• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns (Mercury Steam, Metroid 2 reimagining, 9/15) announced for 3DS

Gartooth

Why was this not in the spotlight!?

TWO FUCKING METROIDS THIS E3!!! Oh you all of little faith, Samus has returned to usssssss! ;_;

I've been saying for so goddamned long that it was inexcusable for Metroid to skip all of the dual-screen systems (DS, 3DS, Wii U) where a second-screen map added so much.

I can't believe the announcement I'm happiest about from the Switch's first E3 is a 3DS game. Perfect swan song for the system.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Why no Switch? Please don't do this Nintendo..

Awesome it's getting remade but come on..

Yep. Lame. I'll pass unless it gets ported. Sold a 3DS off twice already as I just don't like the hardware are all. Not a big Metroid 2 fan anyway.

Instro

Well this explains why they announced MP4 lol, people would be pretty pissed otherwise. I can't believe this isn't coming to Switch as well, but at least it's just a remake.

I guess this also explains why they went after the fan remake as well.

Luigi87

"Why was this not at the spotlight"

Nintendo specified that Spotlight was to focus on Nintendo Switch titles, primarily releasing in 2017.

Revealing new announcements during Treehouse is not new to them.

Pinky

Banned
2 Metroids announced. The naysayers that said no Metroid announcements would happen better have empty stomachs for all that crow!

Goddamb the bombs don't stop. Nintendo destroying nations with these announcements.

Well, I gotta get a New 3DS just for this. METROID is my religion.

Kyuur

I already played AM2R but this will probably be another experience altogether (they mentioned it was a re imagining, not just a straight remake) so I'm down.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Same dudes that made that terrible 3ds Castlevania, yeah?

yep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MercurySteam
American McGee presents: Scrapland (2004/2005, Windows PC/Xbox)
Zombies (2006, Nokia 6680/Nokia N70)
Clive Barker's Jericho (2007, Windows PC/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (2010, PlayStation 3/Xbox 360/Microsoft Windows) - co-developed with Kojima Productions
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (2013, Nintendo 3DS/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360/Microsoft Windows)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (2014, PlayStation 3/Xbox 360/Microsoft Windows)
Raiders of the Broken Planet (TBA, PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Microsoft Windows)

MrBadger

I'd rather it was 2D and sprite-based because I don't really like that 2D 3DS platformer look. Still happy that this exists. It'll tide us over before Metroid Prime 4 blows everyone away

SuomiDude

The game looked bad on big screen, but now that I have it on small window, it actually looks really good. Too bad, Metroid II is the worst Metroid there is, though this might be a huge improvement to it, it at least has new moves and stuff.

Top Bottom