• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

I worked hard on my barbarian build, so I might as well transfer it over...

For what it's worth you're going to be salvaging all your current gear within the first few hours of the game. It's mostly all worthless in loot 2.0.

But, still worth it to carry over your paragon levels.

Dante316

I sooo wanna buy this..but...destiny is September 9th and I know I wanna play that alot and diablo is a huge game too! So im gnna have to get madden in stead of diablo to better match it with destiny. Hardcore and casual fun.

Wizman23

Banned
After putting so many hours into the PC version, I wish we could jump right into adventure mode and do bounties and rifts without having to go through the game/story first. In a perfect world PC characters would transfer!

OmegaDL50

Okay folks, I'm in this for the long haul on the PlayStation 4 version.

PSN username is OmegaDL50 so add me if you like. I'll definitely be receptive to multiplayer.

My ultimate goal is to surpass this character - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Alkaizer-1727/hero/2190

Basically want to get a Crusader to 70 and Paragon 800. I even have an equipment plan of what I want to find once I reach 70 to reach my main goal.

Head - Aughild's Spike
Shoulders - Aughild's Power
Torso - Born's Frozen Soul
Waist - Blackthorne's Notched Belt
Hands - Guardian's Aversion
Legs - Guardian's Case
Amulet - Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross
Ring 1 - Ring of Royal Granduer
Ring 2 - The Wailing Host
Main Hand - Born's Furious Wrath
Off Hand - Stormshield

Can we say 3 full set bonuses, and partial 4th set bonus on a single character.

Yes this build is probably already done before, but the real challenge is acquiring the level 60 / 70 versions of these pieces. It's going to take hundreds of hours, but to see all of this complete on my character sheet.

It will be glorious!

Yoshi, great OT! It looks fantastic in Mobile GAF's dark theme.

I'll playing on PS4 and rolling a fresh crusader in addition to my PS3 barbarion.

Everyone, feel free to add me on PSN: Reluctant-Hero

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry for asking again but when does the Pre Download starts on PS4 ?

ZenaxPure

My ultimate goal is to surpass this character - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Alkaizer-1727/hero/2190

Basically want to get a Crusader to 70 and Paragon 800. I even have an equipment plan of what I want to find once I reach 70 to reach my main goal.

I don't want to burst any bubbles of a bright eyed young'un as I love the enthusiasm but if your goal is to reach paragon 800 it's going to take a really long time with that gear. Reaching paragon 800 is a LONG task (I am almost 1500 hours into the game and I am only plvl 560, granted about 250 or so of those hours was before paragon levels was a thing) and to maximize your speed you need to be doing torment 6 difficulty which that gear won't really do it for you. For what it's worth though none of those items are particularly rare (most of them are crafted) so you can achieve those specific pieces really fast.

Killer

Banned
i might get this on PS4 although i have it on PC already. RoS fixed so much problems in this game it ain't even funny.

OmegaDL50

I don't want to burst any bubbles of a bright eyed young'un as I love the enthusiasm but if your goal is to reach paragon 800 it's going to take a really long time with that gear. Reaching paragon 800 is a LONG task (I am almost 1500 hours into the game and I am only plvl 560, granted about 250 or so of those hours was before paragon levels was a thing) and to maximize your speed you need to be doing torment 6 difficulty which that gear won't really do it for you. For what it's worth though none of those items are particularly rare (most of them are crafted) so you can achieve those specific pieces really fast.

Those are just to start until I get some of the decent Legendaries or really high end rares that are likely to surpass them.

Really, I just want to shove that many set pieces on one character just to see the ridiculousness of the character sheet of all of those effects active at once, especially since the Ring of Royal Grandeur has the effect of adding +1 to a set bonus if you have a piece equipped, so basically wearing 2 pieces of a 3 piece set would apply the full bonus that aside of needing to have all pieces equipped instead.

By the time patch 2.1 rolls around there will be a lot of changes though, and who knows, by the time I get to that point maybe patch 2.2 will exist and my plans could very well change.

Besides, I'm the sort of person that gets all of my main characters and generics in Disgaea 4 to 9999 with full reincarnations, and fully maxed out ranked 40 items for everyone, so I am extremely patient to a point.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
i might get this on PS4 although i have it on PC already. RoS fixed so much problems in this game it ain't even funny.

Good to hear. I only finished Normal mode on PS3 once and shelved it. Something felt off despite many of the loot changes implemented on console last year. Hoping the expansion modes and changes draw me back in on PS4. Maybe its just normal difficulty that was such a bore with bland enemy groupings and loot tables. I pre-ordered and am ready for the save transfer.

