• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

GavinGT

Banned
The Gears of War 3 internal beta was leaked many months in advance, and the full game was leaked about a month ahead of release. That was the last huge Microsoft leak.

chiablo

Could someone shop this with Cortana saying Leaked?!!

Like this?

wHivd.png

Lakitu

st5fu
I can't tell. But obviously if it is real, the manual has been removed and the 2nd disc removed from the holder. I have my doubts though.

Rhindle

So there is a copy of the game that exists somewhere (maybe). I don't see how that means the game has been "leaked."

Yeah, Im still going with fake. Between the little details that Wario pointed out and the fact that the video shows nothing new and has not shown us anything that can't be faked I just don't buy it. As others have said, that video is probably a demo build from a press event or something that the guys managed to get or something.

Hawk269

Well wasnt there an unboxing of the Halo 4 system that comes with Halo 4 posted a few days ago??? Or was the unboxing just a press thing and they did not include the game?

Halo 2, 3 and Reach were all leaked a month before release. Looks like they are keeping tradition(I don't remember if ODST was or not though).

EvB

They better not be handing out retail copies to reviewer then putting a NOT FOR RESALE manual-less version in the LE console

They better not be handing out retail copies to reviewer then putting a NOT FOR RESALE manual-less version in the LE console

They aren't. 343 just had a huge 2 day press event where they had the reviewers come in and play the game. Im not sure if they will get copies down the road closer to release, but as of now it seems reviewers did not get physical copies to avoid these leaks.

aegies

They aren't. 343 just had a huge 2 day press event where they had the reviewers come in and play the game. Im not sure if they will get copies down the road closer to release, but as of now it seems reviewers did not get physical copies to avoid these leaks.

We are slated to get copies quite a bit before release in addition to the review event that happened earlier this week. There are also events in LA and New York, I believe. The embargo is also supposed to be pretty early for a big game.

We are slated to get copies quite a bit before release in addition to the review event that happened earlier this week. There are also events in LA and New York, I believe. The embargo is also supposed to be pretty early for a big game.

Cool.. Review events are great to get the game some playtime early, but its good to hear you guys will have plenty of time with the game. Sounds like MS & 343 are pretty confident about the game! I know you may not be able to talk about this yet, but how spoiler free will the reviews be.. I know its a ways off, but I just want to be careful.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wonder when the review embargo is. Halo 3 was launch day :( halo 2 was like 2 days before launch.

I like my reading material!

EvB

The Traditional Halo brainwashing sessions where they them how awesome it is, let them get drunk then lock them in a hotel room with the game for 24 hours with all the food and drink they need?

10/10!

MrDaravon

The Traditional Halo brainwashing sessions where they them how awesome it is, let them get drunk then lock them in a hotel room with the game for 24 hours with all the food and drink they need?

10/10!

To be fair other publishers do this as well. Also this is done at least in part to try to avoid leaks, but that doesn't seem to have done much here. When a game goes gold this far ahead of it's release dates because they need to print millions of copies, ball's always going to get dropped somewhere.

Max@GC

looks like thats probably from the review event judging by the german text description and setting

dat offscreen...looks good

hmm looks like as if the first level of halo 4 is like the first level (pillar of autumn) in halo 1...everything is collapsing around you cuz of that forerunner portal or whatever and you need to escape in some sort of capsule

aegies

10/10!

There was no alcohol and it wasn't overnight. It was in an event space. There was food, though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
We received Forza Horizon earlier this week so I imagine copies for Halo 4 are dispatching soon for review. I remember Halo Reach and Gears 3 arrived a good 2 weeks before release.

Do NTSC users receive the promo "white/black" discs? I spoke with a collegue in the past in the US who said he has never received one just final retail packages which led me to think promo's (yellow bands) are Europe/UK only.

aegies

We received Forza Horizon earlier this week so I imagine copies for Halo 4 are dispatching soon for review. I remember Halo Reach and Gears 3 arrived a good 2 weeks before release.

Do NTSC users receive the promo "white/black" discs? I spoke with a collegue in the past in the US who said he has never received one just final retail packages which led me to think promo's (yellow bands) are Europe/UK only.

We get "green discs" sometimes, which are not actually green. They're labeled microsoft confidential.

Top Bottom