• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

not_so_special
Banned
(04-20-2014, 09:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Pristine_Condition

So basically the argument is "Have you SEEN (an ad for) Titanfall?"

...

is titanfall relevant anymore? i mean the thing shipped and sell a decent amount..but make a dent on anything?
dodgykebaab
Banned
(04-20-2014, 09:47 PM)
I just had to post in this thread so I could come back to it one day. It was legendary.
viveks86
Member
(04-20-2014, 09:48 PM)
viveks86's Avatar

Originally Posted by Verendus

Hm, interesting chart but I don't think it paints a true representation of how things actually are. I mean, you could use this if you had some kind of agenda or you could be sensible and unbiased. In which case, I personally prefer the following:

Are you telling me that we have the exact same handwriting? I have newfound respect for you!
Steroyd
Member
(04-20-2014, 09:49 PM)
Steroyd's Avatar

Originally Posted by upJTboogie

Not sure what the list disproves, I doubt the marketing and development budget of those indie titles match up to games like Titanfall.

And if, and this is a big IF someone isn't into FPS' full stop then those marketing dollars mean nothing.
alatif113
Member
(04-20-2014, 09:50 PM)
alatif113's Avatar

Originally Posted by not_so_special

is titanfall relevant anymore? i mean the thing shipped and sell a decent amount..but make a dent on anything?

I want to see people's opinons on "Titanfall: Fad or Fixture?" and if they think so far if the game is just a fad or is it something they believe can be amongst the ranks of well established shooters based on player counts and how often they play.
Rosur
Member
(04-20-2014, 09:51 PM)
Rosur's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadpixel


Nice chart though would like to see it with November and December added.
jhmtehgamr20xx
Banned
(04-20-2014, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by moneal2001

agree with the majority of the post. Im in us and still don't like any of the decisions MS made at reveal.

The last part I don't agree with. If MS and Sony had went with the DRM. I am a firm believer that the Wii U would have seen a major jump in sales.

No, it absolutely would not. A very modest bump at most, but that's analogous to buying "pro-American"; much less about quality of the product and more about some abstract concept the product barely encompasses.

People wouldn't suddenly buy a system because it doesn't have DRM, they buy them because they have the content and games they want. Nintendo's games (not counting the Wii Sports and such) do not appeal to the majority of the casual or core market. That's why MS and Sony consoles have routinely outsold them, and continue to do so.

Also you're conflating the preorder situation with DRM; that probably had more to do w/ people preferring PS4 for its power, line-up, and good will off the tailend of the PS3 moreso than no-DRM (that was a factor, tho, I'm sure).

Originally Posted by deadpixel

orig - http://i.imgur.com/qSWzny2.jpg

rev v1.1 - http://i.imgur.com/JKjtPoP.png

It's N64/PS1 all over again (in that order).
Last edited by jhmtehgamr20xx; 04-20-2014 at 09:55 PM.
not_so_special
Banned
(04-20-2014, 09:52 PM)

Originally Posted by alatif113

I want to see people's opinons on "Titanfall: Fad or Fixture?" and if they think so far if the game is just a fad or is it something they believe can be amongst the ranks of well established shooters based on player counts and how often they play.

lot of my friends havent touch the game on the past weeks,me myself stopped playing two weeks ago..it was fun..but very shallow...for a full price game and only MP the game lacks a lot of stuff
benny_a
extra source of jiggaflops
(04-20-2014, 09:53 PM)
benny_a's Avatar
Updated it
Last edited by benny_a; 04-20-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Man
Member
(04-20-2014, 09:54 PM)
Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rosur

Nice chart though would like to see it with November and December added.

Ditto.
Paganmoon
Member
(04-20-2014, 09:55 PM)
Paganmoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Beysus

Is that list thread-worthy?

I don't think most people are even aware of Ps4's and X1's line up situation so far this year...

No, it'll only turn into a flamewar I think.
TheRealTalker
Member
(04-20-2014, 09:55 PM)
TheRealTalker's Avatar

Originally Posted by benny_a

Updated it

should add post awe of TF leading up to Game of the Year TF
Salex_
Member
(04-20-2014, 09:59 PM)
Salex_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Beysus

Is that list thread-worthy?

I don't think most people are even aware of Ps4's and X1's line up situation so far this year...

I forsee a ton of "quality vs quantity" comments even though there's only 3 games that aren't on PS4 on that list and they aren't critically acclaimed "GOAT" games.

