• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

Delgear

Neo Member
The game seems to move through the story really fast. The game play is pretty cool , but XL in the beginning suck. and thank god the skip when lann starts talking to much

just bought the game at a small price...

guess it's pointless to ask but...

does anybody still have a japanese voice DLC code that they didn't use in their day one edition? I would even pay a little to get it! (really stupid on square-enix part to not make it available later)

Delgear

Neo Member
just bought the game at a small price...

guess it's pointless to ask but...

does anybody still have a japanese voice DLC code that they didn't use in their day one edition? I would even pay a little to get it! (really stupid on square-enix part to not make it available later)

The hard thing is the code for the Japanese version is it's warped up with the other day one editions stuff as far as I've seen.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The game is super straight forward and braindead easy. My only tip? Use the fast forward option. Oh, and another. Shut your brain off. Story is atrocious.

Edit: A third tip. Read all of the bestiary entries. They're absolutely hilarious.

Edit: A third tip. Read all of the bestiary entries. They're absolutely hilarious.

Will do.

Some questions:
-Is there any advantages to not having a mirage evolve?
-Is there a particular mirage that I need to get?
-anything else that I need to know to make my life easier?
-How is the music?

Alright, I'm finally starting this. French localization + Japanese voice acting.

Does any one have any tips for me?

Don't waste time trying to figure out how to get things you don't have the right characters for. For some stuff, you have to come back way later and it's not worth worrying about.

The music is the best part of the game, though that depends on how much experience and reverence you have for FF music as a whole.

Arkeband

Banned
Will do.

Some questions:
-How is the music?

Evolving a mirage just gives you access to a new form, it's not even stuck like that. Keeping it a lower form just means it can be a different stack position (S, M, L) with stat tradeoffs.

Put the battle speed to high, put it back to wait mode for the endgame because some of those fights are obnoxious, try to make stacks that have high stability and pay attention to resists.

I got to the endgame using basically a red dragon and a magitek claw type monster as my L's, spent most of the game in mini form for my protagonists. I doubt those were the best monsters but one stack was for toppling and one healed from any fire attacks.

Navi

I haven't played this game in months but I will say this game was worth getting.
Storyline is meh... music is amazing... game play is pretty good.

This thread reminded me that I bought the soundtrack off iTunes back in December, and listened to it a lot. But just as I haven't play this game in 8 months, I haven't listened to the soundtrack in that long either.

So thanks for reminding me - got my whole workday music list lined up here.

As for the game itself, I played 40 hours of it in one week over winter break, got the first "false" ending, and kind of stopped. It was a case of too much of the game in too short a time and I was completely burned out. Looked like there was still a lot to do after that first ending and I just didn't have it in my at that time. Not sure I could go back to it now without being completely confused.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Will do.

Some questions:
-How is the music?

-IIRC, you gain extra abilities for maxing out mirage's skill trees, and even more if you evolve them and max those out too. Pretty sure you can flip back and forth between any unlocked evolutions too, so go for it. I went for the Platinum, which required looooooots of evolutions. Generally, I preferred evolving one critter into all of its possible evolutions over catching their distinct forms separately. One critter with all three (or however many) of its evolutions unlocked and maxed is stronger than having the three separate evolutions as their own critters. You MAY occasionally need to capture a more evolved form in order to actually open up the weaker form's locked evolution node, but once I was able to evolve the weaker one, I dismissed the redundant capture.

-Nah. Pokemon this is not. Again, I got 'em all. But you'll probably want to keep your teams fluid in order to exploit elemental weaknesses and whatnot. Keep that in mind when you start exploring locations that skew heavily towards mobs composed of the same elements. The game is PISS easy, leveling comes quickly (including catching up new recruits), and it's not difficult to brute force your way through all but the optional super bosses.

-Music is fantastic if you love classic FF tunes. The option wasn't available by the time I got the Platinum, but I believe you can now have the game queue up a random battle theme from all the ones you've unlocked. I recommend turning that on and enjoying the nostalgia. Music's almost as amazing as that Wii Chocobo Mystery Dungeon game.

Ludens

Banned
I have some questions regarding the game:

-how long it is? Of course if you do the main quest only
-are there sides?
-is grinding necessary?

A friend need to lend me the game, but I don't wanna spend 100 hours on it.

awdrifter

I have some questions regarding the game:

-how long it is? Of course if you do the main quest only
-are there sides?
-is grinding necessary?

A friend need to lend me the game, but I don't wanna spend 100 hours on it.

-I beat the game around 60 hours, but I did a lot of the quests.
-There are side quests
-Yes. To get the true ending, you'll have to grind a decent amount, there's a significant difficulty spike at the true ending boss. I have grinded maybe 5 hours specifically to beat the true ending boss.

I played this on a PSTV, the grinding and repetitiveness was getting to me at the end. I think if you play this on a PSVita on the go, and only grind for 30 mins or so each day you'll have a much better time. This game is fun in small duration.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
So, guys, can anyone tell me how to make the Cactuar Conductor appear on the Colleseum? I have not found a way to trigger this, yet.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Anyone else knows if I can capture Ultima Weapon with the old "Gravity+Faith" trick anymore?

I am trying it with a 1500+ stacked Magic stat with my 63 lv Nightmare and it does not work.

Top Bottom