• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 'Rekindled Edition' mod will make the game near unrecognisable

Dark Souls launched on PC over five years ago, yet still produces loads of neat user-made mods. Recent examples that've caught our eye include the Item Randomizer mod, Enemy Placement, Shovel Souls, and Boss Rush mode, to name but a few.

The latest is a work-in-progress by LordofSandvich, named 'Rekindled Edition', that tweaks over 350 aspects of the base game.

First launched earlier this year, the mod's most recent 2.2 update—Dark Souls Gameplay Rebalance—includes eight new classes and makes multiple tweaks across hundreds of weapons, armour, items, spells, rings, enemies and much more. The full list of adjustments can be viewed here—but one of my favourites has to be the fact those pesky Blowdart Snipers of Blighttown now "only deal 45 toxic buildup."

Moving forward, LordofSandvich wants to continue adding to the above while also changing certain weapon movesets or adding new ones entirely.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-rekindled-edition-mod-will-make-base-game-near-unrecognisable/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: actually, nevermind.

Nev

Banned
Sigh, reinstalling.

Also thanks for making me get my hopes up for some kind of remake with that title.

MUnited83

For you.
Geez what an hyperbole of a title."Near unrecognisable"? It's a balance mod that adjusts a few things. The game is not changing that much to the point of being near unrecognisable.

Hesh

Neat. I'm busy playing through DS2 at the moment but I could reinstall the first to see how different this mod ends up making the game.

Fandangox

I missread the title and thought the mod was supposed to make gear names "near unrecognizable so I was expecting a mod with some Zalgo name generator or something

Socreges

Banned
This thread just reminded me that I have a good PC now and will be able to play Dark Souls without all the slowdown!

Fuck me I wish I had more free time 😞

Mazzo3

There were multiple ways to deal with the toxic blow dart dudes, you could use the spider shield, you could kill them permanently with arrows, or just evade them. Isn't cutting their toxic damage by half too forgiving?

Sullichin

There were multiple ways to deal with the toxic blow dart dudes, you could use the spider shield, you could kill them permanently with arrows, or just evade them. Isn't cutting their toxic damage by half too forgiving?

Well for that change in particular:

-All Toxic sources halve healing.

probably offsets it

Ferr986

Ahh, the dart snipers guys... Im pretty sure those fuckers respawned when I beat Blighttown for the first time...

Rymuth

b40c0a66123db2a1b227cb9dc8fa6edf.png

Ferr986

Pretty tough to find co-op anywhere. PvP areas are mostly empty.

Invasions a plenty though.

I did a playthrough recently and I was surprised to see some signs (and get summoned) in some bosses. I had to download a program to have working online mode though.

I did a playthrough recently and I was surprised to see some signs (and get summoned) in some bosses. I had to download a program to have working online mode though.

Have the same (DS connectivity fix iirc?) and most of my favorite bosses I wasn't getting summoned at all. Tried Artorias, Manus and S&O for prob 30 minutes total and not one summon :/

Still works with a buddy though obv.

Ferr986

Have the same (DS connectivity fix iirc?) and most of my favorite bosses I wasn't getting summoned at all. Tried Artorias, Manus and S&O for prob 30 minutes total and not one summon :/

Still works with a buddy though obv.

Yeah that one. Got summoned a couple of times for O&S and Queelag, didn't had to wait that much. It was during weekend though, I was mainly replaying and then moving onto the next game (was replaying the whole series).

Top Bottom