• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork Thread of Eternal August

Detsuken

Hi!

Anyone have any awesome Guile (SF) artwork? I can't find anything of note out there. Would be SO MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

Detsuken

Hi Omnibus;

Thanks for the link, but I was thinking more old-school Guile, Super Turbo and the like. If you find anything at all good, please link it. Thanks a lot!

Omnibus

Detsuken said:
Hi Omnibus;

Thanks for the link, but I was thinking more old-school Guile, Super Turbo and the like. If you find anything at all good, please link it. Thanks a lot!

I'm sorry, but I've founded nothing. :-/

eXcalibur

Neo Member
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: (Artwork of the nest characters! :D No Ammy or Thor :()

all @ 3620 x 5120

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together:

4499 x 6283

Enjoy! =)

zelu1984 said:
Hey Guys! does anyone have HQ pictures of the the Parasite Eve - 3rd Birthday??

Well theres this one (of course without the watermark)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7905/wp3rdbd.jpg
t3b02.jpg

From this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399396&page=3

eXcalibur

Neo Member
Some specials scan from the artbook "Street Fighter IV & Super Street Fighter IV Official Complete Work":

If people are interested, I can scan a few more which feature, never seen before artwork, aswell some other rare art (like those SFIV Posters that Ono showed up, holding them in his hands).

PS: Files removed.

Lord of Arcana:

2976 x 4175

ShinAmano

eXcalibur said:
If people are interested, I can scan a few more which feature, never seen before artwork, aswell some other rare art (like those SFIV Posters that Ono showed up, holding them in his hands).
Please do.

eXcalibur said:
Some specials scan from the artbook "Street Fighter IV & Super Street Fighter IV Official Complete Work":

lol? Scans are allowed?

eXcalibur

Neo Member
Dedication Through Light said:
lol? Scans are allowed?

I´ve asked before, but got no answer. That, and I have already seen some people who scanned some artwork before and all was OK, so I dunno what's the situation is regarding that "rule" in here.

eXcalibur

Neo Member
Then, I´m at loss :p I have seen others scans, including FF Versus XIII scans and even a member of the staff saying that he/she would scan a few artworks from an artbook.

Either way, it would be nice to hear any member of the staff on this issue.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Someone has the characters art from Resonance of Fate?

I kinda wanted some High Res pictures of the characters, specially the ones in the US Cover.

I believe these are the ones? They are in PNG format :)

Resonance of Fate:

all @ 4242 x 6000

eXcalibur

Neo Member
I´m afraid that, we will never see that picture in good quality I´ve searched for it for many years now, but no luck :(
Sorry about that, I think the only way to get it would be by getting the JP Guides. Those guides do contain the very rare illustrations of Golden Sun, but I don´t know if they have them all.

Both the english guides and the PAL/JP versions of the games don´t have that piece of art :|, but contain a few others that have yet to be posted here.

Luminous Arc:

3164 x 3134 --- 3657 x 4464 --- 2585 x 3399 --- 2464 x 3201 --- 3419 x 3298

2128 x 2959 --- 3200 x 3368 --- 2826 x 3927 --- 3048 x 3933 --- 2058 x 3150

eXcalibur

Neo Member
rvy said:
I fucking love this thread.

Ámen, Mourinho! :lol

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X:

2400 x 1200

2022 x 3114 --- 2242 x 3294 --- 2973 x 2938

2333 x 3352 --- 2238 x 3265 --- 2518 x 3439 --- 2773 x 3231

Solune

eXcalibur said:
I´m afraid that, we will never see that picture in good quality I´ve searched for it for many years now, but no luck :(
Sorry about that, I think the only way to get it would be by getting the JP Guides. Those guides do contain the very rare illustrations of Golden Sun, but I don´t know if they have them all.

Both the english guides and the PAL/JP versions of the games don´t have that piece of art :|, but contain a few others that have yet to be posted here.

Aw, well no need to be sorry though, you've done an awesome job with the thread!
Can't thank you enough for uploading most of these.

eXcalibur

Neo Member
Thanks, that's appreciated! :)

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep:

4960 x 7016 --- 5300 x 7500

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions:

both @ 2894 x 3541

Captain Smoker said:

2827 x 4065 || 2839 x 4095 || 2830 x 4130 || 2488 x 3480 || 2472 x 3464 || 2456 x 3464 || 2565 x 3861

2488 x 3480 || 2312 x 3307 || 2472 x 3480 || 2200 x 3679 || 2424 x 3318 || 2306 x 3307 || 2839 x 4095

Could anyone who has these pieces of Skies of Arcadia character artwork saved somewhere please upload them again? All but the first two links now appear to be dead.

