• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tales of Graces f English Screenshots

CrazyDude

Game looks good, been trying to hype this like crazy among my IRL friends who own PS3s. Hopefully this game sells out everywhere like TotA 3D seems to be doing. Show Namco the US supports the series.

Well the reason TOA is selling out is do to limited printing of the game.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I really hope this is on a limited print run so it sells out.

I think they are, given that Vesperia's and Dawn of the New World's skits were voiced. Edit: Yeah, it was confirmed.

Even with the implementation of Groovy Chat, they'll come across better if they were voiced than silent. Playing Tales of the Abyss 3DS with silent skits is really weird after having experienced voiced skits in the JP games, lol.

BTW, kayos--if you want, you could put a little something about Groovy Chat in there since it's kinda new (even if it's expanding on Destiny 2's skits), and they usually happen around save points anyway. If you need help with text, let me know but going by your post, it seems like you have it all taken care of already. :D

If you want to help that's cool! I'll probably have a google doc of all the stuff that's going to be in the OT and I'll just need to photoshop it all. If you want I'll give you a link once I start.

Maffis

I really want this game for the battle system. It looks more flash than substance, but something about it still grabs me.

kayos90

I really want this game for the battle system. It looks more flash than substance, but something about it still grabs me.

It's actually a lot more substance than you think. I mean a lot more despite it seeming like mindless button mashing.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Quite the contrary.

If you want to help that's cool! I'll probably have a google doc of all the stuff that's going to be in the OT and I'll just need to photoshop it all. If you want I'll give you a link once I start.
Sure, anytime. I really wish I could help out with the graphics stuff, but I really suck at it still. :/

kayos90

Sure, anytime. I really wish I could help out with the graphics stuff, but I really suck at it still. :/

Same here. I think what I'm going to do for the graphics is start cropping up the alphabet used in Graces, whatever language that is, and the fancy symbols. Once I do that I can make something snazzy.

Oh guys... when you do the OT for the game please make everything in blue like the colors of the game's menu, it's so classic and nice:

tales_of_graces_menu_edit_by_oathkeeper9918-d32v1hh.png

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Same here. I think what I'm going to do for the graphics is start cropping up the alphabet used in Graces, whatever language that is, and the fancy symbols. Once I do that I can make something snazzy.
I think the alphabet is supposed to be like a child-scrawled version of the Latin alphabet to me. It's a running theme that goes with the tree carving scene.

I think it's cute.

3Kaze said:
Most of the players are going to mash with Asbel's A-style anyway.
This depresses me.

Rpgmonkey

I like the style they went with for Graces. The higher resolution is a nice bonus for it too.

Xillia's style doesn't and probably never will really click with me though, reminds me of oil paintings in that the colors can look really deep and muddy at times. I kinda hope they leave that style behind with the next game, I actually prefer the slightly washed-out watercolor look and think that style gives the most faithful rendition of Inomata and Fujishima's artwork.

Skipped out on an import of this for the sake of supporting a Tales localization just this once, but the urge to just buy it has been really strong. Pretty excited for this.

Oh guys.... please please please make a section for BoA and White Wishes!!

She is DIVA and I'm a huge fan of her since 2003 and she deserve a mention and a section in the OT because she is BIG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHP3ikuJ_A&ob=av2n

Here we are, hand in hand
We watch the stars up in the sky, they're shining down on us
We can share everyday, in every way we hold the promise of tomorrow

<3 <3 <3

Toki767

Oh guys.... please please please make a section for BoA and White Wishes!!

She is DIVA and I'm a huge fan of her since 2003 and she deserve a mention and a section in the OT because she is BIG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHP3ikuJ_A&ob=av2n

Here we are, hand in hand
We watch the stars up in the sky, they're shining down on us
We can share everyday, in every way we hold the promise of tomorrow

<3 <3 <3

Do we know if they'll actually use her song or if they'll just use an instrumental version?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
White Wishes is actually one of my least favourite theme songs in the series. I do have the ToG single CD for it, though.

Progress was pretty good, and I'm very satisfied with the single CD for FIVE.

Karma is great because Bump of Chicken is cool.

Yume de Aru Youni was a pleasure to hear because DEEN is great.

Flyaway was just ridiculously catchy.

And for some reason, I have a really soft spot for Ninin Sankyaku despite not liking the vocals much. @_@

kayos90

That's a relief at least. I've been listening to her music since 2002 or something. Definitely am a fan.

Meh, not a huge BoA fan. Not a huge fan of the song either. I'd rather much prefer Progress. Then again, I'm sort of over the days where people use Vocal Songs for the intro. I'd rather have something different. Well, traditions are traditions.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is there ANY chance of this one getting an option for japanese voice selection?
If Namco doesn't care enough about Tales of Graces to issue a PR or email to say, "oh hey, new screens, guys!", and instead they just put them up on Facebook, I'm going to say no.

It's going to be so weird not to hear Takahiro Sakurai's voice coming out of Asbel's mouth. Also, getting used to him not saying stuff like, "Raizanshou, Raizanshou, Maou Engekiha, Juuha Goushouzan, Mamoruuuuuuu" repeatedly at the beginning is going to take time. :lol

kayos90

If Namco doesn't care enough about Tales of Graces to issue a PR or email to say, "oh hey, new screens, guys!", and instead they just put them up on Facebook instead, I'm going to say no.

