• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Historia, The Zelda 25th anniversary art book.

tuffy

How can I order this? Do I need to make an Amazon.co.jp account?
Yes. But it has an "in English" link (in the upper right) which switches many of the forms to make the process easier. The ordering procedure is generally the same Amazon.com's.

Mistle

Wait.. holy shit, this has the official timeline and big explanations about it?

I have never cared for it, but if this ends the crazy debates, then hallelujah.

Wait.. holy shit, this has the official timeline and big explanations about it?

I have never cared for it, but if this ends the crazy debates, then hallelujah.

The debates will be about how the official timeline can't possibly be right and Nintendo just forgot that Ganon was sealed during that game so he couldn't have been able to manipulate that guy to do that thing, therefore this game ACTUALLY takes place after that other game.

DarkKyo

But Sheik isn't a previously established character that Zelda co-opted.

Hm, that's not really the idea I was trying to express. Even if I was dressing up to assume the role of someone who wasn't pre-established and they were a girl, that new character would still be a girl while the person playing that role would be male :p

apana

If Nintendo is going to release the timelines they might as well put it up on their website. People are gonna translate it and put it online in a second. I also think you guys should put your best guesses in this thread so we can see how closely it matches to the real thing.

I don't believe this timeline will be in an official context. It'll be "The Timeline (According to the best guesses of the editors of this book)"

edit: Nooooooo!!!!

I don't believe this timeline will be in an official context. It'll be "The Timeline (According to the best guesses of the editors of this book)"

Bit-Bit

The book apparently really will contain the timeline as in, the Zelda timeline, the one fans been debating about for a while now. The whole section with it is dedicated to pages and pages of chronology about the series according to the table of contents. So yeah prepare for shitstorm

Damn. Nintendo should have just trolled for the timeline with a "who gives a shit".

Fat Goron

So, according to that site that goes....

The table of contents is something like:

History of Hyrule

~Finally Revealed, The Genealogy of the Legend~

The Timeline of Hyrule, Kingdom of the Gods………………………………..68
The Legend of Gods and the Hero of Time…………………………………….70
The Downfall of Hyrule and the last Hero………………………………………..92
The Twilight Realm and the Hero’s Descendant…………………………… 110
The Hero of Wind and the New World……………………………………………..122

"Last Hero" that isn't the "Hero of Time"?

bullshit.jpg

History of Hyrule

bullshit.jpg

Well in the Adult Link timeline, Oot Link IS the last hero before Hyrule is flooded and never returned to again

Ooh interesting. That Last Hero stuff is definitely new, I'm guessing that relates to the flooding of Hyrule before Wind Waker. That aside the actual timeline itself isn't new. It only covers the console and DS games which is the timeline we already knew. Guess that confirms my theory that there is no single cohesive official timeline and the only connections are the ones hinted at in the games themselves.

Pretty sure that was nearly everyone's theory

Luigiv

History of Hyrule

Ooh interesting. That Last Hero stuff is definitely new, I'm guessing that relates to the flooding of Hyrule before Wind Waker. That aside the actual timeline itself isn't new. It only covers the 3D console and DS games which is the timeline we already knew. Guess that confirms my theory that there is no single cohesive official timeline and the only connections are the ones hinted at in the games themselves.

wrowa

"The Downfall of Hyrule and the last Hero………………………………………..92"

Am I missing something? Judging by the titles, the part before that is about OoT, while the part after that are about Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. So, what is this one about? It can't be 18 pages of what lead to Hyrule being flooded, can it?

Anth0ny

"The Downfall of Hyrule and the last Hero………………………………………..92"

Am I missing something? Judging by the titles, the part before that is about OoT, while the part after that are about Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. So, what is this one about? It can't be 18 pages of what lead to Hyrule being flooded, can it?

I think it's just referring to Adult Link from OOT.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Available for order at Amazon.co.jp for ¥3,255

But be warned the cost to ship overseas will be significant.
I always find that whenever making orders from Amazon Japan, always order as much as you can to make the shipping fee worth it. They ship express if it's an international order no matter what, btw.

It's $30 in shipping fees to Ontario (around the GTA) from my previous experiences with them, for instance. Pretty expensive.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I'm torn between my hopes that this will appear in English and the possibility that this is the only chance I'll have to buy it. I could appreciate it as a collector's item but have no desire to get it in a language that I can't even read.

There won't be two chapters about OoT, guys.

Last Hero is something else. Probably aLttP.

Except for that making absolutely no sense...the first chapter could cover MM also. Link was technically still the HoT considering the game was as much about manipulating time, if not moreso, than Oot was

I'm bucking the sensible reaction and calling it right now: "The Last Hero" is a preview of this:

legend-of-zelda-valley-of-the-flood-the-legend-of-zelda-2219242-490-293.jpg

...or something similar, coming exclusively to 3DS March 2013.

Believe!

I was planning on importing but for some reason it just seems like it's going to come over to the US. Only problem is I don't want to screw myself if it doesn't come out and the Japanese edition skyrockets in price.

sphinx

the piano man
wow,.... I mean WOW... this book, this piece of zelda memorabilia will put an end to the timeline debate... if I had the money, I'd buy this with no hesitation and I'd read slowly in the night with candle light, in silence.

fuck, if there was a Zelda accesory to buy at a high price, it is this freaking book.

congrats to those with money.

Anth0ny

Legend of Zelda - 4 pages
Link's Adventure & Link to the Past - 2 pages
Link's Awakening - 1 page
Ocarina of Time - 6 pages
Majora's Mask - 3 pages
Wind Waker - 10 pages
Oracle series - 6 pages
Twilight Princess - 32 pages
Phantom Hourglass - 4 pages
Spirit Tracks - 22 pages