• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
what vpn are people using? tunnelbear and flyvpn arent working for me

vyprvpn lifetime limit reached too

Does Lincoln have a romantic interest in the game? I wanna see the guy happy.
I'm pretty sure they've shown that kind of thing in the trailers but whether or not it's a good relationship remains to be seen

Tbh I think Lincoln is at his happiest when he's stabbing people, and I'll be happy to help him with that

Nyx

I will do a later walking the walk video to cover all this but for mine time in it, there is a ton to like here when it comes to that. Lots of open stores too

Nice!
Going to pick it up first thing tomorrowmorning.

Oynox

I do not know why but the fact that there is no speed limit (or punishment for crossing red lights) is really killing the atmosphere :/

Coming lost launch as a free update due to community feedback. Why they thought to develop an open world game in 2016 with no clothing customization I have no idea.
When I first read about this I was like "who cares he looks fine" but then I saw the pic of him bald with a leather jacket and I need it

Dude looks like the Terminator

Posted this in another thread, but now I'm thinking the OT is a better place for it.

Anyone else preorder with Amazon? My copy still hasn't shipped. Says, "Shipping Soon." I had this happen with King of Fighters 14, and it ended up being that I wouldn't get it until 2 days after release. Same with Star Fox. I'm considering canceling my order and going with regular retail. Hate how sometimes they shirk on their "release day delivery" guarantee, and then act like they aren't at fault. Has anyone's Amazon order shipped yet?

I order about 50% of my games from amazon (the rest from best buy) and they always, always, always ship a day or two before release and I still get it release day. I think for most urban customers it works out fine, as their shipment warehouses are 1-2 days away by FedEx/UPS/Amazon delivery, but it will add 1-2 days for some customers that are just on the edge of the delivery envelope.

The storms on the east coast are going to play havoc with delivery anyways I think, if you absolutely want to play this weekend probably better to grab a copy in person at best buy or gamestop.

So it sounds like the PC and xbone ports are terrible, anyone hear issues with the PS4 port? Now I regret ordering the deluxe instead of regular. I'll still play and trade it in when I am done, but probably long before the season pass content is out.

Mediking

I do not know why but the fact that there is no speed limit (or punishment for crossing red lights) is really killing the atmosphere :/

... But yet at the same time... police officers are staring at you while you are just driving and that does fit the atmosphere.

Let a videogame be a video game.

So it sounds like the PC and xbone ports are terrible, anyone hear issues with the PS4 port? Now I regret ordering the deluxe instead of regular. I'll still play and trade it in when I am done, but probably long before the season pass content is out.

Giant Bomb are playing PS4 live right now, looks pretty damn solid.

dreamfall

Holy shit

Simulation driving is amazing fun

The feedback is 'chunky' and heavy in terms of feel.

Fishtailing lincolns car is awesome. But it may not be to everyones taste.

This is the best thing to hear. I can't wait until I get back to try it tonight. Still pretty upset about the framerate cap :/

dreamfall

I want so badly for this game to shine. I'm so excited about Lincoln, about the '60s, the atmosphere, the music, everything.

I can't wait to dive into the story and check out how taking over rackets works, collecting Playboy magazines and exploring New Bordeaux. I'm really amazed that the team created a game like this, and I hope it succeeds.

It's just sad that they didn't pay much attention to the PC version - it's going to impact a lot of good the game has going for it.

dcassell

Banned
This looks janky in a Saints Row 2 kind of way, where the game is a little broken but it's all the more fun because of it. Very excited to pick my copy up tomorrow. Storytelling and VO looks to be on point.

Labrys

Is there any idea when this is going to become available on the HK PSN store? I have some credit on there I'd like to use toward this.

dreamfall

This looks janky in a Saints Row 2 kind of way, where the game is a little broken but it's all the more fun because of it. Very excited to pick my copy up tomorrow. Storytelling and VO looks to be on point.

