• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Grinchy

Banned
That's actually what I'm trying to do, but somehow people still tries to create their own offers while ignoring what I ask for.

I hate trading, too. When I do a trade, I put it up on at least 3 trading sites at the same time, and I specifically state, "Please only add me if you agree to this exact trade. I don't want anything else." That seems to work out well for me the majority of the time.

Soulflarz

Banned
To be fair they're champ for a reason. They are about 9 ranks and 27 divisions behind you :p

I'm only low plat and even I can tell the difference if I slide back to champ. I just ballchase back to Plat lol.

y-you know my main is like
diamond 3 right

I just happen to only play ranked in suicidal situations :V

I've started using a really odd way of challenging a wall shot that you can't really get into perfect positioning for. If I'm heading in from the side a bit and am a bit slow to catch them I've been jumping for them instead, but then wavedashing into the wall to sort of pinch if off them with the car acting as a paddle to encourage it back downfield.

The whole reason this is weird to me is I can't actually wavedash lol. Somehow I've been pretty consistent at this though.

y-you know my main is like
diamond 3 right

I just happen to only play ranked in suicidal situations :V

Really? I figured you'd hit GC again by now tbh.

Soulflarz

Banned
Really? I figured you'd hit GC again by now tbh.

Nope. I can braindead these ranks, I just played with a LOT with plat friends on my main and when it's not with them I'm playing with gcs on alts and uhm

....spoiler: if a gc isn't able to win in diamond, they're usually throwing because alt and who cares in diamond. We're talking 360 spins or trying to double touch my air dribble. It's not like I care per se but whatever.

I wasn't really good at all mid s3, I only started to get okay end of jan->now imho

Nope. I can braindead these ranks, I just played with a LOT with plat friends on my main and when it's not with them I'm playing with gcs on alts and uhm

....spoiler: if a gc isn't able to win in diamond, they're usually throwing because alt and who cares in diamond. We're talking 360 spins or trying to double touch my air dribble. It's not like I care per se but whatever.

I wasn't really good at all mid s3, I only started to get okay end of jan->now imho

Huh, if I could play at that level I'd probably storm to the upper ranks just for the rewards lol. Outside of that I don't really care what my rank is though at this point. If I get that major breakthrough one day then cool, I'll try for GC but outside of that the grind back and forth isn't for me. Gets frustrating when I care too much about it. Maybe Season 4 or 5 will be my time lol.

Do enjoy running into the GC's as and when though since getting one on my team usually means it's time to try some funky shit and pre-jump with confidence. Would be nice to match up with them more frequently but eh, if it happens it happens.

Soulflarz

Banned
it's actually super easy to improve fundamentally as long as you analyze replays or have someone else analyze them for you.

...well, if you have good gamesense
a gc can take a diamond to gc probably with good gamesense and bad mechanics/reads as long as they aren't getting outright beat to the ball

easier to just play with others for good gamesense- good rl= good habits

Trouble is finding them. On EU at least you get two types of people. Silent ones and ones who just make strange noises into the mic. I've considered trying to sort out a group or something but being 28 I can't imagine it would be easy finding a group I could put up with, all I ever hear on the mic is kids or kids in adults bodies. I just roll without a mic and all mics muted to save the hassle of muting them in game now.

v1lla21

Not needed but preferred. Although people always tend to bitch if you start telling em stuff like rotate or don't hang back way too much.

True.

Suppose I could try LFT or something but I'm only really looking to do some drop in/drop out sorta play and figure most want someone more serious. That's a recipe for anger when I log in for a couple games then leave again or idle endlessly at the menu.

Figured I'll meet more people as I rank up anyway so shall probably just wait on that tbh.

Dunlop

My kid had all his items scammed (PSN), the person started with small trades and then somehow convinced him to "loan" him his items and then fucked off.

While my kid is having a stroke as he spent a lot of money in the game (he's younger). I'm happy it happened now in something trivial like this instead of something more serious

He will no longer trust strangers online (we constantly enforce this, but until it happens they do not understand) so life lesson learned for him and me as I had no idea how the economy in Rocket League worked and assumed he was always only playing with his buddies from school.

That said, I want the scammer shit to be uncomfortable.

He blocked us on PSN, at the moment the only thing I can think to do is either get him banned from the rocket-league site or just comment on all his trades.

Are there any other options available?

edit lol there is a freaking youtube video of him trying to scam until told it is being recorded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sh2qucHZdA&feature=youtu.be

My kid had all his items scammed (PSN), the person started with small trades and then somehow convinced him to "loan" him his items and then fucked off.

While my kid is having a stroke as he spent a lot of money in the game (he's younger). I'm happy it happened now in something trivial like this instead of something more serious

He will no longer trust strangers online (we constantly enforce this, but until it happens they do not understand) so life lesson learned for him and me as I had no idea how the economy in Rocket League worked and assumed he was always only playing with his buddies from school.

That said, I want the scammer shit to be uncomfortable.

He blocked us on PSN, at the moment the only thing I can think to do is either get him banned from the rocket-league site or just comment on all his trades.

Are there any other options available?

edit lol there is a freaking youtube video of him trying to scam until told it is being recorded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sh2qucHZdA&feature=youtu.be

Contact the mods at the RocketLeagueExchange subreddit or make a post during prime time on there about it. If you can link to him trying it with someone else they'll likely ban him and they share ban lists with all major trading sites. Outside of that it's unlikely you'll get much done to be honest.

Dunlop

Contact the mods at the RocketLeagueExchange subreddit or make a post during prime time on there about it. If you can link to him trying it with someone else they'll likely ban him and they share ban lists with all major trading sites. Outside of that it's unlikely you'll get much done to be honest.

thanks, I don't expect the items to ever be returned and like I said it put a real consequence to the preaching I've done with my kids about online security and never interacting with strangers.

