• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Ark

I think I've fixed it. Someone added the user '99008761' to the permissions file and forgot to add a colon. I wasn't going to add that person until I was pestered, because who has a username like that?

Everything should work now. Originally it wasn't even letting me do anything, but all seems fixed again.

Ark

Doubt I was white listed yet, but tried to connect via address in OP and game replies with outdated server?

Which server, NeoCraft or MindCrack?

NeoCraft isn't out of date, but I've no idea about how MIndCrack works.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I think I've fixed it. Someone added the user '99008761' to the permissions file and forgot to add a colon. I wasn't going to add that person until I was pestered, because who has a username like that?

Everything should work now. Originally it wasn't even letting me do anything, but all seems fixed again.

Good job Ark, thanks!

No idea who 99008761 is, maybe CC tried to add him?

lol of course it was that guys name, yep i remember charlie adding him yesterday. figured it was something like that.

belushy

Banned
A little worried about my stuff. Never locked my chests...

Yeah, I might start doing it. Two blocks were knocked down in the wall in my desert temple; I noticed because there were zombies dropping in on me. Guessing someone just tried escaping from zombies though, because all my valuables were still there. Can't take the risk though

Good job Ark, thanks!

No idea who 99008761 is, maybe CC tried to add him?

Yeah I added them last night after Travis asked me too. The odd thing is that the server worked fine after adding them (even did the pex reload thing) and again this afternoon the server was working just fine. Now normally when I fuck up like that the effect is instant. Ho well you live and learn, from now on I am sending everyone to Ark to do it cos I keep fucking it up ;-)

Grinchy

Banned
I saw that 9908761 guy come on yesterday asking why he hadn't been whitelisted yet since he was told that he was supposed to be. I didn't know he was a friend of Travis's. He's the guy who randomly jumps on the server and says something weird before logging off. The first time I saw him he asked if this was the neo nazi server, then logged out. The second time he said something weird like that too before logging off.

I figured he was just going to try to fuck with us.

Ark

I saw that 9908761 guy come on yesterday asking why he hadn't been whitelisted yet since he was told that he was supposed to be. I didn't know he was a friend of Travis's. He's the guy who randomly jumps on the server and says something weird before logging off. The first time I saw him he asked if this was the neo nazi server, then logged out. The second time he said something weird like that too before logging off.

I figured he was just going to try to fuck with us.

Well he sounds like a swell guy.

Grinchy

Banned
hahaha yeah he didn't seem to make a great 1st, 2nd, or 3rd impression. I thought he was just some troll who found out the server address. But if Travis knows him, maybe he's legit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I finally managed to corral and cure a pair of villager zombies, so the server now has a small startup village that is safe from zombie aggression.

it's located right by my xp grinder, so just a short walk up the road from my nether portal. [the one encased in quartz over lava]

nSJq4FL.jpg

here's one of the cured villagers and our first little baby villager:
tBlvJCj.jpg

please do not kill or take any villagers yet, let their population grow a little.

It's faaaar from efficient, so someone will have to build a proper farm later. i want to keep it looking passable since its so close to my home

Sarcasm

By the way what is up with entity spawn?

I literally had one pig and 8 cows spawn..I got two cows in and one pig in..killed the rest taking my luck to have them spawn.

Unfortunately..nothing has spawned.

Morokh

By the way what is up with entity spawn?

I literally had one pig and 8 cows spawn..I got two cows in and one pig in..killed the rest taking my luck to have them spawn.

Unfortunately..nothing has spawned.

if you are coming from an early version of Minecraft, non hostile mobs (not including slimes and bats) don't spawn the same way as they once did anymore (since they introduced breeding I think)

Basically they spawn when the chunk originally loads, and then almost not. (there is only a very very very small chance that some spawn again, but don't count on it.)

So your best bet instead of waiting for them to spawn, is to get 2 and breed them again and again.

Sarcasm

if you are coming from an early version of Minecraft, non hostile mobs (not including slimes and bats) don't spawn the same way as they once did anymore (since they introduced breeding I think)

Basically they spawn when the chunk originally loads, and then almost not. (there is only a very very very small chance that some spawn again, but don't count on it.)

