• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rest of the PS Exclusive Destiny Content coming to Xbox in October

Except ironically Sony actually paid to keep that off other consoles back in the PS1 days...

No need to call out his username, because he's right.
Oh word? So your saying both Xbox and Sony do this and it's equally bullshit if u have a memory that's goes back before this gen?
Then I agree.

I see nothing ironic about ppl waiting years for entire games. No matter the context.

BigDug13

People are talking like Destiny 2 is going to launch with enough content to hold player attention. It took Destiny a long time to reach the level of content it now enjoys. This new game is probably going to have enough content that you can blow through rather quickly and many might go back to the greater amount of content of Destiny 1 after they've blown through it.

Caayn

This is insulting. For fucks sake Sony/Bungie/Activision.

Why should we believe that you'll keep your word with the Destiny 2 PS4 "#4theplayers" exclusive content?

Not buying Destiny 2 thanks to this shit.

Dabanton

I feel sorry for anyone that bought this game on xbone. (Myself included, and I even got the version with the most useless season pass ever).

Yep just slap after slap in the face really. Not that I buy CoD anymore, but I could stomach when DLC was exclusive for a month just like I could stomach when BF content was exclusive to PS3 for a month back in the PS360 days.

I can happily say I no longer support shit like this. I know these deals are signed over a couple of years but I hope Bungie must be feeling icky about them. It's not a good look at all.

How long did tomb raider 2 stay of PlayStation ?

At least you weren't able to pay it until it was released.

Now imagine my frustration preordering this game, getting the more expensive version with the season pass, only to find out that the locked content was actually a significant portion of the game, because there's wasn't not much to do. In other games like Batman and AC it didn't matter much because the games were so full of content anyway, but that was far from being true on destiny.

And worst, by the time the content got released they practically forced people to buy the new dlc, which also had its own share exclusive content to be able to use the content you already paid for.

Yeah they just decided to block their whole new game(and eventually series) from almost every platform entirely before, they used to be sooooo different. /s
bungie went from the cool hip pro consumer and independence developer to being a faceless corporation that cares about money bags only

Tecnniqe

Banned
bungie went from the cool hip pro consumer and independence developer to being a faceless corporation that cares about money bags only
Bungie was cool even during the MS days. These days they're full of shit and I'm not sure it's because the company itself is full of goblins wanting bags of gold or if they fucked up signing a bullshit contract with Activision

At least you weren't able to pay it until it was released.

Now imagine my frustration preordering this game, getting the more expensive version with the season pass, only to find out that the locked content was actually a significant portion of the game, because there's wasn't not much to do. In other games like Batman and AC it didn't matter much because the games were so full of content anyway, but that was far from being true on destiny.

And worst, by the time the content got released they practically forced people to buy the new dlc, which also had its own share exclusive content to be able to use the content you already paid for.
Yea I feel you. It's terrible.

Yeah they just decided to block their whole new game(and eventually series) from almost every platform entirely before, they used to be sooooo different. /s

...they were a 1st party studio under contract? Nobody's forcing them to do this shit, besides maybe Activision but they chose to partner with them so they could pump out overpriced DLC at a fast pace I guess.

Lol what? What does Microsoft have to do with any of this? It was activision and sonys doing.

What before today didn't you or anyone understand about the content? It's probably mainly for anyone on 360 still playing destiny, but we all knew this already.

Gamers are gonna feel the same thing when Anthem's content is held back from PS4 gamers. The deal for Destiny 1 will be over and the content will be released in October.. this stuff shouldn't be a shock.

As guy who used to play the hell out of Destiny, I can tell you I didn't give a shit if Xbox gamers had the content or not. But like others have said, this stuff shouldn't be held back at all.. not big community games like Destiny, Cod, or even Anthem. But I'm not shocked at all.

Oh word? So your saying both Xbox and Sony do this and it's equally bullshit if u have a memory that's goes back before this gen?
Then I agree.

I see nothing ironic about ppl waiting years for entire games. No matter the context.

What? If you're trying to refer to Titanfall, Microsoft funded and marketed the game. Sony didnt with the original Tomb Raider; it was just a big fuck you to consumers who didn't have a PS1.

And what does any of this even matter? What Sony is pulling with Bungie doesn't compare even to last gen when Microsoft had 1-2 month timed content.

Even shit like delayed announcements of other versions of games (Diablo 3), removing PC and steam logos in trailers while saying the game is PS4 exclusive (NieR: Automata), suspicious announcements for games coming to other consoles but only primarily announced for the PS4 (Tekken 7, Ace Combat), and the stupid Crash remastered debacle that keeps going back and forth. There's a lot of shit that they get a pass for, so don't talk about "equal bullshit".

What before today didn't you or anyone understand about the content? It's probably mainly for anyone on 360 still playing destiny, but we all knew this already.

Gamers are gonna feel the same thing when Anthem's content is held back from PS4 gamers. The deal for Destiny 1 will be over and the content will be released in October.. this stuff shouldn't be a shock.

As guy who used to play the hell out of Destiny, I can tell you I didn't give a shit if Xbox gamers had the content or not. But like others have said, this stuff shouldn't be held back at all.. not big community games like Destiny, Cod, or even Anthem. But I'm not shocked at all.
according to Microsoft none of their deals have content exclusivity only marketing

Head.spawn

I'm not sure how this is like Fifa at all, that was straight up exclusive content, no? You didn't pay extra to EA in the promise that it was coming at a certain date. I don't think anyone is torn up over the actual exclusive content that is going to PS platform, thats just marketing deal stuff... the issue at hand is that they didn't deliver the promised content when they said they would and it was paid for IMO.

Thats what makes me apprehensive about buying Destiny 2. The part that gets me is they're starting Destiny 2 up saying, "We promise the new Sony exclusive content will be available in 2018!".

After a year.

The same exact tale they pushed with the first game which turned out to be a complete lie, the content ended up being held for two tears instead of one.

I'm not sure how anyone could take them at their word a second time.

DL0QKK.gif

Kinyou

Xbox was suppose to get it earlier but when Destiny 2 got delayed they extended the exclusivity deal with Playstation for another year.
Did anyone sue over this? People did buy it under the promise that the exclusivity only lasts a year, right? It would surprise me if someone could win a lawsuit about Killzones resolution but not about this

Van Bur3n

Fall 2019 for that

Considering this, if we're lucky for even that date.

I may not wait as I'm getting closer to seeing myself not playing Destiny 2. Hell, I already know I'm not getting it day one. After these past couple of weeks, I just want nothing to do with Bungie.

damn, this is like a slap in the face to Xbox Destiny players.

"Oh you want this content? Well here you go"

giphy.gif

Useless to release it after Destiny 2 is out and Sony knows it.

Midas

People are talking like Destiny 2 is going to launch with enough content to hold player attention. It took Destiny a long time to reach the level of content it now enjoys. This new game is probably going to have enough content that you can blow through rather quickly and many might go back to the greater amount of content of Destiny 1 after they've blown through it.

Ehum, no. Destiny 1 is done, I will never touch that after September 5th.

Lucifon

I hate this fucking tug of war bullshit when it comes to content that actually matters....

Hyped as hell for D2 and would rather play it on my XBox (more players for me to play with, like the controller better for shooters, etc.) but I know I'll be missing out on content I'll want so it's pushing me towards playing it on the Pro.

It shouldn't be like that IMO....no matter if it's Sony, MS, Nintendo or whoever.

If anything this should be more justification to buy it on the platform that doesn't have this bullshit to discourage these deals (if you're buying it anyway that is).

Top Bottom