• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

FyreWulff

Having it be seasons based is what I've been wanting. The changes look good, so far.

also they're finally addressing cal pathing after 10 years. It'll be better for the game and Rivals, though.

Haribokart

Banned
I have just this weekend given up on Rivals because I am sick of the grind and have gone back to quickplay for my jollies, now to get all of the gear in the game I am gonna need to recreate a crew and grind away for an undetermined amount of time?

Lame.

I have just this weekend given up on Rivals because I am sick of the grind and have gone back to quickplay for my jollies, now to get all of the gear in the game I am gonna need to recreate a crew and grind away for an undetermined amount of time?

Lame.

Are you Xbox or PS? We're currently recruiting active players.

As long as you're active and are willing to contribute at least 10 plays a week you're in.

For sure, that should be no problem. I probably average around 25-30 songs a week or so. GT is X Ray Monster. I don't play every day, but when I do play it's usually for a few hours so I get a good number of songs in.

For sure, that should be no problem. I probably average around 25-30 songs a week or so. GT is X Ray Monster. I don't play every day, but when I do play it's usually for a few hours so I get a good number of songs in.

Room for one more? GAF A-Sides has been dead for a long time.

I'll send you invites later today. There's only 2 spots open.
You both will have to leave your current crew for me to send an invite.

For anyone else still looking for a Xbox crew, I believe Pete Clarf is looking for new people for his crew.

komarkaze

For anyone else still looking for a Xbox crew, I believe Pete Clarf is looking for new people for his crew.

Thanks! I just left my crew. GT is komakaze

FyreWulff

Also a good time to remind people there's a RockGAF discord:

https://discord.gg/tKnGr

Come talk about Harmonix and Rock Band and coordinate games together regardless of crews or platform (since you can't talk to more than 9 other people via the RB app) and general music-game-ish chat without worrying about spamming the main thread

Awesome, thanks! I'll be home in about 2 hours from work so I'll let you know then when I leave my crew.

I should be all set. Send an invite whenever you can.

komarkaze

Hey, I just said the crew I'm in isn't active enough for these shenanigans and now you're leaving us, too :(

I'm probably the last one still trying to do crew stuff in A Sides, oh well

Whoops sorry, I didn't remember what your gamer tag was. There was maybe 3 of us active at the most in recent months.

MrNelson

Banned
Looks to be some welcome changes. I wonder if they're going to stick to the 3 spotlight songs or expand it out since the challenges will be running much longer now.

Hopefully I can get back into my own place soon so I can play again. All my RB gear has been packed away for the last month and a half because I took a new job back home and have been living with my parents in the interim :/

FyreWulff

Looks to be some welcome changes. I wonder if they're going to stick to the 3 spotlight songs or expand it out since the challenges will be running much longer now.

Hopefully I can get back into my own place soon so I can play again. All my RB gear has been packed away for the last month and a half because I took a new job back home and have been living with my parents in the interim :/

i think it's still week long challenges, just maybe themed together for each season. six tiers, 8 weeks, so if your crew promotes straight up you essentially have 3 chances for Bloodstone.

We are probably going to be looking for crew members on Wednesday. I'm going to remove anyone who hasn't played this week's challenge on Wednesday morning and, right now, we've had five participants.

Crew Name: MIlk Breath
Platform: XBox One
Details: We are currently in the Platinum Tier. We've been in Diamond before and actually stayed there for three weeks in a row at our peak. We've been in Platinum for a while except for last week where we were demoted to Gold. We moved back up though. I think we were a top 100 crew when people were actually playing. Our only requirement is that you play at least once a week. That's it. We would prefer a drummer, probably. We have a good drummer, but they haven't played in weeks and probably won't be in the crew after this week. Would also like someone who's willing to buy DLC every so often. Seems like there's only two or three of us that buy any, so that limits who can contribute Spotlight scores.

Let me know if interested! Can message me here or on XBL (pete clarf) or just search for the crew name and send a request!

C-Q3JIsXoAAS7bW.jpg

Heaven Knows for me.

pacman85

Now that we have all of our April DLC known and announced, here are the songs that are left from RBVR that are still (hopefully) coming to RB4 (the ones I want to see in bold):

(You're) Breaking Up - The Black Cheers
Ain't It Fun - Paramore
Alive - The Temper Trap
Birds - Coldplay
Black Seas - Arctic Horror
Bored to Death - Blink-182
Casual Party - Band of Horses
Church Bells - Carrie Underwood
Circles - Pierce The Veil
Cirice - Ghost
Float - Switchfoot
Free Will (Vault Edition) - Rush
Gold On The Ceiling - The Black Keys
Grand Canyon - The Wind And The Wave
I Am Alive - Twin Atlantic
Lights Out - AudioDamn!
Maps - Maroon 5
Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham
Postpone - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Pull Me Under - Dream Theater
Quitter - The Starting Line
Rebel Heart - The Shelters
Running With Wild Things - Against The Current
Sweater Weather - Parks
True Confessions - Blondfire
To My Romeo - Spirit Kid
You & Me - The Hunna

That is 27 songs and if they just stick to releasing 1 of these per week (+ a Rewind song) that will make RB DLC last another 7 months roughly. That puts us around December 2017.

