• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2017

zroid

Banned
Shiiiiet I finished more than half of Mudds SC before finding out how to unlock the secret characters

now i have to play through all the levels again T_T

at least this time I'll play as the Steamworld Dig dude, so... different aesthetics?

Robin64

Another quality RCMDIAX release this week.

H2x1_WiiUDS_Pinball.jpg
WiiUDS_Pinball_02_mediaplayer_large.jpg

Camjo-Z

Another quality RCMDIAX release this week.

I know RCMADIAX barely puts any work into these things and basically just slaps some instructions and copyright info into premade games, so I don't understand why he doesn't just gather up like 10 games and put them into one compilation for a couple bucks. Things like Brick Race and Shooty Space are absolute trash standalone but as part of a collection of quick timewasters they'd be a lot less offensive. I guess that's not as profitable as selling each one for $1.50 to dumb kids who don't know any better.

tolkir

The most depressing thing of these threads is when I see the name of rcmadiax and its uppercases.
I was thinking several times don't mention its titles because I thought he tried boycott the eShop with bad shovelware.

I don't have anything against the developer but the way that he release games could be one of most unprofessional that I have seen in my life. Ninja Pig Studios wins the worst.

Ondore

I know RCMADIAX barely puts any work into these things and basically just slaps some instructions and copyright info into premade games, so I don't understand why he doesn't just gather up like 10 games and put them into one compilation for a couple bucks.

There are a few compilations in amongst the standalone shovelware, but they're like $3 for 3 games.

Camjo-Z

There are a few compilations in amongst the standalone shovelware, but they're like $3 for 3 games.

I almost thought about mentioning them, but as far as I know he has three compilations - Tap Tap Arcade 1 & 2 with 2 games each for $2, and Tabletop Arcade for $3 with 3 games... and aside from including one new game in TTA2 they're all cash grabs to make more money off of games he'd previously released standalone. Atrocious.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
With Thumper out this week, and SFII next week (already out in Japan) it feels like we are running the well dry of known titles with release windows.

Feels like it's time to get more release info on stuff like Pocket Rumble, Overcooked, Stardew, and Hollow Knight.

chronomac

With Thumper out this week, and SFII next week (already out in Japan) it feels like we are running the well dry of known titles with release windows.

Feels like it's time to get more release info on stuff like Pocket Rumble, Overcooked, Stardew, and Hollow Knight.

For sure. We're getting Thumper and Galaxy Fight, another Neo Geo game, Thursday; Disgaea and Street Fighter next week; and then there's a 2-week hole before Cars 3 and Arms show up during E3. It seems unlikely but you have to hope that they announce a date for a couple things in the Direct tomorrow. I was secretly praying for Gungeon in the next couple of weeks but it doesn't sound like it's coming that soon.

tolkir

Reminder: Last two days to reclaim the first free DLC of Blaster Master Zero. People without the game can download it too.

BooJoh

It's exclusive so it's a good game according to Nintendo.

Can't believe this kind of shit is allowed but they turned down Cosmic Star Heroine

This is on Wii U, not Switch. RCMADIAX says they have no plans to develop for Switch yet, but I'm guessing Nintendo just said no.

Pokemaniac

It's exclusive so it's a good game according to Nintendo.

Can't believe this kind of shit is allowed but they turned down Cosmic Star Heroine

It's almost as if the current Switch policies are most likely a direct response to what devs like RCMDIAX and Ninja Pig got away with on Wii U.

jholmes

The most depressing thing of these threads is when I see the name of rcmadiax and its uppercases.

Yeah the insistence on using CAPITAL LETTERS to sell his SHITTY GAMES is the absolute worst.

It's kinda funny to think how the mild success of Blok Drop U got distorted into this mess.

Acorn

This seems as good a place as any to ask a few general questions of what to expect from Switch vc based on past gens.

I haven't had a Nintendo system since N64, so I have tons of games I'd like to be able to buy (Galaxy series, DK, Zelda's etc etc). How likely is it that Nintendo will have those games up for purchase eventually once they launch vc on Switch?

And is it true they have or are switching to account ownership instead of console locked?

Pokemaniac

This seems as good a place as any to ask a few general questions of what to expect from Switch vc based on past gens.

I haven't had a Nintendo system since N64, so I have tons of games I'd like to be able to buy (Galaxy series, DK, Zelda's etc etc). How likely is it that Nintendo will have those games up for purchase eventually once they launch vc on Switch?

And is it true they have or are switching to account ownership instead of console locked?

Nintendo has had account-based ownership since 2012 with the NNID on the Wii U (later also added to 3DS). Though, that system has been replaced by Nintendo Accounts on the Switch (NNIDs still exist, but it's seeming likely that they're mostly a legacy thing at this point).

