• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

Tomb Raider boycott
LLShC.gif

if they can port to mac no reason to skip WiiU like that even 6 months late is better than nothing

all my mac games on my macbook frustrate the hell out of me because of the controls are just not there I need a mouse :( Tomb Raider news sucks

Pretty much anything published by Sega.
Hell, even Madworld had a better opening month than Vanquish did on two systems.

Examples? They have franchises that sell well all around it seems to me. Total War (selling around a million), Yakuza 500k in Japan, Phantasy Star 500k in japan, Bayonetta was over a million iirc. Plenty of others all over, mario and sonic is their best selling game series atm but it's not like they aren't doing well everywhere.

Examples? They have franchises that sell well all around it seems to me. Total War (selling around a million), Yakuza 500k in Japan, Phantasy Star 500k in japan, Bayonetta was over a million iirc. Plenty of others all over, mario and sonic is their best selling game series atm but it's not like they aren't doing well everywhere.

Well, Sonic of course.
It sells better on Nintendo systems by far.
Same with any spin off.

I just really can't see Sega going exclusive to MS.
Especially considering how dead MS is in Japan.

Well, Sonic of course.
Same with any spin off.

Oh no I wasn't trying to back up the crazy guy suggesting they would go exclusive, just that they aren't really tied to any platform. They have a good spread of IP's with variety in genre and platform.

frostbyte

Wanktasies? FAPTIVISM? Lookin' at you Jason Russell.

There goes me headache :p

Are MS really gunna try in Japan next gen? It seems like over there no one cares at all.

I don't think they're going to moneyhat even Japanese games this time since it has no tangible increase in their sales. Let alone try in Japan. Unfortunately, Japan is a much smaller piece of the console pie than people think.

Well, Sonic of course.
Same with any spin off.

if it was true that they sold better on one system over the rest it would have been a case to go exclusive

My point for Sega to be on one system is to get the old fans on board on platform that way sales go up not spread all over the place because all the fans know if I get this hardware its the same as this being a new Dreamcast because I am guaranteed my Sega games on this platform but the way things are now Sega is spread multiplatform and quality of games are lowered they don't polish as hard so you have hit or miss

maybe Sega makes more money the way things are but I feel if the fans knew Sega would be on one hardware they would own it and support it

the Sega brand is getting more and more diluted the way things are today

if it was true that they sold better on one system over the rest it would have been a case to go exclusive

My point for Sega to be on one system is to get the old fans on board on platform that way sales go up not spread all over the place because all the fans know if I get this hardware its the same as this being a new Dreamcast because I am guaranteed my Sega games on this platform but the way things are now Sega is spread multiplatform and quality of games are lowered they don't polish as hard so you have hit or miss

maybe Sega makes more money the way things are but I feel if the fans knew Sega would be on one hardware they would own it and support it

And you think them going exclusive to MS, a company with a completely different philosophy from Sega, is what is good for the company?

just what small fraction of sega's current sales come from old sega fans?

wsippel

Banned
Do you think this old post may have in fact been about AMD switching to IBM to make their Trinity APUs?
Either that or a 32nm XCGPU, which was in the works at some point. As that's just a shrink of an already existing design, secrecy wouldn't be much of an issue.

And you think them going exclusive to MS, a company with a completely different philosophy from Sega, is what is good for the company?

no I was joking about MS but they do have history was the xbox not rumored to be Dreamcast 2 project? dunno I forget the details

Sega + Nintendo should have been the thing from day 1 of Sega losing its hardware edge it would have been the best move for both companies but at the time everyone was on that Nintendo Doomed going 3rd Party train

Now Nintendo kicked ass with Wii and a few generations of amazing sales on portable market

Sonic showing up in Brawl

Mario + Sonic Olympic thread should have clued Sega in that they had a good fit, it may be a pride thing or it may also be that they hope to one day return to Hardware business but Sega going back to Hardware is just as likely as Ubisoft or EA going into hardware they seem to have stronger IPs than Sega these days

Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 'Enhanced Edition', 4+ hours bonus content, out April 17th

hmm if they can do this, any chance of a WiiU version with extras
KuGsj.gif

I got my hopes up again :(

Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 'Enhanced Edition', 4+ hours bonus content, out April 17th

hmm if they can do this, any chance of a WiiU version with extras
KuGsj.gif

I got my hopes up again :(

I think there would be a PS3 version first if they had the resources to do it. IIRC they tried to multiplat witcher 1 but engine wasn't really made for consoles so abandoned the plan and fixed up their engine a bit for 2.

I think there would be a PS3 version first if they had the resources to do it. IIRC they tried to multiplat witcher 1 but engine wasn't really made for consoles so abandoned the plan and fixed up their engine a bit for 2.

I still have not played this series so it goes into the list of stuff to play when I have a strong desktop

Top Bottom