Looks like the Wired Adapter sold out already. Hope anyone who wanted one here was able to snag one. There is a message on the page now that says "Restocking in May 2017 Limited Supply Only". So at least there will be another run of them soon.

Audible gasp! The Depeche Mode Pack 01 debacle for SIEA has finally been resolved. Looks like it was fixed around a week and a half ago, but I didn't realize it until just now.

(For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, the entitlements were broken for anyone who bought the Depeche Mode pack back in the PS3 era.)

1486241630_1.png

FyreWulff

So, sort no goal to this post, but i got my cap rig back recently, and my RB1/2/etc discs. Which i had for a project. anyway. ran down memory lane with old 2008 saves and stuff.

rock band 1's career menu basically stops working once you have a lot of DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKq_P04az64

RB1's graphics don't really hold up in gameplay, though. The only advantage it has is the one venue with laser lights and the music-ish video filter is neat, but the animations are quite janky. RB1 just feels like a really polished tech demo going back to it all these years later, but it still has it's moments:

(sorry, haven't re-set up VLC, so.. seekbar on my own capture)

L3I7Fb2.jpg

RB1's motd:

.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8AAqVaz4G4IEjUoJrdnDZv--znG-5umXWc2u2mQF2A5J3Dcryj2WbAtzuXJsh9jEN0TVmPY7VxVAcjTg5DwShWkJuMA4zAGdHxEdzYj-raeelT_VtlrM7w8HMyLb.KjZMVxf3BmRE1nuxlb4BrGVhoXQ

RB2's motd/main menu

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cACKRVfxNgQJmmlLaM0-lt19733dMy63ucOs6wawn1pk7F5NRm7VN5F21dxP9UVuyGa5HHdlU0CaKOA8LUiU5jXhCjG8UsSEhBhDpLQgPPxm-bDv3NzvDwgCIuM.i2qjy0nzf3OmaCky1cILqqiGEDw

RB2's forever final battle

.eJwFwdsNhCAQAMBeKIBdHvKwG4IEjcoSWOPH5Xp35ieecYlV7Mx9rgDbMTONTU6mkWqRlaheJfVjykw3JOaU97s0nqC98qitWrT30YaoAxh00VgXlAkOIy7o4Wlno7fJ3qr4fwh1Iuc.pO-9i5FBBpv4cOyugSZHKDvekII

All the way to RB3

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cABaGIj1NgQJmikltGYfy-6-977mmZfZzKE6ZAPYTyk8dyvKM7dqG3O7ah6n2MI3ZNVcjrt2FfDJJfTBRZ8ShZX8Ci9cKGCMhA4pRr8EePq786fb0Zv5_QEH5SLi.W0HbhMh1WcjcKg47qO6dsp109EA

RB2 definitely still has some great character to it, including animations. RB3 still has the superior UI for navigation and usage and tracking, etc.

also just a heads up, if you want me to snap a shot or short video of a particular part of RB1 or 2 within reason, I can do that for you.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Play Epic by Faith No More in RB2 plz. That song always had some amazing animations in that game, with the song ending in fog and your band just standing there during the piano part. It was so good. Or play Everlong to showoff the awesome music videos RB2 used to have.

Everything about RB2 was so good, man. Animations, character creation, UI...It was so great. RB3 wins hands down for the shell overlay, but it was a such a downgrade in art style and band animation. It sucks that the same things that annoyed me in 3 (art style/animation) carried over to 4. RB2 won't ever be topped for that IMO.

I really hate that the singer was downgraded to always be glued by the mic stand. Such a horrible decision IMO.

FyreWulff

Play Epic by Faith No More in RB2 plz. That song always had some amazing animations in that game, with the song ending in fog and your band just standing there during the piano part. It was so good. Or play Everlong to showoff the awesome music videos RB2 used to have.

Everything about RB2 was so good, man. Animations, character creation, UI...It was so great. RB3 wins hands down for the shell overlay, but it was a such a downgrade in art style and band animation. It sucks that the same things that annoyed me in 3 (art style/animation) carried over to 4. RB2 won't ever be topped for that IMO.

I really hate that the singer was downgraded to always be glued by the mic stand. Such a horrible decision IMO.

Sure!

Epic

and

Everlong

Nrfk7ww.png

RUKXAIb.png

6qNBL3K.png

xW9bPK0.png

j5aksCH.png

uOTDO2k.png

Top Bottom