• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, what is the reaction at Sony Corp. today?

Jomjom

Banned
Probably regret that they didnt target a broader market and fear that the ps4 might be the last console they release.

ku-xlarge.gif

lol

IMO Sony needs to take what happened at the Xbox One event and run with it.

IMO Sony needs to "Double down" on its commitment to allow used games and promise that all games released on its system will be allowed to be played used.

0xCA2

Fear.

Not a clue, and despite the negative reaction here on GAF: The XBONE is probably STILL going to sell like crazy despite all our complaints. Some folks may think it's a joke but Sony is going to have to seriously consider how they're going to compete.
Probably regret that they didnt target a broader market and fear that the ps4 might be the last console they release.

Knoxcore

I'm sure they had absolutely no idea about the specs of the new Xbox, and I'm sure they are delighted that Call of Duty and Fifa have DLC arrangements with Microsoft, because nobody buys those anyway.

The timed exclusivity DLC for CoD doesn't bother me. Both the PS3 and XBox 360 iteration of the game sells 10 million+ units.

The exclusive content for FIFA is interesting. FIFA sells more on the PS3 than on the 360. If the entertainment/media focus of the X1 alienates Europeans, the exclusivity deal won't change that.

Not a clue, and despite the negative reaction here on GAF: The XBONE is probably STILL going to sell like crazy despite all our complaints. Some folks may think it's a joke but Sony is going to have to seriously consider how they're going to compete.

I'm not convinced this thing has the power to move non-gamers like the original Kinect or the Wii did, especially considering that all these cool features are also locked behind a paywall.

If the gamers response says anything, it's not looking too hot.

Beepos

GameFAQs? ... Why are so many bad, juvenile threads being made. A (Bad) console announcement isn't a reason!

FroJay

Banned
I just hope Sony isn't dumb enough to charge fees for playing used games. If they don't follow MS down that path, all they have to do is continue to offer some entertainment and a good online experience with great games. Then it will be game, set, and match Sony.

I was talking on gchat with a friend at sony who was watching it with his coworkers. Ecstatic doesn't even begin to explain their reaction.

In fact he keeps linking me to gifs from here that he says has the office rolling.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm not convinced this thing has the power to move non-gamers like the original Kinect or the Wii did, especially considering that all these cool features are also locked behind a paywall.

If the gamers response says anything, it's not looking too hot.

The paywall is probably going to turn a lot of people away, but the rest of it, the TV stuff especially may not. I can't call it one way or the other, because I'm not Cleo, but I can't write the XBONE off as something that is going to fail either.

My interests as far as game consoles go are not completely aligned with the market they're going after. Too many times have I thought "Yeah that'll bomb" just to see stuff do pretty well.
GameFAQs? ... Why are so many bad, juvenile threads being made. A (Bad) console announcement isn't a reason!
Because it's fun. Completely serious. It is!

I just hope Sony isn't dumb enough to charge fees for playing used games. If they don't follow MS down that path, all they have to do is continue to offer some entertainment and a good online experience with great games. Then it will be game, set, and match Sony.

While I agree that allowing the use of used games is a very beneficial move for Sony, I don't think it wins the console war all by itself.

There are a lot of gullible and obtuse people out there who will just blindly accept Microsoft screwing them over.

You're going to have to post this more often if you want it to matter or help keep the threads down. We are just getting started and there will be quite a few of them.

Top Bottom