• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Threads | NeoGAF

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Bumping for a question regarding rebooting my laptop, I only have access to f2 and f12 otherwise the computer freezes on the login screen, any PC experts here that could help me and my Alienware 15R3 out? My goal is to wipe everything and reinstall windows. I don’t care about losing any data.

Last edited:
Bumping for a question regarding rebooting my laptop, I only have access to f2 and f12 otherwise the computer freezes on the login screen, any PC experts here that could help me and my Alienware 15R3 out? My goal is to wipe everything and reinstall windows. I don’t care about losing any data.
So you can only press F2 or F12 otherwise the computer freezes? Does it freeze immediately at the login screen? Can you press F11 or whatever during boot to get into Advanced Startup Options?

EverydayBeast

So you can only press F2 or F12 otherwise the computer freezes? Does it freeze immediately at the login screen? Can you press F11 or whatever during boot to get into Advanced Startup Options?
I’m just taking it to the computer repair shop, I think it has a virus

GHG

Do this:

Write it down somewhere or take a picture of it.

Then do this:

Turn your computer off, plug the USB back in.

Then go into your bios settings (mash F2 as your computer is turning on), then select boot from USB as the priority. Save the settings then the computer will restart.

It should boot to the windows 10 USB drive, follow the instructions and do your clean install of windows.

EverydayBeast

There's issues with the hard drive and the graphics card, that's the only thing I can address right now.

Top Bottom