It's going to be so weird not to hear Takahiro Sakurai's voice coming out of Asbel's mouth. Also, getting used to him not saying stuff like, "Raizanshou, Raizanshou, Maou Engekiha, Juuha Goushouzan, Mamoruuuuuuu" repeatedly at the beginning is going to take time. :lol

I liked how he said Byakuya Senmetsuken. Hmm... I really hope they don't screw up Hubert's voice. Sounded like too much of a BA in the JP.

Maffis

Quite the contrary.

Maybe, but from what I've heard you mash 2 buttons for attacks you have set up before-hand and then dodging and blocking. Doesn't sound very deep to me. But I'm comparing the fighting system to real fighting games so I know I'm pretty harsh.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
GAF should promote this game, kinda like to the extent of Operation Rainfall/Save MML3. :p

Oh and I'm calling it, Troy Baker = Richard or Malik.

Ties

Banned
What are the chances of this being the last Tales Of the West ever gets?

I have a gut feeling it is going to bomb, mostly because of Namco's nonexistent advertising for it.

kayos90

What are the chances of this being the last Tales Of the West ever gets?

I have a gut feeling it is going to bomb, mostly because of Namco's nonexistent advertising for it.

I have complete confidence that this will bomb.

Ties

Banned
That's such a pity ugh.

It frustrates me because I believe that Tales Of can break into mainstream audiences the same way that Final Fantasy games have. The real time battle system is very accessible, and it's just plain old fun. If Namco advertised it like they did with Symphonia, they would easily churn out a hundred thousand with each installment. Abyss had potential, but it really should have been on a Nintendo console because all of Tales' built up audience at the time were people that owned the Gamecube. But the release date killed it, why would you release near an FF game. lol

Makes me really angry, this game deserves to sell well. Namco needs to keep their expectations in check.

CrazyDude

I have complete confidence that this will bomb.

Well it's number in best selling on gamestop canada site.

That's such a pity ugh.

It frustrates me because I believe that Tales Of can break into mainstream audiences the same way that Final Fantasy games have. The real time battle system is very accessible, and it's just plain old fun. If Namco advertised it like they did with Symphonia, they would easily churn out a hundred thousand with each installment. Abyss had potential, but it really should have been on a Nintendo console because all of Tales' built up audience at the time were people that owned the Gamecube. But the release date killed it, why would you release near an FF game. lol

Makes me really angry, this game deserves to sell well. Namco needs to keep their expectations in check.

The reason why abyss was not on a nintendo console is because Tales of games sell better on sony platforms in Japan than Nintendo ones. That is why symphonia hot ported to the ps2.

kayos90

I'll make the google doc for the OT in about an hour or two Schala, so check your message later.

Getting back on topic though, I'm really really shocked at how little marketing this is getting. I knew that it was going to be bad but.... this is like non-existent.

LiK

I'll make the google doc for the OT in about an hour or two Schala, so check your message later.

Getting back on topic though, I'm really really shocked at how little marketing this is getting. I knew that it was going to be bad but.... this is like non-existent.

Prolly spent all their money on the fighters and using interns to work on this. It's pathetic.

CrazyDude

Apparently there are ads on crunchyroll.

Is this game an 8-4 joint?

If you mean 8-4 are doing the translation, than yes. If not, can you tell me what you mean. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
kayos90 said:
Damn, that video still makes me ROFL hard.
It never gets old. :lol

I liked a lot of Cheria's costumes, myself. I didn't really invest in the costumes for Graces, though. I was tempted since some of the BGM changes were nice, but didn't bother to get a JP PSN card at the time. I did dip on the Xillia school costumes, though, because the battle theme was great.

I liked how he said Byakuya Senmetsuken. Hmm... I really hope they don't screw up Hubert's voice. Sounded like too much of a BA in the JP.
Oh yes.

Also... I liked using Hubert manually partially because his Blast Calibers were amazing.

Maybe, but from what I've heard you mash 2 buttons for attacks you have set up before-hand and then dodging and blocking. Doesn't sound very deep to me. But I'm comparing the fighting system to real fighting games so I know I'm pretty harsh.
That's what it seems like on the surface, but until you get used to the intricacies of the battle system and bring the difficulty up to Chaos like I did, it gets more complicated. Certain actions are stronger against certain enemies, and certain techniques need to be lined up and used in sequence in order to steal something, for example.

Of course, the Tales systems aren't for everyone, much like any other game's mechanics.

Thanks. :)
Edit: No rush, though, so take your time. Game isn't out for a few weeks.

I'm really really shocked at how little marketing this is getting. I knew that it was going to be bad but.... this is like non-existent.

That's why we NEED to market this game through GAF like we did with Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles .

And to start that... we need to market this game through the OT title to get the readers attention.

We can do it guys... by the word of mouth we can do it, trust me.

That's why we NEED to market this game through GAF like we did with Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles .

And to start that... we need to market this game through the OT title to get the readers attention.

We can do it guys... by the word of mouth we can do it, trust me.

ENTHUSIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Apparently there are adds on crunchyroll.

If you mean 8-4 are doing the translation, than yes. If not, can you tell me what you mean. :p

yeah. Got brain freeze thinking is this 8-4 ____.

Production? Translation?

Localization might be the proper term lol. They do seem to be the tales localization studio from abyss on. Would love a podcast from them about these games ;)

CrazyDude

yeah. Got brain freeze thinking is this 8-4 ____.

Production? Translation?

Localization might be the proper term lol. They do seem to be the tales localization studio from abyss on. Would love a podcast from them about these games ;)

I think they also did symphonia, same people, but not the same company.

Top Bottom