• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Carbonox

Awesome trailer.

Did Chris and Leon ever met personally before in the other games? Can't really remember, and I'm hoping we get a female lead on RE7.

I can already see it: Jill vs Claire. :D

Closest thing we got in the past was that Leon told Chris that Claire is in danger in CODE: Veronica, hence Chris going out to save her. Or some shit.

Zomba13

I'm hyped for it though it doesn't seem at all scary from anything in the trailers. RE is now just another Action series with zombies/BOWs rather than survival horror though RE:R did have a creepy vibe in places.

Maybe Wesker Jr is just Wesker Sr with plastic surgery+voice changing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm pretty sure Wekser's the mercenaries 'father' in the sense he bio-engineered him. The 'son' looks way to old to have been birthed anytime recently, and the fact he has Wesker's powers is a bit questionable.

Jill, Ada, and Claire are all the mothers. Leon and Chris be pissed.

I don't know anything about the story of these games but I do play Marvel. With that knowledge Wesker Jr. has me crazy hyped for this game. Now I have to go play 4 and 5.

Kaizer

Banned
I'm not a huge follower of the RE franchise and its convoluted story, but awesome-looking trailer all around. Leon vs Chris will be a QTE - watch it happen.

x-Lundz-x

Hell yeah! Looks great. And wow at them pushing the release date up over a month, that's awesome. Hopefully that does not mean it's rushed out.

Dusk Golem

i hope claire is in this too, just to break the tension between them. but too many characters already.

Not too many characters, this is Capcom's self-dubbed, "Horror-Drama."

The whole gang's gonna be at each others throats. Alliances and enemies, rivals. Capcom has also said this is the largest and longest game in the series, with the most dialogue as well, so that accounts to something.

strafer

Please.

L79Uf.jpg

Dusk Golem

Also, I now think even more that the Mercs guy was Steve. At first I thought he meant Wesker, but Chris asks "Don't I know you?" to the mercenary guy. My guess is that it's Steve, but he likely was experimented on and doesn't remember his past-life.

I've been a believer ever since I saw this:

A51tM1.png

cvxfreak

i hope claire is in this too, just to break the tension between them. but too many characters already.

I think the amount of characters is fine so far:

From RE2/4, we have Leon, Ada, Hunnigan and Sherry.
From RE5, we have Chris.

Helena and Beards are new.

Still more to be revealed for sure.

From RE5, we have Chris.

Has to have Jill in some form imo even if its only as Chris' Hunnigan.

Claire we can do without.

Two quick things:
1. Did I just see every cutscene in the game?
2. I laughed after seeing that serious trailer and then suddenly being shown the logo which is nothing just a giraffe getting some special company.

Two quick things:
1. Did I just see every cutscene in the game?
2. I laughed after seeing that serious trailer and then suddenly being shown the logo which is nothing just a giraffe getting some special company.

1. nope but once TGS rolls around, it will have been every cutscene, boss, twist, and location.

Sign me up. I'll probably end up buying this twice if it comes to WiiU with IR controls (oh please Capcom do it!!!)

Bring back Raid Mode and Mercenaries and this game won't leave my console for months.

No gameplay, no sell yet. Trailer looks great anyway.

I have to accept that RE is not eerily scary anymore though.

October is going to be a BRUTAL month this year. AC3, B:Inifinite and RE6. WTH is November going to be like? CoD, Halo(?), Last of Us(?).

FFFFUUUUUUUU

Maxrunner

Sign me up. I'll probably end up buying this twice if it comes to WiiU with IR controls (oh please Capcom do it!!!)

Bring back Raid Mode and Mercenaries and this game won't leave my console for months.

Well if this thing has 6 player co op??i wonder if in the WiiU one can play with IR and the other can play directly in the Upad?

rouken

From RE5, we have Chris.

yeah, i see them having characters behind the scenes masterminding everything. not-ada must be working for someone.

Claire we can do without.

i disagree. claire has a special place in everyone's heart. not even wetsuit jill can't replace that. lol.

i wonder if she has gone blonde too after all this years.

Over here, stranger...
Welcome!
Got somethin' that might interest ya.
Whaddaya buyin'?
Whaddaya sellin'?
Got a selection of good things on sale, Stranger.
Ahhhh, I'll buy it at a high price.

Top Bottom