• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The connection has been made in the past....

Not only that, but here's a reddit thread from 5 months ago going into a bit more depth into where the hospital might be located, mentioning Limassol as the city nearby a military base.

YFUcESR.png

Rapstah

According to the TedX profile, he has worked in restoring consciousness to vegetative patients, and central pain syndrome is sometimes caused by amputations.

Is everything connected in this way if you start looking into shit? This seems weird.

Soulflarz

Banned
Okay my thoughts so far
Omg this is weird, ill post about it though->this is a coincidence->wait what the fuck this is lining up?

According to the TedX profile, he has worked in restoring consciousness to vegetative patients, and central pain syndrome is sometimes caused by amputations.

Is everything connected in this way if you start looking into shit? This seems weird.

You mean like how Big Boss was in a vegetative state in MGS1/2 only to have his consciousness restored in MGS4?

uhhhhhhhh

It's a V with one part moved over

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOLY SHIT

Woffls

Oh shit this is actually interesting. Uhh, wow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the overall theme for Phantom Pain is something about replacing legends.

MadOnion

Neo Member
This Russian disabled guy Valery Spiridonov seems legit (though he is a CG-artist and was born in Chelyabinsk, cough cough).
His social network profile (vk.com) where he posts since 2009. Also Facebook profile. And there is already a ton of news reports by Russian TV with him and Dr. Canavero (English: RT, Russian: NTV, KP, ...)

This head transplantation news is totally sci-fi and might work as a genius MGS viral marketing but it would be too cruel to involve this real life ill guy to promote some vidyagame.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I mean shit, I brought that the company wasnt real up in a "har har har guys its totally kojima fooling with us"
Then i looked deeper. Now...I have no clue what is real ;_;
There's no such thing in the world as absolute reality. Most of what they call real is actually fiction. What you think you see is only as real as your brain tells you it is. We can tell other people about -- having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future. The Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group are a kind of ongoing fiction too, come to think of it...

Listen, don't obsess over words so much. Find the meaning behind the words, then decide. You can find your own name. And your own future...

Welp, guess posting in this thread can be grounds for a tag.

Ouch.

There's no such thing in the world as absolute reality. Most of what they call real is actually fiction. What you think you see is only as real as your brain tells you it is. We can tell other people about -- having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future. The Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group are a kind of ongoing fiction too, come to think of it...

Listen, don't obsess over words so much. Find the meaning behind the words, then decide. You can find your own name. And your own future...

You know what, my tag seems a little misplaced.
smirky1.jpg

DevilFox

Is this real life or is this just fantasy?

It's a MGS thread.

Doctor in MGSV is likely based on Doctor Madnar from Metal Gear: http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Drago_Pettrovich_Madnar

Indeed. And they showed him even before this project was announced to the world.
But I've no doubt that someone could think this is all marketing and Dr. Sergio Canavero and the press of the world have been manipulated by the Patriots.
BECAUSE IT'S TRUE
Kojima, baby!

Soulflarz

Banned
Welp, guess posting in this thread can be grounds for a tag.

Ouch.
It's funny because I didn't believe in my own theory :V

*back away slowly*

Rapstah

"TED Limassol" is an anagram of "Solid metals".

I had to remove the X to make it mean anything, or this post would have been "TEDx Limassol is an anagram of Solid Malt Sex".

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
You guys made me go from "wtf is everyone in here stupid" to "wait a minute, could it actually be..?"

Gaf, damnit. This is insane, all of it.

CookTrain

It's a MGS thread.

Indeed. And they showed him even before this project was announced to the world.
But I've no doubt that someone could think this is all marketing and Dr. Sergio Canavero and the press of the world have been manipulated by the Patriots. Kojima, baby.

Manipulated by the what? La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo sounds like a kids programme!

This is Canavero's head transplant paper, submitted in 2013. However, I can't find a site for his group "Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group"; perhaps it is in Italian and mine is too rusty to translate. I also can't find any personal site or social media for Mr. Canavero. Is this guy even a legit surgeon?

Soulflarz

Banned
This is Canavero's head transplant paper, submitted in 2013. However, I can't find a site for his group "Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group"; perhaps it is in Italian and mine is too rusty to translate. I also can't find any personal site or social media for Mr. Canavero. Is this guy even a legit surgeon?

Go back a few pages, we've dug up everything we can on him. Which is to say, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom