• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best DLC of all time??

CloudWolf

It's hard to beat the DLC for New Vegas IMO. Seperately they were great, but each DLC expansion also serves as a chapter in an overarching story relating to the Courier and his "rival" which ties into the story in the main game in multiple ways. I've never seen another game trying what Obsidian did with the DLC for New Vegas.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone is also a pretty strong contender. I don't get why so many people are saying Blood & Wine, Hearts of Stone is way better IMO.

Hearts of Stone or Mario Kart 8.

WipEout Fury was cool, too.

Can't wait to see what they do with BotW.

Edit: Just to stir up some shit, I thought Blood & Wine was dull as shit, bailed after 5 hours or so.

Any of the Fallout New Vegas DLC's, but specifically Old World Blues. Never laughed so much while trying to survive as I have in the time I spent with that DLC. The DLC in that game are so cleverly tied back to the main story, stunned more developers don't try to do that

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
header.jpg

Better than the game itself and it's free.

phanphare

Banned
technically New Super Luigi U was DLC so I'm gonna go with that. those were some really nice levels.

obviously the Mario Kart 8 DLC is up there too, both in terms of the content and the value at $12 for that content. those DLC tracks are some of the best in the series. Dragon Driftway, Excitebike Arena, the Cheese Land and Ribbon Road updates, Wild Woods, Animal Crossing, Hyrule Circuit, and of course Big Blue and Mute City. the DLC for that game took Mario Kart 8 from being the best in the series to being the best in the series by such a wide margin it was comical.

epmode

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone is also a pretty strong contender. I don't get why so many people are saying Blood & Wine, Hearts of Stone is way better IMO.

A better narrative, sure. Blood & Wine is also better than the base game, just in different ways. I love the new areas and the tweaks to open world design.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone
Probably one of the best video game stories I've ever played

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
The story wasn't as good as HoS but the sheer amount of content this DLC offers is amazing. + Toussaint is just gorgeous and the ending was great.

Toni

The Last Of Us: Left Behind

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Witcher 3: Blood and & Wine

Its between these 3.

World of Warcraft - The Burning Crusade

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Shivering Isles

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam

Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen

Titan Quest - Immortal Throne

Non-downloadable (i.e. back in the dark ages):

Half-Life - Opposing Force/Blue Shift

Starcraft - Brood War

Diablo II - Lord of Destruction

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Tribunal/Bloodmoon

Warcraft 3 - Frozen Throne

Pretty much all of the expansion for Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and 3.

Tyaren

The Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Never was I so excited for DLC, never was it so worth it. Especially Blood and Wine has the production value and content of a complete game.

t1gerjaw

1. Undead Nightmare
2. TLOU Left Behind
3. The Old Hunters
4. Far Cry Blood Dragon
5. Ballad of Gay Tony/Lost and Damned

MrMephistoX

ME2 Lair of the Shadow Broker is the exact quality I love to see in DLC.

Was just going to cite this: that and the ME3 one that explained the Reaper's origins. Forgot the name but it and the Prothean DLC should have been in the main game so its kinda best/worst.

Edwardo

Mass Effect 2: shadow broker dlc

I bought the mass effect 3 dlcs years ago, but never got around to play them. Maybe when I'm finished with Andromeda.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Undead Nightmare.
header.jpg

RedDeadUndeadNightmare_FeaturedImage

Blood Dragon wasnt DLC.
Or are we using DLC in a different sense???

On Topic

Hearts of Stone was so much fun it was almost criminal that it wasnt part of the main game.

But i gotta give it to Blood and Wine. Hearts of Stone is one of my favorite gaming errr stories but B&W was like a whole new dimension to the witcher so it wins on content.

P.S The ending of Hearts of Stone is fucking incredible, I have to do my yearly Witcher playthrough soon and i cant wait to get to Hearts of Stone.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It's rare to find a thread asking a question to which there is only one right answer, but this is one such thread.

Blood and Wine is the greatest single piece of DLC ever released. It's pretty much an entire game all over again, of a quality that shits all over most other complete games. No-one even begins to touch CDPR for their DLC release commitment.

Peroroncino

Probably Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine... HoS has an amazing story and one of the best villains in the history of gaming, whereas Blood and Wine at times feels like a Witcher 3.5, with new world map, good story, great characters etc.

I literally felt like I was stealing from devs when I was buying those expansions for such a cheap price at release.

Honorable mention goes to Old Hunters, however they really overpriced it.

TheMoon

you guys opening this up to pre-DLC expansion packs are changing the whole playing field of this discussion.

Staf

Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone
Probably one of the best video game stories I've ever played

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
The story wasn't as good as HoS but the sheer amount of content this DLC offers is amazing. + Toussaint is just gorgeous and the ending was great.
This man speaks the truth!

Top Bottom