• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox-One was a shadow of the 360 glories!

Mr Moose

You don't have the update do you?

settings-xbox.png

Duhn duhnnn duuhhhnnn!!

Did they add that with the latest update? They are always trying to install OneDrive even though I don't want that shit and had to remove it twice.

Xbox = OG Xbox from years ago, Xbox 360 = last gen Xbox, Xbox One = this gens Xbox.

As much as the consoles are turning PC-like, an Xbox is not a PC, it's a console. Console wars doesn't include PC (plus I hear their store and stuff is shit).

Mine has Cortana and Phone too, no idea why.
PC.png

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Did they add that with the latest update? They are always trying to install OneDrive even though I don't want that shit and had to remove it twice.

Xbox = OG Xbox from years ago, Xbox 360 = last gen Xbox, Xbox One = this gens Xbox.

As much as the consoles are turning PC-like, an Xbox is not a PC, it's a console. Console wars doesn't include PC (plus I hear their store and stuff is shit).

Mine has Cortana and Phone too, no idea why.
PC.png

They are sneaky. I am about tired of windows 10 every time there is a big update it reverts everything I turn off. Even the stuff I turned off in the registry.

RAIDEN1

Maybe it's the memories of playing Burnout Take-Down, a half-decent Ridge Racer (the earliest entry), the latest entries in Mass Effect, the various Halo games, XBLA being a big player where you'd get games like Guardian Heroes, Speedball 2, Sonic Generations the last great 2D/3D mashup of a sonic game...(some may think otherwise..) just a personal point of view really....Shen Mue also being a PS4 exclusive...fortunately I still have the console, so will soon look to purchase Metal Gear HD collection!!

Mr Moose

They are sneaky. I am about tired of windows 10 every time there is a big update it reverts everything I turn off. Even the stuff I turned off in the registry.

Makes me want to go back to Windows 7 (which I can do easily because I dual boot). It's one annoying thing after another. Restarting randomly after an update while you're doing something was funny/annoying as fuck lol, though I think I fixed that.

The reason xbox one and gaming in general has lost its glory is lootbox culture; we never get complete games. Games nowadays are diseased with a virus which has caused them to wrinkle and shrink in their existence. The other culprit is the DLC which is a terminal illness for a video game since it terminates the very idea of a complete experience.

The only good games in sight are primarily japanese or indie.

Mr Moose

The reason xbox one and gaming in general has lost its glory is lootbox culture; we never get complete games. Games nowadays are diseased with a virus which has caused them to wrinkle and shrink in their existence. The other culprit is the DLC which is a terminal illness for a video game since it terminates the very idea of a complete experience.

The only good games in sight are primarily japanese or indie.

We're getting infested with lootbox shit at every turn it seems, especially EA games with their P2W shite.

I agree about the Japanese games, Xbox One needs more of them, but would they sell enough to be worth it?
(Though they come with lots of little DLCs which cost a shit load if you buy them all).

I'm sorry that Xbox being the superior console upsets you that much. Wait a few years and perhaps the next Playstation will make you happy again.

It's easy to create a console that is virtually a PC with a windows-esque O.S. but Microsoft didn't have a Game of the Year throughout the whole 360 era which says a lot. Nintendo had Super Mario Galaxy, Sony produced Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us. Other winners include GTA V, GTA IV, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption etc. The games surely speak louder than the console's design.

forgedbygeeks

Neo Member
I'm not going to lie, I am a huge PlayStation enthusiast. I love what PlayStation does and think they get it right. At the very least, for me, they cater to all my gaming needs.

That being said, I've always had a second console throughout the years. When I had my PS1, I also had a MegaDrive and a Jaguar. With my PS2 I had a DreamCast and GameCube and with PS3, I did also have a Wii.

I barely had any games for the consoles I mentioned, but the one thing they all had in common is that they all played games that I can't get on PlayStation.

AvP was great on Jaguar, although I had Doom and Wolfenstein on Jag rather than PlayStation. Streets of Rage, Sonic and Toejam & Earl on MegaDrive, as well as a host of other 16 bit classics. Shenmue, Sonic Adventure and Power Stone. I had the Resident Evil games on GameCube and that was literally it. The Wii I owned only for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Resident Evil Chronicles and House of the Dead Overkill, three of which came over to PS3.

The problem with XBOX is that it's never sold me on the games. Eventually many of them originally exclusive to the console come out elsewhere, Mass Effect and Bioshock being great examples. But the Microsoft first party line-up just does nothing for me. The closest they came was Alan Wake, which I can get on PC and Scale Bound which is cancelled.

