• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

heringer

Twilight Princess, Dolphin.

f6pc.png

g6pc.png

h6pc.png

i6pc.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I look forward to the Demon's Souls specific DSFix like tool that elevates the game to master of all eternity status.

Marcelus

Metroid Prime/GC/Dolphin Ishiiruka

4K@1080p,FXAA,4xAF, Widescreen hack, Widescreen HUD, HD HUD, some HD textures. Stable 60 FPS

gm8e01-2kkxde.jpg

gm8e01-5yvb2o.jpg

gm8e01-6h6x2f.jpg

Oh my word. Those Metroid Prime screens look amazing. I want to get a super powerful mini PC and hook it up to my soon to arrive 4K OLED just to play this.

4K@1080p,FXAA,4xAF, Widescreen hack, Widescreen HUD, HD HUD, some HD textures. Stable 60 FPS

[Metroid Prime Sexy Images]

Is there a tutorial that you followed to get MP running just fine with all of those modifications? Because I tried about a year back and was having a large amount of stuttering and crashing issues (that had nothing to do with hardware). I've since clean installed dolphin, and haven't found a good guide myself. Could you point me in the right direction?

The_Spaniard

Netmarble

[IMG https://abload.de/img/gm8e01-2kkxde.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG https://abload.de/img/gm8e01-5yvb2o.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG https://abload.de/img/gm8e01-6h6x2f.jpg [/IMG]
I own the Prime Trilogy, but I've always wanted to replay them on PC with my Vive. I know I've seen some people messing around with it, but how far off is perfect emulation and modded support for that?

I own the Prime Trilogy, but I've always wanted to replay them on PC with my Vive. I know I've seen some people messing around with it, but how far off is perfect emulation and modded support for that?
I can't speak for VR personally, but emulation on the Trilogy isn't perfect normally so VR won't be any better. They're playable for sure, but they're still plagued with issues.

Talley Rand

Neo Member
Didn't this game have some issues on PCSX2 where it displayed some black lines on the screen at all times? Good to see it seems to be running properly now.

Devs have introduced a new HW hack called 'merge sprite' in the latest builds which gets rid them. Well, mostly, as the black lines do appear in certain open areas at the late stages of the game. So it's not perfect atm, but still very playable.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It's still there.

Is the reshade handtweaked for the screenshot?

Knowing how it looks by default:

cemu_2017_04_02_11_01_03_89_by_aloooo81-db4f43q.jpg

Those settings must do some crazy things to colors that are more naturally lit?

Edit: Some quick curves work in photoshop lets me do this to the above,

are you basically doing something like that?

Nerrel

I like this a lot, but I want to say that Link in Majora's Mask actually does NOT have the Hylian Shield, but the hero's shield, which looks different. I don't know if you should use a hylian shield design for it (even if it looks pretty nice, good job on that). Itd be cool to see what you could do for the Hero's Shield design.

It felt good to finally get this out of the way:
project642016-12-15066xskh.jpg

project642017-06-2214z5u48.png

project642017-06-28209yx3h.png

(Majora's Mask in P64+GlideN64 with custom textures and reshade)

lazygecko

Been experimenting this week with combining RetroArch shaders with ReShade on top. For Genesis I use the mdapt shader first which is an excellent de-dithering algorithm that blends checkerboard + vertical patterns creating the intended shades and true transparency, without the need for heavy obfuscation by simulating bad video output like you are normally expected to do for the intended effect. Then I have CRT Lottes on top of that. Finally I'm trying out all sorts of things in ReShade on top of all that like some contrast/color correction, an ever so slight amount of bloom (it's kind of cool how it makes the edges of the screen glow almost as if it was a TV in a dark room), and even a slight bit of CA. I know that CA is normally regarded as an awful effect, but that's mainly for HD games where it blurs up the definition of everything, whereas here the effect is applied on visuals that are already heavily scaled. I guess the crux is that the CA also gets applied to the scanlines since it is after RetroArch's CRT in the effects chain. Not really sure how I feel about it yet.

Shinobi 3

Gunstar Heroes

Generations Lost

Comix Zone

Top Bottom