Can't wait for this. Getting it on PS4 and I broke down and picked up a copy for PS3 to upload my save. Finally also got a second controller, now I'm all set for next week. Too bad I will be out of town till Friday.

Killer

Banned
Good to hear. I only finished Normal mode on PS3 once and shelved it. Something felt off despite many of the loot changes implemented on console last year. Hoping the expansion modes and changes draw me back in on PS4. Maybe its just normal difficulty that was such a bore with bland enemy groupings and loot tables. I pre-ordered and am ready for the save transfer.

Yeah, you should up the difficulty. It's not that hard but gives you a better challenge.

ZenaxPure

Besides, I'm the sort of person that gets all of my main characters and generics in Disgaea 4 to 9999 with full reincarnations, and fully maxed out ranked 40 items for everyone, so I am extremely patient to a point.

Yeah it's a very strong ring for sure, almost every endgame build wears it.

That said you are overestimating how long getting those items will take, trust me. Half of the gear is crafted items and set plans drop like candy, it's crazy. If you play a lot you will probably have every set plan in the first week. The other pieces are fairly common legendaries (there is a tiered list and some legs are rarer than others). It should be pretty easy to accomplish your gearing goals very fast.

As for patience, yeah you're going to need it. Getting 800 is not an easy task (and for what it's worth there is no cap on paragon, level 800 simply caps all the stats but your primary stat and Vit which go up infinitely). Honestly I don't think I'd reach level 800 without seasons (which the console version won't have) because it gets pretty discouraging when you need 3.2 billion xp per level and best quest in the game only gives about 86 million xp.

Jimrpg

I hate stellar OTs like this - always makes me want to buy the game.

I can't afford it and I still haven't really played much of my copy of diablo 3 on mac which I got day one. Gah!

I really want to get this for PS4....

Also whats the monster density like for PS4 - if its gimped on consoles, then I'd prefer to play on PC.... I remember Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1/2 for PS2, it was basically walk a little bit kill three monsters for the entire 12 hours.... grrr...

Aww yea!! I will be preordering on ps4 Friday. TLOU, Diablo 3 and finally Destiny in September! It's been a slow start for ps4 but now shits kicking into high gear!

I put 180+ hours into d3 within the first 2 months of release before I realized how much I hated it.
:p mostly cause of the auction house

Next I played the console editions but the tearing and frame rate issues were bothersome. Finally I get to experience everything in one complete package. I am really excited to kill more clickers too. I can't kill enough of them fuckers!

I hate stellar OTs like this - always makes me want to buy the game.

I can't afford it and I still haven't really played much of my copy of diablo 3 on mac which I got day one. Gah!

I really want to get this for PS4....

Also whats the monster density like for PS4 - if its gimped on consoles, then I'd prefer to play on PC.... I remember Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1/2 for PS2, it was basically walk a little bit kill three monsters for the entire 12 hours.... grrr...
not gimped confirmed by Blizzard.

Tobor

Anyone else as pumped for remote play as I am?

A Diablo I can play in bed and on the toilet is like the holy grail.

DustinC

For anyone curious about reviews, the embargo lifts at 12:01 am PST tonight.

It doesn't seem PR was actively telling people that the on disc version of the game is basically 2.0.5, and there's a patch hitting tomorrow to bring it up to 2.0.6. So stuff like legendary crafting materials are still there. I'm curious to see if any reviews mention the crafting materials as a new addition!

It doesn't seem PR wasn't actively telling people that the on disc version of the game is basically 2.0.5, and there's a patch hitting tomorrow to bring it up to 2.0.6. So stuff like legendary crafting materials are still there. I'm curious to see if any reviews mention the crafting materials as a new addition!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!

cackhyena

Aww yea!! I will be preordering on ps4 Friday. TLOU, Diablo 3 and finally Destiny in September! It's been a slow start for ps4 but now shits kicking into high gear!

I put 180+ hours into d3 within the first 2 months of release before I realized how much I hated it.
:p mostly cause of the auction house

Next I played the console editions but the tearing and frame rate issues were bothersome. Finally I get to experience everything in one complete package. I am really excited to kill more clickers too. I can't kill enough of them fuckers!
Those clickers were once human, you monster.

RDreamer

Now, I get that the transfer works from the original Diablo on something like PS3 to a PS4, etc, but if I buy the Ultimate Evil Edition now on PS3 can I transfer that save to PS4 should I ever get a PS4 and that version of D3?