Having all their exclusives on PC really doesn't give me any reason to own an XBOX. I haven't got the money to invest in a Pro and a 4K TV so I won't be upgrading till the next generation or for the Pro to become much more affordable. So they can't get me on graphics. Visually I still think games from this generation are very impressive so it doesn't much bother me.

My fiancee wants a Switch for Zelda, so we'll get one of those. But Microsoft is literally lacking in reasons for me to specifically need an XBOX.

So, you don't have enough money for a Pro and a 4K TV, but you have enough for a gaming PC to play all the games on your PC at consistent quality that rivals the Xbox?

SebastianM

Current gen as a whole has been very underwhelming imo, I keep trying to convince myself im just aging but the truth is whenever I go back to last gen and ps2 classics I still have as much fun as I did back then.

So, you don't have enough money for a Pro and a 4K TV, but you have enough for a gaming PC to play all the games on your PC at consistent quality that rivals the Xbox?

No I don't. That PC was bought two years ago, I got £200 off the asking price with my staff discount card, used £100 worth of vouchers that were given to me for my birthday in 2015 and spent 12 months paying the remaining £1000 off on finance.

Fast forward to today and I have a beautiful baby boy that was born on the 1st of October and my own place. Something I didn't have, shortly before I invested in the gaming PC. So now I'm working to a budget and haven't bought a new game since Yakuza Kiwami and before that, Nioh, Horizon and Yakuza 0 all in February, and ironically... Exclusives.

Just to answer any further questions you might have about my personal finances, I get paid minimum wage, I work 42.5 hours a week, I'm not entitled to any benefit, my PS4 was a Christmas gift in 2013 so I didn't pay for that and my TV was replaced my Currys in 2016 when my old television died and they couldn't repair it under the care plan I'd been paying for since 2010 so they replaced it with a Sony Bravia 43" full HD, android, 3D and smart TV as there was no 4K TV within the price range that I was given.

Outrun

No I don't. That PC was bought two years ago, I got £200 off the asking price with my staff discount card, used £100 worth of vouchers that were given to me for my birthday in 2015 and spent 12 months paying the remaining £1000 off on finance.

Fast forward to today and I have a beautiful baby boy that was born on the 1st of October and my own place. Something I didn't have, shortly before I invested in the gaming PC. So now I'm working to a budget and haven't bought a new game since Yakuza Kiwami and before that, Nioh, Horizon and Yakuza 0 all in February, and ironically... Exclusives.

Just to answer any further questions you might have about my personal finances, I get paid minimum wage, I work 42.5 hours a week, I'm not entitled to any benefit, my PS4 was a Christmas gift in 2013 so I didn't pay for that and my TV was replaced my Currys in 2016 when my old television died and they couldn't repair it under the care plan I'd been paying for since 2010 so they replaced it with a Sony Bravia 43" full HD, android, 3D and smart TV as there was no 4K TV within the price range that I was given.

Congrats on your child :)

Cloud_9

Neo Member
Holy shit. If salt was ever used in an argument, it is exemplified by the irrational hatred and shitposting in this thread. Xbox One doing better than ever and receiving positive press everywhere + less moderation on NeoGAF = crazy warriors come out and don't hold any thing back.

Salt isn't even the word...it's something bigger although I can't quite put my finger on it yet. Craziest part is, it hasn't even been a month of Xbox One X being out. Imagine the next few years.

Xbox doing a bit better doesn't make it ok (or even logical) to start bashing the PlayStation. If you hadn't noticed, there's alot of that going on now as well. If people want to do that, there's YouTube channels dedicated to that, but don't pretend like one side is innocent

Mr Moose

I'm not 100% sure what's going on in here (I've been drinking).
It's OK to like Xbox One, it's OK to like PlayStation 4, hell, even Switch and Vita (Not mobile phone games though, fuck those guys).
We should get back to our love of games, which consoles play a big part of. Halo, Uncharted, Mario. Past and future games that will immerse us in their world.

The future is bright, the future is... Kinda orange and stuff, with HDR and pretty graphics.

Enjoy games, love each other.

Holy shit. If salt was ever used in an argument, it is exemplified by the irrational hatred and shitposting in this thread. Xbox One doing better than ever and receiving positive press everywhere + less moderation on NeoGAF = crazy warriors come out and don't hold any thing back.

