• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

NateDog

Been shite down south. Overcast every day this week until 6pm when the sun comes out for 2 hours.

Who's going to Slane at the weekend? Can't wait myself.
The only people I know going are my girlfriend's parents. They're convinced they'll be back in Kildare by midnight, I heartily chuckled considering how bad it was the last time I was at Slane and knowing it hasn't changed much. Hope you have fun!

Midnight lol. They'll be lucky to be out of the castle grounds by then.
I
Thunderstorms forecasted for the east of the country for tomorrow. Brilliant.

acohrs

how my office feels today:

giphy.gif

Guns n Roses were amazing. One of the best shows I've ever been to. They played a 3 hour set! Played every song of theirs that's known except 'Don't Cry' for some reason. They also did an awesome 15 minute medley of Pink Floyd, The Who and Eric Clapton songs and a wonderful cover of Blackhole Sun in honour of Chris Cornell. My knees were fucked by the end of it.

Getting out of Slane was a nightmare, though. It was 2 hours before I even got out of the car park alone. However I did have a bit of fun getting out of there as the place was like a mud circuit from the thunderstorms earlier in the day. Cars slipping n' sliding all over the place. Some hilarious shit going on. Felt like handling on ice.

Yeah GnR played a great set - blackhole sun was the highlight for me. Too many coked-up bowsies in the crowd though. I legged it back to the pink car park at the end and had no trouble getting out thank christ; home by 12 with a mickyDs. Heard that the red car park was a nightmare of mud.

NateDog

I love that international news places go with Prime Minster instead of even attempting to copy / paste "Taoiseach"
I loved that he endlessly stuck his nose in every departments business but his own explaining how he could do everything better than others. Let's see how great he is now.

I loved that he endlessly stuck his nose in every departments business but his own explaining how he could do everything better than others. Let's see how great he is now.

I feel like a good OT thread would be "IRELAND HAS ITS FIRST OPENLY GAY PRIME MINSTER"

Wait a few posts while OT does what OT does and then a few posts in come in and go "but he is kind of a bit shitty who has a pretty rough track record with the poor and abortion rights"

Cant say I am too strong one way or another about him. I gather welfare under him has gone more hardline and is still as mismanaged as ever.

Not sure what his time as health sec was like. The HSE has been in some crisis or another for a decade so I assume he didnt do much to change that.

Just seems like a politician ass politician who hasnt really done a lot but had a decent enough personality for a leadership spot.

I also learned that same sex hanky panky was still illegal 25 years ago here. That's kinda nuts.

acohrs

It would be like when I frsit arrived in Ireland and thought the police force was called the Garda Shaniqua, all my newfound Irish friends burst their livers laughing at me...

NateDog

Went to see Pirates 5 today, was quite surprised by it, really enjoyed it. Seemed to get really bad reviews with the press yet the majority of reviews on Odeon's website by viewers were positive and everyone I know that saw it liked it. Was a guy there about 30 though that brought his kid that couldn't have been more than 4 years old, I'd say it's incredible but not really considering what I've seen from other parents.

NateDog

I'm moving in the next few weeks and don't even have any sight of having a place sorted so I'm out. Sounds like a good plan otherwise though.

acohrs

what a week for irish news, DUP propping up a UK government, torso found in wicklow, girl institutionalized for having suicidal thoughts about being pregnant

Top Bottom