwebs for more than a few months now, and with this much smoke, there's bound to be fire.

I see no reason why Destiny can't come to PC. Do it Bungie.

I just assumed this was coming to PC. Not only that, but since published by Activision, it won't be marred with uplay/origin and will probably be a steamworks game too. Heck, I'd love full controller support so when I'm really lazy I could play it on my couch for some Halo 1 like experience, only I would lose the entire time cause everyone else is using mice.

Grief.exe

I just assumed this was coming to PC. Not only that, but since published by Activision, it won't be marred with uplay/origin and will probably be a steamworks game too. Heck, I'd love full controller support so when I'm really lazy I could play it on my couch for some Halo 1 like experience, only I would lose the entire time cause everyone else is using mice.

Steamworks
Available on PC
No forced Uplay integration
Full controller support

This post hit all of the key points.

Top Bottom