Salt isn't even the word...it's something bigger although I can't quite put my finger on it yet. Craziest part is, it hasn't even been a month of Xbox One X being out. Imagine the next few years.

Absolutely, the next few years are going to be really, really rough on them. I'm grinning from ear to ear at all of the salt in this thread. The X has completely changed the narrative and some Sony centric gamers are clearly struggling to deal with it. It's fantastic.

rmatheso

A few years ago I refused to buy either PS4 or Xbox One, what changed my mind? Backwards Compatibility and streaming. PS4 just did not have BC and I could not play my PS3 games on it. Xbox announced it and when it launched I totally (made my wife get me one for Christmas). I'd rather have the BC then higher rez games on PS4. I do not want my purchases to be left behind. recent OG Xbox games are uprezed to 1080p too! Insane.
As a parent, streaming is a godsend.... I can play whatever wherever in the house at certain times. Both systems do it well.
I hate to think what would happen if Xbox One launched and got it's way with all that DVR stuff. Getting spanked by Sony got them back on track.

rokkerkory

The OG One's mission in life was plagued for sure. Shitty ass drm, always on and kinect crap.

Thank God it's been changed since then and I feel like the X embodies the real essence of what xbox should always be.

Crew 511A

Current gen as a whole has been very underwhelming imo, I keep trying to convince myself im just aging but the truth is whenever I go back to last gen and ps2 classics I still have as much fun as I did back then.

I agree with this 100 percent. In the 16 bit days, there were so many games that interested me, it was impossible for me to get them all. Now? Not so much.

This generation really has been unimpressive. I'm not sure why the XB1 gets singled out where the PS4 gets a pass.

Xbox doing a bit better doesn't make it ok (or even logical) to start bashing the PlayStation. If you hadn't noticed, there's alot of that going on now as well. If people want to do that, there's YouTube channels dedicated to that, but don't pretend like one side is innocent

Based on what I'm seeing here, I'd rather play with them than alot of these Xbox guys.

Triple posting back to back like you're having an aneurysm due to your own hypocrisy; it's very interesting. Lets tear down your response to me here.

You start off by saying Xbox is doing a "bit better," attempting to downplay even the slightest bit of positivity, when it is downright fact that Xbox One has done a complete 180 from launch thanks to new management (Satya, Spencer, Panos).

Secondly, you talk enough people bashing PlayStation like some doe stuck in headlights, incapable of seeing the truckload of shitposting and salt aimed at anything Xbox. What you're really seeing is a combination of a) lack of adequate moderation and b) the absence of a number of certain moderators that turned a blind eye to Sony fanboys but we're very ban-happy to Xbox fans. You're simply now seeing something that was never allowed here before.

Think about it for a second. You and other Sony fanboys are taking offense at a few people boasting about the XBX in comparison to the PS4Pro (in a comparison thread...), or a few idiots saying "B E A S T" here and there, but had no problem with years of Sony fans mocking Xbox in every single DF thread, amongst others?Derailing threads with pixelated Atari-style gifs mocking Xbox 900p vs PS4s 1080p (which, ironically, is a smaller difference than whats going on now), such as this:

http://www.spawnfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SpidermanRG1.gif

Or the Antonio Bandaras one showing a pixelated Xbox One version, where you have pages of response comments with people going "/dead" "shoulda been first post" "amazing" "etc.?

Where you have cboat, who was confirmed by ex-mods on the other forum as a dummy account to leak news here, surprisingly only targeting Xbox with hostility towards Microsoft and Xbox fans, and the plethora of Sony fans feasting on his comments while Xbox fans are banned for criticizing his suspect posts? Wanna-be corporate Sony shills treated as messiahs, such as Pete "famousmortimer" Dodd, who had a huge cult of followers and spread lots of FUD about Xbox before he was ironically banned by being called out from a actual Sony dev?

I can go on and on and absolutely demolish you and certain other people's revisionist history (this was also aimed at a few posters in the other thread that became locked). It's not even like the shoe is on the other foot like people are saying; the shoe isn't even fully on and there's still so much salt and hostility being thrown around.

Absolutely, the next few years are going to be really, really rough on them. I'm grinning from ear to ear at all of the salt in this thread. The X has completely changed the narrative and some Sony centric gamers are clearly struggling to deal with it. It's fantastic.

This is true, but I believe it a combination of the aforementioned as well.

sn0man

The OG One's mission in life was plagued for sure. Shitty ass drm, always on and kinect crap.

Thank God it's been changed since then and I feel like the X embodies the real essence of what xbox should always be.

A few years ago I refused to buy either PS4 or Xbox One, what changed my mind? Backwards Compatibility and streaming. PS4 just did not have BC and I could not play my PS3 games on it. Xbox announced it and when it launched I totally (made my wife get me one for Christmas). I'd rather have the BC then higher rez games on PS4. I do not want my purchases to be left behind. recent OG Xbox games are uprezed to 1080p too! Insane.
As a parent, streaming is a godsend.... I can play whatever wherever in the house at certain times. Both systems do it well.
I hate to think what would happen if Xbox One launched and got it's way with all that DVR stuff. Getting spanked by Sony got them back on track.

I guess I see it kinda the opposite. Xbox DRM has been reduced but is not gone. You still must connect to the internet to even set up the device. Many of the benefits of the OneX require an online patch. All BC is based, again, on online downloads.

Then there are the half-finished games. A friend got a OneS and we rented Forza 7 in late October. Once again, a 45GB patch was needed to complete things like the menus and the car list. As a fan of Forza, it has become a loot-box driven service of a game. It hurts and I wish it were different.

I still have my 360, and I will always love it, but I got a PS4 Pro instead of X1x and I’ve been supremely impressed by it so far. I’ve sat out the generation until now and so far almost all genres feel represented and enjoyable here.

I hope MS pivots for next gen and allows offline profiles and focuses on making games complete products instead of half-baked services. I’d pay more per game if the money is the problem (but based on Sony and Nintendo I don’t think it is.)

gamz

Triple posting back to back like you're having an aneurysm due to your own hypocrisy; it's very interesting. Lets tear down your response to me here.

You start off by saying Xbox is doing a "bit better," attempting to downplay even the slightest bit of positivity, when it is downright fact that Xbox One has done a complete 180 from launch thanks to new management (Satya, Spencer, Panos).

Secondly, you talk enough people bashing PlayStation like some doe stuck in headlights, incapable of seeing the truckload of shitposting and salt aimed at anything Xbox. What you're really seeing is a combination of a) lack of adequate moderation and b) the absence of a number of certain moderators that turned a blind eye to Sony fanboys but we're very ban-happy to Xbox fans. You're simply now seeing something that was never allowed here before.

Think about it for a second. You and other Sony fanboys are taking offense at a few people boasting about the XBX in comparison to the PS4Pro (in a comparison thread...), or a few idiots saying "B E A S T" here and there, but had no problem with years of Sony fans mocking Xbox in every single DF thread, amongst others?Derailing threads with pixelated Atari-style gifs mocking Xbox 900p vs PS4s 1080p (which, ironically, is a smaller difference than whats going on now), such as this:

Or the Antonio Bandaras one showing a pixelated Xbox One version, where you have pages of response comments with people going "/dead" "shoulda been first post" "amazing" "etc.?

Where you have cboat, who was confirmed by ex-mods on the other forum as a dummy account to leak news here, surprisingly only targeting Xbox with hostility towards Microsoft and Xbox fans, and the plethora of Sony fans feasting on his comments while Xbox fans are banned for criticizing his suspect posts? Wanna-be corporate Sony shills treated as messiahs, such as Pete "famousmortimer" Dodd, who had a huge cult of followers and spread lots of FUD about Xbox before he was ironically banned by being called out from a actual Sony dev?

I can go on and on and absolutely demolish you and certain other people's revisionist history (this was also aimed at a few posters in the other thread that became locked). It's not even like the shoe is on the other foot like people are saying; the shoe isn't even fully on and there's still so much salt and hostility being thrown around.

Brilliant post.

Cloud_9

Neo Member

You mistakenly assume everyone cared about what those particular "insiders" had to say. From my experience most people didn't care about what negative things about Xbox these guys had to say, they wanted to see leaks about upcoming PlayStation games from guys like shinobi and verendus.

And if it was so bad to you when PlayStation guys mocked Xbox, wouldn't you need to be consistent by acknowledging that the pro Xbox shitposting is no good rather than just downplaying it. If you hate fanboyism, be consistent on both sides, lol.

You mistakenly assume everyone cared about what those particular "insiders" had to say. From my experience most people didn't care about what negative things about Xbox these guys had to say, they wanted to see leaks about upcoming PlayStation games.

And if it was so bad to you when PlayStation guys mocked Xbox, wouldn't you need to be consistent by acknowledging that the pro Xbox shitposting is no good rather than just downplaying it. If you hate fanboyism, be consistent on both sides, lol.