They are originally from this post.

eXcalibur

Neo Member
Etrian Odyssey:

1892 x 4972 --- 1559 x 2333 --- 2598 x 2953 --- 1613 x 2659 --- 1473 x 2105

1161 x 2214 --- 1304 x 1855 --- 1832 x 2273 --- 1672 x 2139 --- 1447 x 2268

Platy

eXcalibur said:
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions:

both @ 2894 x 3541

Sorry ... but what is the diference between these 2 ?
By the thumbs they look exactly like each other ... and they both have the same size ...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Platy said:
Sorry ... but what is the diference between these 2 ?
By the thumbs they look exactly like each other ... and they both have the same size ...

Lighting on the bottom right, for one

Dali

Plywood said:
Request are okay? Juri concept art, tried Tineye, no luck, only smaller versions.

wAjwj.jpg
That's actually pretty nice. Doesn't look like it's done in the same style as the rest of the IV stuff. Are there any other pictures done in this style?

Gyrian

Dali said:
That's actually pretty nice. Doesn't look like it's done in the same style as the rest of the IV stuff. Are there any other pictures done in this style?

It's concept art; a few more are like this.
Many artists worked on IV concept, though, it's very inconsistent.

micrometaru.gif

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah when you're doing concept art, specially early on. The big idea is to explore shapes and colors, not worry about the "does this look like the 3d modeling style" stuff, thats for later, once the design has been approved, etc.

Trust me on this ;)

-PXG-

Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah when you're doing concept art, specially early on. The big idea is to explore shapes and colors, not worry about the "does this look like the 3d modeling style" stuff, thats for later, once the design has been approved, etc.

Trust me on this ;)

No divulging tricks of the trade....that is...without payment/ monetary compensation ;)

Dali

Raging Spaniard said:

Trust me on this ;)
... uhhh... okay. That kind of goes without saying though.

Anyway I like the way that looks moreso than the final design. After I made that comment, I did a google search for more and I like the way a lot of the early designs looked over the final product, especially Blanka's stage.

Raging Spaniard

Dali said:
... uhhh... okay. That kind of goes without saying though.

Anyway I like the way that looks moreso than the final design. After I made that comment, I did a google search for more and I like the way a lot of the early designs looked over the final product, especially Blanka's stage.

Yeah I know you know better, sorry about that. I usually like early design better as well, thats when marketing and all the higher ups havent poisoned character designs yet :)

Dali

Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah I know you know better, sorry about that. I usually like early design better as well, thats when marketing and all the higher ups havent poisoned character designs yet :)
I don't know how early some of the designs I saw were, but it looks like Ken and Ryu started out doomed. Chun Li on the other hand had a nice figure early before she turned into Chub-Li. Daigo has said he likes thick girls so that's probably his doing. Sadly I think the final product is pretty close to how Daigo envisioned it.

SFIV_Stages_Concept_Art_03.jpg

SFIV_Stages_Concept_Art_04.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Ken_08.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Ken_07.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Ryu_09.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_C_Viper_07.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Abel_01.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Sakura_05.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_C_Viper_17.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Dhalsim_07.jpg

A Sim that floated like Magneto would have been a pretty cool new take on an old character.

More here, but none are high res.

Raging Spaniard

Daigo also designed 3S Chun, who is, in my eyes, perfect, so yeah. Its hit and miss sometimes, well have to wait till the next main entry in the series, they always re-boot the art direction for those.

eXcalibur

Neo Member
Plywood said:
Request are okay? Juri concept art, tried Tineye, no luck, only smaller versions.

Currently, I don´t have any plans regarding scanning the concept art but... here it is: (best viewed at 300dpi resolution)

PS: File removed.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
eXcalibur said:
Currently, I don´t have any plans regarding scanning the concept art but... here it is: (best viewed at 300dpi resolution)

4615 x 6941
Awesome, thank you, much appreciated. :D

Top Bottom