So your best bet instead of waiting for them to spawn, is to get 2 and breed them again and again.

Only one pig >.<

I don't count =p

Mengy

Okay, Jeb's latest tweet is this:

Was testing level generator stuff, when @notch asked me to keep this as an option: http://i.imgur.com/DtYeEDO.jpg Really resource heavy, though!

I won't post the picture in case anyone doesn't want to ruin the surprise but I'll keep the hyperlink in the above, all I can say is HOLY SHIT. Doesn't sound like that is going to be a biome per say but maybe a new type of world generation like the flat world is? Although this would be the extreme opposite of a flat world, lol. That looks simply incredible....

Morokh

I won't post the picture in case anyone doesn't want to ruin the surprise but I'll keep the hyperlink in the above, all I can say is HOLY SHIT. Doesn't sound like that is going to be a biome per say but maybe a new type of world generation like the flat world is? Although this would be the extreme opposite of a flat world, lol. That looks simply incredible....

Yeah, saw that :p
Steampunk builders will surely love it.
Could also be fun for something like an UHC survival map :p

He also tweeted something about bushes/roses and such but I did not really understand the context, and what he was asking for.

Ark

Oh god, yes please.

Sarcasm

This is awesome..due to the fact that this is in BoP mod..they should just work with them (like they did with Mo's Creatures mod for horses).

Don't take this comment as negative I am all for this..but to help progress they should employ the mod creators of biomes o'plenty. (This biome even exists in it already ^.^)

Mengy

This is awesome..due to the fact that this is in BoP mod..they should just work with them (like they did with Mo's Creatures mod for horses).

Don't take this comment as negative I am all for this..but to help progress they should employ the mod creators of biomes o'plenty. (This biome even exists in it already ^.^)

Yeah, BoP is one mod I've really been tempted to try out. If the mod API ever gets done and enabling mods is super easy then I fear that this game will take on an entirely new addiction for me that is completely unhealthy. It takes up enough time for me without any mods at all installed...

1.7 is shaping up great so far.

Anustart

Which server, NeoCraft or MindCrack?

NeoCraft isn't out of date, but I've no idea about how MIndCrack works.

Only address I see in the op is for MindCrack it seems, am I blind or is the other server not in there? I need halp!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
logged on to zombies attacking my villagers. -_-

no idea how they got in the pen, it's lit up like christmas.

added an additional 12 golems to assist in defending the village.

Skylands UHC in vanilla Minecraft? Sounds OK to me.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
logged on to zombies attacking my villagers. -_-

no idea how they got in the pen, it's lit up like christmas.

added an additional 12 golems to assist in defending the village.
Villagers are zombie magnets now. There's no way to keep them safe without locking them in a house every night, and even then the game is able to put zombies in the house when it feels like fucking you over.

They're basically completely overpowered. No longer can you have a peaceful village with NPC's, because even on Easy zombies will be attracted to them.

I brought one home into my completely safe castle walls and a hoard of zombies still spawned off in the distance and found their way in. For a single villager.

They really need to make that an option. Some of us want to play with villagers and not worry about having to protect them every second of the night.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Villagers are zombie magnets now. There's no way to keep them safe without locking them in a house every night, and even then the game is able to put zombies in the house when it feels like fucking you over.

They're basically completely overpowered. No longer can you have a peaceful village with NPC's, because even on Easy zombies will be attracted to them.

I brought one home into my completely safe castle walls and a hoard of zombies still spawned off in the distance and found their way in. For a single villager.

They really need to make that an option. Some of us want to play with villagers and not worry about having to protect them every second of the night.
im reading on the wiki, supposedly these seige events force zombie spawns regardless of how well lit an area is.

so endless golem hordes it is.
one in each home, one outside each home.

the alternative seems to be encasing them in stone once you find a good one.

Sarcasm

im reading on the wiki, supposedly these seige events force zombie spawns regardless of how well lit an area is.

so endless golem hordes it is.
one in each home, one outside each home.

the alternative seems to be encasing them in stone once you find a good one.

How do you make endless golems? That box in sky so the villagers keep mating?