It doesn't seem PR was actively telling people that the on disc version of the game is basically 2.0.5, and there's a patch hitting tomorrow to bring it up to 2.0.6. So stuff like legendary crafting materials are still there. I'm curious to see if any reviews mention the crafting materials as a new addition!

Good to know, thanks! I just wish the preload on PS4 was available now so I could start downloading!

njean777

Now, I get that the transfer works from the original Diablo on something like PS3 to a PS4, etc, but if I buy the Ultimate Evil Edition now on PS3 can I transfer that save to PS4 should I ever get a PS4 and that version of D3?

Yes, they said if you get it on PS3/360 it will transfer over to the ps4/xb1.

Was going to get this for Xbox One, but decided to go with the PS4 since it has extra stuff. Cannot wait to pick up my copy next week.

Those clickers were once human, you monster.

Seeing all the crazy shit we do to each other day in and day out it makes me wonder if there is really much of a difference.

Sorry, feeling dark today with the Robin Williams and Ferguson news along with watching vice's Islamic State doc. We are some crazy fucked up beings.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Seeing all the crazy shit we do to each other day in and day out it makes me wonder if there is really much of a difference.

Sorry, feeling dark today with the Robin Williams and Ferguson news along with watching vice's Islamic State doc. We are some crazy fucked up beings.
Yup, the world is a messed up place. Iraq, Syria, Israel/Gaza, Ukraine/Russia; sometimes I'm so glad to be at the ass-end of the world.

"Genie, you're free!" ;_;

cackhyena

I hear ya.

OneUh8

Will be picking this up for PS4. Pretty excited. I am a fan of the franchise and played vanilla D3 when it released on PC. Did not care a ton for it. Stopped playing after a couple months. Really looking forward to jump on with all the improvements and expansion.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Wow a review a week a head of time. The game must of turned out at least on new gen as good as many of us hoped.

Blizzards PR has just been strange for the whole release of ROS for the consoles. I really hope the bad job at PR does not hurt the sales of the game.

Drame

Does the UEE version of PS3 transfer save over to the PS4?

Wondering about trophies mainly.
Yes, the ps3 save will transfer. You'll have to export it in-game and link your PSN with your battle.net account. You'll also get a nifty legendary ring by doing that.

RoS has a new trophy/achievement set so you'll start fresh when you begin the game. http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/diablo-3-ulimate-evil-edition/achievements/ the trophy list should be the same, with platinum of course. Good thing that there are more HC achievements this time, the more playing HC the better. And lvl 70 achievements with every class, my Hellfire Rings are ready! Good thing I crafted loads of those lol.

Ps4 digital pre-order down and my barb is ready for transfer. Good thing that the monster density has been fixed. Grinding paragon levels in vanilla console D3 was boring and slow as ever. Also, the netcode wasn't the best. But the console version was such a joy to play and The ps4 and xbox one versions will play even better. No other games needed for the rest of the year.

f@luS

More than a member.
Is online international ? 70e on amazon Europe vs 45e If i take digital version on amazon us .... Quite thé différence

What is thé download size ?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I already know I want the PS4 version. Is there incentives to preorder?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15031886

The Infernal Pauldrons, a unique shoulder wearable at level 1, these devilishly handsome shoulder plates provide bonuses to Vitality, Life per Second, and Cooldown Reduction, and are primed and ready for transmogrification

Arma Mortis and Arma Haereticorum, two exclusive collections of helm and weapon transmogrification recipes to distinguish your hero among the champions of Sanctuary
Liber Canis Mortui, an ancient scroll that will summon a loyal Spectral Hound minion to keep your adventurers company

Three additional character slots to accommodate your new nephalem

If you link your battlenet account with your PSN account you also get another bonus item.

The Signet Ring of the Blizzard is a level 11 Legendary ring that will provide your characters with a nice damage bonus as well as a chance to freeze enemies on hit. Thanks to the guaranteed “Level Reduced by 10” affix, the ring can be worn immediately by new heroes.

fvng

can someone explain the trophy situation for the ps3 version? are the UEE trophies being added as a subset to the current trophy set or do fans need to platinum the game all over again?

I would rather my completion percentage drop down to 80% than re-attempt every single trophy

quest

Not Banned from OT
can someone explain the trophy situation for the ps3 version? are the UEE trophies being added as a subset to the current trophy set or do fans need to platinum the game all over again?

I would rather my completion percentage drop down to 80% than re-attempt every single trophy

Read 2-3 posts above yours.

Top Bottom