• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Powerball jackpot climbs to $700,000,000 for Wednesday’s drawing

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'd do so much good with that money. Part of me is like "make America better" but another part of me is like "just buy citizenship somewhere else and leave this place behind the second the ink dries on that check."

Me when charities coming knocking at my door:

Rb4v7wD.gif

Preezy

The odds of winning this must be astronomical. Good luck to you all, I hope one of you wins and dies drowning in high-class hookers and the finest champagne.

Lunar15

Were I to win, I'd never show my face. Ever. Can you accept on complete anonymity? I'd also donate a fuck ton immediately, invest a decent portion, and keep enough on hand only to have a minor change in my lifestyle.

I sometimes do the lotto scratchers every few months ( won $500 once) and I've only done powerball when it got to a ridiculously high jackpot. It'd be nice to win some money. I wouldn't even want to take the full prize, just get like 4-5 numbers right or something. Just enough to pay off credit cards and student loans

Good luck, people.

I love dreaming about winning anytime it's crazy high like this.

I'll get a couple dollars worth of tickets. Why not at this point. If I win I'll fund one of those dream games GAF says will never happen.

Final Fantasy VI from the Ultra64 tech demo.

Rootbeer

Banned
Might have to snag a ticket this time. T__T

I'm sure some lunchlady, factory worker, or group of lunchladies/factory workers from a small town somewhere will win it like always. It's rigged.

Mortemis

Banned
I've always read that this causes way more problems than the money is worth, and the odds are basically impossible, so I think I'll keep my two dollars for my broke ass thank you very much.

I would only want to win so I can see all my family members who say lotto money is sinful come to me asking for some.

Eusis

I'd be boring and just buy a really nice place and get all the games and tech gear I want. Initially anyway, the reality of the situation needs to sink in and I'd need to prepare to defend myself from whatever.

So I bought one on Sunday.. it was through the machine, I picked my numbers but when it printed it gave me one set of numbers and then says 5 draws.

Wtf does that mean?

I wanted 5 seperate games. But I failed

snacknuts

we all knew her
Were I to win, I'd never show my face. Ever. Can you accept on complete anonymity?

Rules for this vary by state. If at all possible, you should set up a trust or LLC, sign the ticket over to that entity, and have an attorney accept the winnings on behalf of that entity.

Havok1313

Buying multiple tickets is where it gets close to irrational.

Buying one is fun.

It's only irrational if you are spending money you can't afford to spend. 10 tickets is 10 times more likely to win than 1. 100 tickets is 100 times more likely to win. If a couple hundred thousand dollars is meaningless to someone then why not? /shrug

Top Bottom