• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarabrae

Banned
I dont know if people noticed, but Joakim Mogren's last name has the word OGRE in it. Project Ogre? Kojima. Hmmm.......

Edit: Beaten.

Moby Game Studios = MGS lol

I don't believe that this is Kojima related but I'd be glad if I was wrong.
It isn't called Moby Game Studio. It's Moby Dick Studio. MDS.

I haven't seen the trailer a second time but judging from the engine alone, I don't think it's MGS.

kinggroin

Banned
that lighting, image quality, motion blur sample levels and at times, vertex complexity (all the people in the hallway), looked a bit beyond the capabilities of current gen...

...of course, youtube compression can be hiding a lot here. I dont know.

Empty

i hope this isn't just a clever marketing campaign and ties into the themes of the game like the mgs2 misleading marketing did.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
@supererogatory 6:48 PM
MGS fans: Joakim Mogren appears to be an actual person.
I looked it up and there are actually four individuals by the name Joakim Mogren in Sweden. If any of them have something to do with this I don't know however.

Omikaru

If this isn't MGS (I think it is), I'm kind of sad and happy at the same time for Moby Dick Studio. At the very least, it's talk of the show so far, so I guess it's had the intended effect.

PokéKong

Also compare this to the GZ poster:

tumblr_meoypaxc2j1qk13ju.png

Note specifically the shiny rims around the thighs and shoulders, it's nearly spot-on.

SJRB

Gold Member
Mindblowing if this really is Ground Zeroes.

But like others said - too much coincidences for it NOT to be GZ.

This is awesome.

Empty

if it's not metal gear someone has gone to great lengths to deliberately ape a certain style and feel and exploiting his reputation to convince people that it might be in order to drum up buzz. which is honestly more impressive than it just being a simple kojima fakeout.

Mr. RHC

I really don't think it's GZ. It's Ogre.

Hmmmm, you might be up to something here.

Clever? Seemed so obvious I am not sure why he even bothered with the fake name and studio stuff.

The game looks like a horror game and it could be that tabu Kojima was mentioning all the time.

I think Graphics Horse is really up to something.

Whether or not Ogre and GZ are the same game I'm not yet to say for sure.

Hmm. Didn't Kojima meet with J. J. Abrams earlier today? The trailer had a very super natural feel to it and asked a lot of questions. The trailer reminded me a lot of Kojima Productions stuff and the super natural style is very much like something J. J. Abrams would create. Maybe I'm clutching to straws here... but, there could be more to this than the trailer makes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom