• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch launches September 22 in the Americas and Europe

Rizzi

Deleted my save game so I could pick the "Americas" region, and sure enough I have English VA now.
Bit of a strange way to handle that really.

Jimbone

Banned
Super glad to read the developments on the XV1 situation. Last night seemed kind of dire.

Also seeing that the character unlocking is done via DLC is interesting too. People can unlock them right off the bat, or choose not to. That being said, as someone who never played any of the Xenoverse games, should I unlock my characters normally in the game? Is there any reason for me not to?

Saiyan-Rox

Has anyones copy from Amazon shipped (UK)? I see the game is showing as unavailable but my preorder still hasn't shipped

Zafir

Has anyones copy from Amazon shipped (UK)? I see the game is showing as unavailable but my preorder still hasn't shipped

No, I complained to them about it twice. First time they bumped me to expedited which changed it to Friday, but then I had to change my payment card and it moved back to Saturday.

Honestly I'm probably going to cancel it and just get it from the US eshop. It's the same price as my pre-order, £37 (assuming the price doesn't change from what is showing), and I'd rather have a digital copy anyway since I have a 200gb sd card.

Seik

Banned
*Sees confusing statements about performance*

*Flashes Digital Foundry's logo in the sky*

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHN!!!

Super glad to read the developments on the XV1 situation. Last night seemed kind of dire.

Also seeing that the character unlocking is done via DLC is interesting too. People can unlock them right off the bat, or choose not to. That being said, as someone who never played any of the Xenoverse games, should I unlock my characters normally in the game? Is there any reason for me not to?

Good question. I'm also curious what happens if you use the DLC after unlocking some manually? There'd be no difference would there? I just think that could cause some sort of issue, maybe not.

Deleted my save game so I could pick the "Americas" region, and sure enough I have English VA now.
Bit of a strange way to handle that really.
You can change languages directly from options on the title screen. The region settings are only for servers, I believe.

Saiyan-Rox

No, I complained to them about it twice. First time they bumped me to expedited which changed it to Friday, but then I had to change my payment card and it moved back to Saturday.

Honestly I'm probably going to cancel it and just get it from the US eshop. It's the same price as my pre-order, £37 (assuming the price doesn't change from what is showing), and I'd rather have a digital copy anyway since I have a 200gb sd card.

I got an email saying they're trying to get my item now my delivery date is pending :/

Zafir

I got an email saying they're trying to get my item now my delivery date is pending :/

Not regretting cancelling my Amazon order last night when it didn't ship out then.

Bought it off the US eshop a bit ago, just waiting for it to finish downloading.

Zalman

The physical version of this is out of stock at pretty much every Amazon right now. I preordered it and it hasn't even been shipped. Seems like they underestimated it hard.

Saiyan-Rox

Not regretting cancelling my Amazon order last night when it didn't ship out then.

Bought it off the US eshop a bit ago, just waiting for it to finish downloading.

Wish I could do that but I used an Amazon gift card to buy the game over a month ago :(

It's really odd to hear that some of you guys are having issues with Amazon. Is it in the US?

I'm asking because I ordered my copy through Amazon and used the gift card later on close to release and it arrived today I just had to go pick it up from the UPS store because I requested it.

Zafir

It's really odd to hear that some of you guys are having issues with Amazon. Is it in the US?

I'm asking because I ordered my copy through Amazon and use the gift card later on close to release and it arrived today I just had to go pick it up from the UPS store because I requested it.

Nah, the UK Amazon.

Wish I could do that but I used an Amazon gift card to buy the game over a month ago :(

That sucks.

If you were really desperate I guess you could still cancel it and use that credit on something else, but you'd have to sink the cost for now until there was another game you wanted.

Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.

Saiyan-Rox

Yeah same happened to me. Had to pick up elsewhere

Nah, the UK Amazon.

That sucks.

If you were really desperate I guess you could still cancel it and use that credit on something else, but you'd have to sink the cost for now until there was another game you wanted.

Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.

Just got this email

Hello,

We're writing to let you know that your pre-order for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Nintendo Switch) has been delayed.

Unfortunately, due to a distribution issue, we haven't received stock of this item in time for the release date. We expect to receive stock on Friday 29 September, 2017 and for your order to be delivered to you by Wednesday 4 October, 2017, at the latest (if you are based in the UK).

We can understand that this wasn't what you expected when you placed your order. If you'd prefer to cancel it, please follow this link.

As a goodwill gesture, we've applied £5 promotional credit to your account, which you can use to purchase products sold directly by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk.

Also got a other month prime which is good, guess more time to play Pokémon while I wait.

Kaizer

Banned
The physical version of this is out of stock at pretty much every Amazon right now. I preordered it and it hasn't even been shipped. Seems like they underestimated it hard.

I'm asking because I ordered my copy through Amazon and use the gift card later on close to release and it arrived today I just had to go pick it up from the UPS store because I requested it.

I'm in the U.S., preordered last week and my order hasn't arrived yet. My Amazon page still says "Delivery date still pending".

Zafir

Just got this email

Also got a other month prime which is good, guess more time to play Pokémon while I wait.

Yeah I got the same email despite the fact I'd already cancelled it. Can't complain at getting £5 I guess. :p

Unfortunately my Pokken copy didn't arrive, but I'm not surprised since I only chose free shipping from gameseek, plus for £25 I aint complaining. Consequently, I'm doing the opposite, playing Xenoverse while I wait. :p

Quick question to those who have been playing.

Is there any way to modify your character after you already created it? For some reason I'm gigantic compared to the other fighters and I look a bit too buff.

Mediking

Yup. I ordered it last night and Amazon claims it won't get here until Tuesday. I'm in the US.

Another Switch game that's gonna sell really well.

Hope it bodes well for DBZ fighters.

Probabrly gonna wait on this one until Christmas shopping.

Dr Thor

Neo Member

Amazon UK is pissing me off with this crap. Second Switch game in a row that I preordered and they didn't ship, and didn't say anything to me about it until release day. Had it happen three other times with PS4 games this year alone.

Do they not understand what a preorder is? The whole point is to secure a copy of something and make sure you get it on release. How do they get this wrong so regularly?

jrDev

So all the extra content is downloadable from the eShop for free. The XV1 story and character unlocks. What was all the fuss about?

Beta Stage

Neo Member
Quick question to those who have been playing.

Is there any way to modify your character after you already created it? For some reason I'm gigantic compared to the other fighters and I look a bit too buff.
There is a way, but it is... annoying to say the least. You have to collect all 7 dragon balls (which is the annoying part) then you have to take them to the hill in the middle of the city and place them on this Dragon Ball pedestal. When Shenron pops up, you have to choose the wish that, I think, says "I want to be gorgeous", or something like that. When you do you will be able to then change the look of your character. As I said, it's kind of annoying, hahaha.

There is a way, but it is... annoying to say the least. You have to collect all 7 dragon balls (which is the annoying part) then you have to take them to the hill in the middle of the city and place them on this Dragon Ball pedestal. When Shenron pops up, you have to choose the wish that, I think, says "I want to be gorgeous", or something like that. When you do you will be able to then change the look of your character. As I said, it's kind of annoying, hahaha.
Wow that sounds....really complicated haha!

What to do...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ok maybe I am stupid but

I have found the free dlc for X1 missions in the eshop but... I can't find the free dlc to unlock the characters

Gh0stie5

Neo Member
Ok maybe I am stupid but

I have found the free dlc for X1 missions in the eshop but... I can't find the free dlc to unlock the characters

I'm in UK and couldnt find it either. Checked the American eShop and was able to download. It works with my UK digital copy at least!

Top Bottom