• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch How-To Series

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
During the detaching video the words "DO NOT PUSH DOWN THE RELEASE BUTTON" should be flashing the whole time.

killroy87

Think of the amount of complaints and "defective" joy cons they would have received for them to need to create these.

Videos like this don't just appear two months post-launch unless they're needed

Lynd7

During the detaching video the words "DO NOT PUSH DOWN THE RELEASE BUTTON" should be flashing the whole time.

Thats dumb, I assumed that's how it would work.. Why wouldn't they just make it work like that anyway?

Thats dumb, I assumed that's how it would work.. Why wouldn't they just make it work like that anyway?

take a look at the locking mechanism on the Joy-Con, and then consider how the Joy-Con attaches to every accessory designed for it besides the wrist strap.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Think of the amount of complaints and "defective" joy cons they would have received for them to need to create these.

Videos like this don't just appear two months post-launch unless they're needed

ARMS releasing also helps. First major game that's heavy on the joycon motion control.

Cartho

"Don't push the normal release button, just undo the white lock slider and pull"

So THAT'S why I've found it so fucking hard. I literally haven't ever used them after the first time because it was so hard to get them off I felt like I was going to break them.

Just tried it, this works much better.

Cerbero

I don't need to push the release button? Ffs i've been doing it wrong this whole time

Just tried, yep much easier

You dont need to press the button? My whole life had been a lie

I just had a look at my bars since i've never used them until now, the plastic lock on the joycon has a slope in one direction so in a switch console its locked and on these bars it's sloped so they naturally unhook.

Has anyone else had somewhat loose fitting joycon straps or is it just me?

I've been pressing the release button to remove too.

Top Bottom