Sarcasm

Just curious..cause what I do i build a floating box. Says like 25x25x5...and slap a bunch of doors up there and try my luck at getting one villager up there.

Endless breeding.

Since I doubt I'll work on my FTB settlement again, I felt like I should share it before it fades away.

Click the img for a gallery :)

For some reason Minus reversed the order, making the start at the bottom. Oh well.

PS: Yes, I cloned one of Nine's houses. :p

So, I'm using the Sphax texture pack x32, and I noticed that the the villagers look and sound like those little guys from Star Wars. Or am I just imagining things?

I forgot what they are called, but they wear hoods and have glowing eyes.

took some pics of gafland again. this time with shaders :D

Gallery

jpAk68Q5jT5rs.png

community mine entrance and the town.

jpO2DvZEur9wZ.png

desert NPC village

jkZ01RL91oOLT.png

updated version of my house. plus some gafland

jOkYNXIKF9YPv.png

jungle island i claimed to build something on.

probably my favorite shot.
jvNDpDCMbZW0C.png

Pandamans horse stable

j1J39REr0ExQk.png

above shot of kidko's house.

So, I'm using the Sphax texture pack x32, and I noticed that the the villagers look and sound like those little guys from Star Wars. Or am I just imagining things?

I forgot what they are called, but they wear hoods and have glowing eyes.

those are called Jawas. and yeah the villagers sound just like them.

jpAk68Q5jT5rs.png

community mine entrance and the town.

jpO2DvZEur9wZ.png

desert NPC village

jkZ01RL91oOLT.png

updated version of my house. plus some gafland

jOkYNXIKF9YPv.png

jungle island i claimed to build something on.

probably my favorite shot.
jvNDpDCMbZW0C.png

Pandamans horse stable

j1J39REr0ExQk.png

above shot of kidko's house.

Danger once my place is a little more finished I might need you to do that for me.

Grinchy

Banned
Nice work, Danger. Those shots are awesome. I really like this one you took of my house. The way the water waves and almost seems to splash up against the deck is so awesome.

I really need to install those shaders again but I don't get great performance from them. My PC is not all that amazing.

Mengy

Gallery

Ok, those pics are stupendously awesome. I need to look into how to get my game to look this way, I have no idea if my PC could handle it but I think I need to try...

Grinchy

Banned
what are the chances the PC version has 360 controller compatibility?

There's someone who uses a controller on the server just fine. I wish I remembered who it was now. I keep meaning to look into it so I can play from my couch on the big screen.

edit- but to answer your question more directly, it doesn't natively support a controller

Which shaders are you using by chance? I been testing out a bunch and can't settle on one.

Sonic Ethers Unbelievable Shaders. i have tried others but i still think its the best, unfortunately really rough on most systems, able to keep a steady 60fps though on my computer. (8 gigs ram, i7, GTX680, lol and i play fuckin Minecraft on it.)

Oh and the Texture pack is Sphax PureBDCraft 128x

EDIT: one strange thing, the water seems to have seams on it. i cant remember, but im pretty sure old versions didn't have that problem.

Sarcasm

Sonic Ethers Unbelievable Shaders. i have tried others but i still think its the best, unfortunately really rough on most systems, able to keep a steady 60fps though on my computer. (8 gigs ram, i7, GTX680, lol and i play fuckin Minecraft on it.)

Oh and the Texture pack is Sphax PureBDCraft 128x

EDIT: one strange thing, the water seems to have seams on it. i cant remember, but im pretty sure old versions didn't have that problem.

That is in all shaders..1.6.2 broke some shader coding. I pretty much have same PC as you. I also notice with forge mods if your close to a torch you get annoying light flash.

I get invalid composte or w/e with Sonic's..may I try your shader file?

That is in all shaders..1.6.2 broke some shader coding. I pretty much have same PC as you. I also notice with forge mods if your close to a torch you get annoying light flash.

I get invalid composte or w/e with Sonic's..may I try your shader file?

I got it from here.http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/940974-162sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders-and-glsl-shaders-mod/

Near the bottom. V10 Ultra Dof. Thats the one I use.
Also I use forge mods, don't have any problems.

Top Bottom