A good amount of the other comments will ignore those games because they don't have a multi-million dollar marketing campaign. So regardless of the quality or amount of content, they won't exist.
iceatcs
Junior Member
(04-20-2014, 10:01 PM)
iceatcs's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadpixel

orig - http://i.imgur.com/qSWzny2.jpg

rev v1.1 - http://i.imgur.com/JKjtPoP.png

Damn, MS need to open up the digital front. And both lacking of retailers titles - but it is usual for early years.
Biker19
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Salex_

I forsee a ton of "quality vs quantity" comments even though there's only 3 games that aren't on PS4 on that list and they aren't critically acclaimed "GOAT" games.

A good amount of the other comments will ignore those games because they don't have a multi-million dollar marketing campaign. So regardless of the quality or amount of content, they won't exist.

It's ironic, really. There are plenty of great games that aren't AAA.
mnz
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by TheRealTalker

should add post awe of TF leading up to Game of the Year TF

Also, "Prepare for Titanfall" in February.
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:03 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by Beysus

Is that list thread-worthy?

I don't think most people are even aware of Ps4's and X1's line up situation so far this year...

if only to dispel the ps4 doesn't have games narrative some try to put out.
Skeff
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:04 PM)
Skeff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man

Ditto.

Nov/Dec are about the same as Jan/Feb but in bigger numbers, I.e. PS4 has slightly more games, but not many more, in most of the PS4 has no games comparisons there are a lot of PS4 games that never come up such as Injustice, DC:UO, Warframe, Warthunder, Blacklight, pinball, the other pinball game, resogun, contrast etc etc.
CSX
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:06 PM)

Originally Posted by deadpixel

orig - http://i.imgur.com/qSWzny2.jpg

rev v1.1 - http://i.imgur.com/JKjtPoP.png

I am shocked on team green....i mean does this include whatever beens releasing on marketplace? Hell has there been anything releasing on XB1 marketplace?

wow...
jhmtehgamr20xx
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Biker19

It's ironic, really. There are plenty of great games that aren't AAA.

Most great games aren't AAA.
Biker19
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:07 PM)

Originally Posted by jhmtehgamr20xx

Most great games aren't AAA.

That's very true. :)
gundamkyoukai
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:08 PM)
gundamkyoukai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skeff

Nov/Dec are about the same as Jan/Feb but in bigger numbers, I.e. PS4 has slightly more games, but not many more, in most of the PS4 has no games comparisons there are a lot of PS4 games that never come up such as Injustice, DC:UO, Warframe, Warthunder, Blacklight, pinball etc etc.

Yep people don't count a fair amount games for eg it seems F2P games don't count even though one of the biggest maybe the biggest game right now is F2P.
IAmRandom31
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Beysus

Is that list thread-worthy?

I don't think most people are even aware of Ps4's and X1's line up situation so far this year...

Actually the playstation blog helped out with this

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ultimate-list/

which pretty much breaks it all down
casmith07
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:09 PM)
casmith07's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheRealTalker

Eventually when you have a large stack of titles coming out every week of the month the value of the console becomes greater.


Even though some aren't AAA games, multiple indie games create a large library of diversity.

And not only that, I'm a huge fan of the indie offerings that have been coming to PS4.
Kuldar
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:11 PM)
Kuldar's Avatar

Originally Posted by fedexpeon

Wut?
Bound by Flame is PS4 exclusive?

Nope, it will be released on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
Majmun
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:11 PM)
Majmun's Avatar

Originally Posted by IAmRandom31

Actually the playstation blog helped out with this

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ultimate-list/

which pretty much breaks it all down

Sure, but you can't see the X1 list next to it to make a comparison*



*list war, flamebait and permabans
SykoTech
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:12 PM)
SykoTech's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadpixel

*really revealing list*

Is this for real? Wow.

I had no idea. The March part is crazy. April too.
Vashetti
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:16 PM)
Vashetti's Avatar

Originally Posted by Beysus

Is that list thread-worthy?

I don't think most people are even aware of Ps4's and X1's line up situation so far this year...

I've pulled the trigger

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...#post108869565
lord pie
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:19 PM)
lord pie's Avatar
What on earth happened over at MS.

XBL Arcade was fantastic and really changed the dynamics of the previous gen.
XNA / XBL Indie Games may not have been a commercial success, but 3350 games in a few years showed how much mind share it had with developers. I personally invested heavily in XNA and my graphics library has had over 20,000 downloads.