Saints Row 2 is up there with my favorite open world games ever, so that's high praise! I can't wait to experience the story. Do we know how safe houses work? Do vehicles feel varied and different when driving?

dcassell

Banned
Saints Row 2 is up there with my favorite open world games ever, so that's high praise! I can't wait to experience the story. Do we know how safe houses work? Do vehicles feel varied and different when driving?

I've pretty much just said that watching what Giant Bomb has been streaming today. I personally don't know, but their impressions have been pretty good so far as far as the opening goes.

Blimey, watching the GB stream and damn it may just be me but the story where they ended was super effective and i'd only watched 45 minutes! If i got along with GTA type games i'd be interested in this one given what i've seen so far.

Yeah, Story and VO seem pretty damned good from the little i've seen.

If you own both consoles what would be the reason not to,play it on a more powerful console?

Haha you do have a good point. I mainly wanted to buy it on the xbox because I don't have many games for it,but someone earlier said it isn't a good port and someone on Reddit said it isn't that bad. I might just get it on the ps4.

mileS

Their version of dynamic weather is extremely off putting. Watching some videos of daytime driving and the lighting/shadows are all over the place. The clouds are moving so fast you can have a huge chunk of land go from half shadow to full and clear all within a couple seconds. It's one of those things once you notice its extremely distracting and its hard to tune out. Could just be a problem with cloudy days but how this made it in the final game the way it is... I have no idea.

Posted this in another thread, but now I'm thinking the OT is a better place for it.

Anyone else preorder with Amazon? My copy still hasn't shipped. Says, "Shipping Soon." I had this happen with King of Fighters 14, and it ended up being that I wouldn't get it until 2 days after release. Same with Star Fox. I'm considering canceling my order and going with regular retail. Hate how sometimes they shirk on their "release day delivery" guarantee, and then act like they aren't at fault. Has anyone's Amazon order shipped yet?

I pre-ordered with Amazon and it claimed it was supposed to ship yesterday, but now its on "Shipping Today" as of right now. This is only the 3rd game I've ever pre-ordered with them, and the first one was fine but also in 2013, the second one No Man's Sky was a complete fuck up on their part as they shipped it UPS on the release date and claimed it would get delivered when I know UPS doesn't do same day deliveries. I'm an hour away from an Amazon Fulfillment center.

partyboy

does anyone know, or can figure out, where the control settings are stored for the PC version?

i changed wasd to esdf and i could move in every direction except forwards. i changed it back to wasd and again, i can move in every direction except forwards. i can change "up" to any key and it no longer works. ie, i can't move forward. fun

i'd delete and re-download the whole thing but it's 45gig and i have a data limit so i'd rather not. i can deal with the absurd 30 fps cap, but this is kind of a hindrance

Redlogic

What platform? More impressions!

The PS4 version looks really good. The game can be a bit rough around the edges, but the city is really gorgeous to run around in. The driving is really well done, and the gun play has weight to it. When you blast someone with a shotgun, it hurts you to see it yet it feels so right. I absolutely can't wait to get home from work and play it, just a few more hours to go. It's an easy buy if you enjoy open world games, and this one stands out because of the story it attempts to tell. Can't comment on how it all plays out, as I'm about 4 hours in so far.

Tried to pre order this on PS4 today, but kept getting a message saying my CC wasn't valid. So I said fuck it, pre ordered it on XBL with no problems. I guess Sony didn't want my money.

partyboy

does anyone know, or can figure out, where the control settings are stored for the PC version?

Users\<username>\AppData\Local\2K Games

yeah one of the usual suspects, I guess I missed it in my initial sweep. deleted it and now i can move forward again. yay

anyway, I had played it for about 2 hours already. impressions: feels like a mafia game. gunfights and sneaking around feels really solid and fun, although it's too early to say how good the AI actually is or not. cars don't handle great but better than expected. i like the zoom in/shudder effects when you hit the brakes at high speed

i like the washed out "haze" aesthetic, works for me. and yes it looks better in motion than the screenshots

very story heavy, which usually irritates me, but it's very well done so far. faces are impressive

Top Bottom