Your account is not even a month old but you're talking about your experiences with specially crafted rose-tinted shades? Your "experience" means nothing when this place has been called SonyGAF for years, all across the internet.

Secondly, you're the one massively downplaying, as I'm already proved in detail with my previous post. That, combined with all your other (few) posts, show that you're not the one to be talking about consistency and fanboyism.

Brilliant post.

Thank you.

Cloud_9

Neo Member
Your account is not even a month old but you're talking about your experiences with specially crafted rose-tinted shades? Your "experience" means nothing when this place has been called SonyGAF for years, all across the internet.

Secondly, you're the one massively downplaying, as I'm already proved in detail with my previous post. That, combined with all your other (few) posts, show that you're not the one to be talking about consistency and fanboyism.

Thank you.

You ever heard of having more than one account? Or lurking? Lol.

If seeking retribution or whatever for mistreatment of a piece of plastic is that important for you, have at it.

You ever heard of having more than one account? Or lurking? Lol.

If seeking retribution or whatever for mistreatment of a piece of plastic is that important for you, have at it.

First of all, you should probably edit that. You know that admitting having multiple accounts is bannable, right?

And retribution about a piece of plastic when you're the one triple posting back to back against percieved threats against PlayStation, like you're having a panic attack?

Surejan.gif

Cloud_9

Neo Member
First of all, you should probably edit that. You know that admitting having multiple accounts is bannable, right?

And retribution about a piece of plastic when you're the one triple posting back to back against percieved threats against PlayStation, like you're having a panic attack?

Surejan.gif

What i actually meant by that is past accounts. Neogaf was actually overly rough on people over "political" opinions, though I still don't don't about the whole rough on Xbox fans thing.

I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree over the whole console and fanbase thing. I'll enjoy the games I like to play on my preferred platforms, and I'm sure you will as well.

What i actually meant by that is past accounts. Neogaf was actually overly rough on people over "political" opinions, though I still don't don't about the whole rough on Xbox fans thing.

I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree over the whole console and fanbase thing. I'll enjoy the games I like to play on my preferred platforms, and I'm sure you will as well.

Fair enough.

This mofo needs to be locked on the first page. %110 with you on that. Every goddamn DF or any Xbox thread was derailed if it had positive or any kind of news..now look at em, SWAT Sony warriors coming out from left and right..I said that many months ago when the X drops ..."That the Hurricane is coming Nov 7th, and the panic will be Real" i nailed it.

What goes around comes around, stop crying and get with the program, X aint going nowhere and DFs staying in comparison business for a very loooooong time...DEAL WITH IT.

kb8998

Neo Member
I agree with this 100 percent. In the 16 bit days, there were so many games that interested me, it was impossible for me to get them all. Now? Not so much.

This generation really has been unimpressive. I'm not sure why the XB1 gets singled out where the PS4 gets a pass.

ever heard of bloodborne?

microsoft is so done

That post history, Jesus. Irony that only just a few posts up, fanboy corporate lickspittles like this one were what was being talked about. Talk about a backfire, lol.

Btw, Microsoft as a company is actually doing better than ever under Satya, and Xbox has done a complete 180 from launch and the One (S and X) is also doing better than ever. But you won't acknowledge that because you're the equivalent of an unpaid shill, so yeah.

Iced Arcade

the xbox dislike has always been strong here on gaf but wow wtf how is this thread still active at all from every aspect/angle?

nush

I use my XB1 more as an enhanced 360 for the backwards compatible games and a few exclusives. It's not a bad console, just ones I think does not have much of a unique identity.

Kyry

I use my XB1 more as an enhanced 360 for the backwards compatible games and a few exclusives. It's not a bad console, just ones I think does not have much of a unique identity.

Pretty much agree with this.
But thats because I tend to identify consoles by their exclusive library. As such, my xbox doesnt get as much play as the others

louis89

Microsoft threw away all that good will in order to become a DRMed up Kinect media hub, which nobody in the universe wanted.

Rourkey

My PS4 is for old school exclusives live crash, wipeout & singstar
The eco system is just better on Xbox, the desire by ms to maintain back compatibility gives me confidence I’ll be able to play the games again and the online is better, more reliable and secure.

Hopefully playanywhere will become more of a thing as well because it’s amazing being able to switch between pc and Xbox and carry on as though gah nothing has happened.

Top Bottom