Where did it go?
Paganmoon
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:19 PM)
Paganmoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vashetti

I've pulled the trigger

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...#post108869565

You have destroyed us all...
Vashetti
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:21 PM)
Vashetti's Avatar

Originally Posted by Paganmoon

You have destroyed us all...

bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:30 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar
meh, the "no games", or no "real" games (whatever that means) is really an empty statement when the system (marketed from top to bottom as a games first console) is being sold out consistently since launch.
Ryuuga
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:33 PM)
Ryuuga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vashetti

I've pulled the trigger

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...#post108869565

That thread was short-lived but hilarious nonetheless. Featured some expected responses from regulars too.
TheRealTalker
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:35 PM)
TheRealTalker's Avatar
I could see the PS4 selling another million in May

especially with a WD bundle
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:37 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheRealTalker

I could see the PS4 selling another million in May

especially with a WD bundle


i wonder if its worth doing an MLB The Show bundle.
Iacobellis
Junior Member
(04-20-2014, 10:38 PM)
Iacobellis's Avatar

Originally Posted by jhmtehgamr20xx

No, it absolutely would not. A very modest bump at most, but that's analogous to buying "pro-American"; much less about quality of the product and more about some abstract concept the product barely encompasses.

People wouldn't suddenly buy a system because it doesn't have DRM, they buy them because they have the content and games they want. Nintendo's games (not counting the Wii Sports and such) do not appeal to the majority of the casual or core market. That's why MS and Sony consoles have routinely outsold them, and continue to do so.

Also you're conflating the preorder situation with DRM; that probably had more to do w/ people preferring PS4 for its power, line-up, and good will off the tailend of the PS3 moreso than no-DRM (that was a factor, tho, I'm sure).



It's N64/PS1 all over again (in that order).

It's more like Saturn and PS1 all over again. Even the price announcements were similar.
TheRealTalker
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:39 PM)
TheRealTalker's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigboss370

i wonder if its worth doing an MLB The Show bundle.

I see Sony only doing one bundle per month (of a major game)

they have no need to do multiple seeing as it isn't any major shopping season
Bunta
Fujiwara Tofu Shop
(04-20-2014, 10:39 PM)
Bunta's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigboss370

i wonder if its worth doing an MLB The Show bundle.

I think it would sell decent. I've seen plenty of people say they're tempted to buy a PS4 just because of The Show.
michaelius
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:40 PM)
michaelius's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheRealTalker

I could see the PS4 selling another million in May

especially with a WD bundle

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.
Caayn
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:40 PM)

Originally Posted by bigboss370

meh, the "no games", or no "real" games (whatever that means) is really an empty statement when the system (marketed from top to bottom as a games first console) is being sold out consistently since launch.

You can market the living hell out of one product with a certain marketing campaign but that doesn't guarantee anything. The PS4 "has no games" is more of continuation of the PS3 has no no games joke, which has heavily outlived its funniness.
perk1n
Junior Member
(04-20-2014, 10:42 PM)
perk1n's Avatar
What? Is that list The Truth?
Tabasco
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:43 PM)
Tabasco's Avatar
Excellent.

I just wish there were more console exclusives worth playing. That's pretty much the reason I even bought a PS4.
Sephiroth_VII
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:44 PM)
Sephiroth_VII's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.

I'd be surprised if Sony won't ramp up production temporarily during Sep-Oct-Nov to build stock, as long as it keeps selling at this rate that is.
deadpixel
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:46 PM)
Added Dec & Nov

old - http://i.imgur.com/dMFo1OS.png
old - http://i.imgur.com/pRO0wPj.png

Last edited by deadpixel; 04-21-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Paganmoon
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:47 PM)
Paganmoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.

You don't think they'll have planned ramp-ups in production the coming months, better yields and such?

Genuinely asking here.
CaptainTiptop
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:48 PM)
CaptainTiptop's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadpixel

Added Dec & Nov

Injustice and Resogun didn't release on the Xbone. :)
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(04-20-2014, 10:48 PM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar

Originally Posted by Paganmoon

You don't think they'll have planned ramp-ups in production the coming months, better yields and such?

Genuinely asking here.

Still depends on how extreme the demand becomes.
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:49 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caayn

You can market the living hell out of one product with a certain marketing campaign but that doesn't guarantee anything. The PS4 "has no games" is more of continuation of the PS3 has no no games joke, which has heavily outlived its funniness.

it's not just marketing though, its the way the system was designed.

and yeah, that meme lived out its worth 6 years ago.


Originally Posted by CaptainTiptop

Injustice and Resogun didn't release on the Xbone. :)


lool
Speedy Blue Dude
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:49 PM)

Originally Posted by benny_a

Updated it

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.
deadpixel
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by CaptainTiptop

Injustice and Resogun didn't release on the Xbone. :)

AHHHHHHH fixing

Thread Tools