...but I'm also vengeful so I'll be damned if the little shit gets off too easy :p

Man, since ditching ranked mode for quite some time I've made good progress in my playing. <3 RL is truly special if I can have so much fun after all this time. I'm not in the same league as most of you but I appreciate the little moments. Slowly getting better at control in the air, solidifying my goal-striking abilities and overall optimizing teamwork with my partners. Good times!

thanks, I don't expect the items to ever be returned and like I said it put a real consequence to the preaching I've done with my kids about online security and never interacting with strangers.

...but I'm also vengeful so I'll be damned if the little shit gets off too easy :p

You may be able to get them returned depending on how elaborate you want to be. I've seen a small amount of items be returned before by setting up to trade with the person from another account then telling them you're recording and you also have a recording of the incident where he stole your kids items.

From there you can threaten to post the stuff and get him banned if he doesn't give the items back. Of course you still get him banned regardless but the threat itself has worked for others before.

Possibly worth a shot if you want to do as much damage as possible

This would all be solved if the Devs just implemented an in game trade house.

Lamest attempt to scam I see often:

"I have dozens of keys, trade me a loot crate, I'll open it and give you the item".

Dunlop

You may be able to get them returned depending on how elaborate you want to be. I've seen a small amount of items be returned before by setting up to trade with the person from another account then telling them you're recording and you also have a recording of the incident where he stole your kids items.

From there you can threaten to post the stuff and get him banned if he doesn't give the items back. Of course you still get him banned regardless but the threat itself has worked for others before.

Possibly worth a shot if you want to do as much damage as possible

My son already had pleaded with him before he came upstairs to tell me so that ship has sailed. He's over it today.

I've bookmarked the site the scammer uses and will check it each morning and will just leave a comment on any trade he tries to make. 3 seconds out of my life to copy/paste, the youtube video helps lol.

He might not ever give my son his stuff back, but at least I'll have a little fun.

Dunlop

My son already had pleaded with him before he came upstairs to tell me so that ship has sailed. He's over it today.

I've bookmarked the site the scammer uses and will check it each morning and will just leave a comment on any trade he tries to make. 3 seconds out of my life to copy/paste, the youtube video helps lol.

He might not ever give my son his stuff back, but at least I'll have a little fun.

This would all be solved if the Devs just implemented an in game trade house.

Lamest attempt to scam I see often:

"I have dozens of keys, trade me a loot crate, I'll open it and give you the item".

I was amazed at how poor the system is for trading (watched a few vids to try and understand what happened). At least have another confirmation screen when the items are locked in

Hasney

Also, why the fuck would Psynoxix make me go down in rank in a game where we had an AFK dude who quit midway through?

Because you lost. If you didn't de-rank then it could easily lead to people getting people to quit so they don't lose rank. It doesn't matter how or why you lost, but you lost.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've learned that side ground passes at midfield just don't work against good players unless it's a 2v1 and the defender is in goal. Even then it's too risky.

Your catch was very nice, though!

They work at all ranks. You just need to space them perfectly without hesitation. I can rewind to 5s before this and I actuly charged because he didn't catch perfectly.

The issue is when people overcommit- the pass is shit or the pass isnt viable, but guy 1/2 stil try it.

Tawpgun

Because you lost. If you didn't de-rank then it could easily lead to people getting people to quit so they don't lose rank. It doesn't matter how or why you lost, but you lost.

If the quitter deranks I don't care. But don't punish me for their idiot behavior.

Other games do this. I think in Overwatch Comp the game gives you the option to leave if someone leaves the team.

Soulflarz

Banned
If the quitter deranks I don't care. But don't punish me for their idiot behavior.

Other games do this. I think in Overwatch Comp the game gives you the option to leave if someone leaves the team.

as someone who lived off ranked OW for a long time, you can leave because a 5v6 is near impossible if 2 teams are similarly leveled. You still derank.

OW counts individual performance though, RL it's borderline impossible to for ranking because theres too many factors.

edit: I don't know the actual formula, but there ARE reasons why I can play 10 matches on fresh accounts with friends and 1 places 1500 and I place in the 3000s when we both go 9-1 together

Have had three amazing games in a row. 2-0 down with 20 seconds left and win 3-2 with a second left. Then two gamss in a row with the saltiest teammates went behind in both and teammates wanted to forfeit within 30 seconds. Dragged both games back to win.

Got called a smurf which is a nice feeling considering this is the highest ranking I've ever gotten!

Grinchy

Banned

I can just imagine people playing 2s and just taking turns being the guy who quit so their losses only result in half the rank loss they would have resulted in otherwise.

LakeEarth

Anyone wanna help someone out / play a few games? I am one achievement away from the platinum, and yes, it is the playing with a friend one. I'm on PSN with the handle LakeEarth.

Or if there's an easier way to get this trophy, I'm all ears.

EDIT - some people added me to their party, I got two to accept friends request, but the group disbanded before starting a match, and the two people I added wouldn't join my game. Can't believe THIS is the achievement that's giving me the most trouble.

ElaboratePleasantAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Can people actually see when I report them? I just reported a person that wrote "twot fucking retards" into the chat after they lost the match. This person then continued to go to my Steam profile and picked an old screenshot of Witcher 3 to comment "kill yourself noob" on it. I laughed my ass off and then reported this person on Steam as well. I always report every person in RL that harasses me or other players, so I've probably reported more than 100 people already. I can only shake my head at people like this, they must have some serious issues.

Grinchy

Banned
My buddy and I just got matchmaking bans after leaving a completed game. Never seen that before.

edit - WTF, did it again. And if we re-start the game, it'll let us matchmake separately and get into games. But once we party up, the 10 minute timer goes back in.

Top Bottom