In terms of games getting VC releases, most of the first party stuff usually will show up eventually once its original platform has been added to VC. The main exceptions are games that originally only released in Japan (barring a few exceptions like Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels or Sin and Punishment), games that have rights issues (some of these are less obvious than others, like the Super FX chip games), or stuff which used obscure features or peripherals that are more difficult to emulate.

3rd party games, on the other hand, depend entirely on whoever holds the rights to them.

Acorn

Nintendo has had account-based ownership since 2012 with the NNID on the Wii U (later also added to 3DS). Though, that system has been replaced by Nintendo Accounts on the Switch (NNIDs still exist, but it's seeming likely that they're mostly a legacy thing at this point).

In terms of games getting VC releases, most of the first party stuff usually will show up eventually once its original platform has been added to VC. The main exceptions are games that originally only released in Japan (barring a few exceptions like Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels or Sin and Punishment), games that have rights issues (some of these are less obvious than others, like the Super FX chip games), or stuff which used obscure features or peripherals that are more difficult to emulate.

3rd party games, on the other hand, depend entirely on whoever holds the rights to them.
That's good enough for me to pull the trigger. BOTW & MK8 will keep me occupied until vc eventually hits. Thanks man.
Edit

Guess I'm not pulling the trigger, like zero stock in the UK. Wow.

watershed

Banned
I just watched the trailer for Thumper on the Switch eshop and I'm sold. It looks fantastic and I'm glad it's going to be technically up to snuff as well. Should be amazing.

BizzyBum

In regard to Rudymical I posted this in the thread made in general but I'll post it here too in case someone was wondering about it (verdict: not that good)

I picked this up because I enjoy rhythm games even though I'm not the greatest but this is kinda a dud for me. I watched a small amount of game footage and thought it was a cool mix of a fighter and rhythm game but the obvious main thing about a game like this besides solid gameplay is the music, and the "music tracks" in this are really, really bad.

It's also pretty barebones in terms of content and options. And forget Lunatic, that shit is literally impossible. lol

deadfolk

Gimme!

jonno394

Great stuff, was getting worried about the state of the eshop for June, Gonner is a start, but hopefully there are many more announced.

Ondore

Yeah the insistence on using CAPITAL LETTERS to sell his SHITTY GAMES is the absolute worst.

It's kinda funny to think how the mild success of Blok Drop U got distorted into this mess.

I've started ignoring the ALL CAPS when listing sales, and that would be the biggest offender.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I seriously hope Switch VC will include GB/C games so every VC console can be on one system instead of having a separate library (i.e. no GBA on 3DS & no GB/C on Wii U).

Also, you can download the ARMS testpunch demo now to be prepared for next week. Times you can play the demo:

DAEECBAVYAEqjuP.jpg:large

zroid

Banned
About to start the final section of Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (5-x) and I've racked up about 450 deaths so far o.o

it sounds like a lot but once you start motoring through the game, it all just kind of flies by, lol

Really fun game overall, tough but rarely frustrating. I don't think I would play it without checkpoints though (I played through the original game before checkpoints were patched in).

edit: ^^^ I totally forgot about the ARMS direct D: I'll watch it now. :lol

Shiggy

Well shit, I got 210 Gold Coins only.
Ninty pls...

Visit the Nintendo website - 30 platinum points
Click on the platinum coin on the My Nintendo main page (in the Mii animation) - 30 platinum points
Visit the eShop - 30 platinum points
Visit Miiverse - 30 platinum points

Those platinum discounts are just 150 points each, so after 3 weeks you can afford both without doing much. If you cannot wait that long, download their mobile apps and do some crappy missions in them.

Platinum points are so easy to collect and are worth nothing.

About to start the final section of Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (5-x) and I've racked up about 450 deaths so far o.o

it sounds like a lot but once you start motoring through the game, it all just kind of flies by, lol

Really fun game overall, tough but rarely frustrating. I don't think I would play it without checkpoints though (I played through the original game before checkpoints were patched in).

Playing these games without checkpoints sounds like a nightmare. In Super Challenge I sometimes would have hoped for more checkpoints, especially in the ghost levels. I also hated the flying bomb dropping enemies.

Tizoc

Visit the Nintendo website - 30 platinum points
Click on the platinum coin on the My Nintendo main page (in the Mii animation) - 30 platinum points
Visit the eShop - 30 platinum points
Visit Miiverse - 30 platinum points

Those platinum discounts are just 150 points each, so after 3 weeks you can afford both without doing much. If you cannot wait that long, download their mobile apps and do some crappy missions in them.

Platinum points are so easy to collect and are worth nothing.

Playing these games without checkpoints sounds like a nightmare. In Super Challenge I sometimes would have hoped for more checkpoints, especially in the ghost levels. I also hated the flying bomb dropping enemies.

Thanks mate I did that and have 300 Plat coins, grabbing me some Picross goodness asap.

Top Bottom