• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want crossplay on PS4? Make your voices be heard.

Sanador

I like cross-play on PSVR with Oculus and Rift owners like we have on Star Trek Bridge Crew. On PS4 though, I don't see a need at all. Plenty of players, and all my friends and family are on PSN.

tmlDan

Lot's of people did not read my scenarios on why crossplay would be nice to have...

Here I will make it easy,

"If after just reading the description you don't know why you should want it, let me try (lol) to paint you a picture of a possible future for gamers.

You are going on a trip with family or even alone. You or your kids or friends take your mobile devices with you and when bored use them to play x game while on the road, at the hotel or wherever you please. You are having tons of fun progressing through the game with friends online or alone. Now, you arrive home exhausted and want to sit and relax so you boot up device of choice and load up x game and pickup where you last left off.

OR

You are at the office, you play x game with your co-workers when taking breaks. Some on mobile devices some on PC some on console. X game has a shared world. The clock ticks the magic number and it's time to go home. A bunch of fellow employees ask if you are going to be on and you say yes. You go home and can choose whatever device you desire to load up x game and jump back in with your friends in the same world.

This whole time you never had to stop and think about what companies hardware ecosystem you had the game on and that you had to build your life around in order to make this happen."

Still don't care, that scenario is so rare..

VariantX

That's the one aspect of it that doesn't really get much prominence. Portability of your experience to every platform you own without worrying about which walled garden you in is a delicious concept.

It would incentivize double dipping for some games too especially ones with portable versions. Had BF4 on PS4 and PC and wished I could at least migrate my progress across platforms. I also played mobius FF seamlessly between my low powered cell phone then back on my PC on steam with 60fps visuals.

So, in the midst of bills, bills, IRS evasion notices and warning, I found a letter from SIE in today's mail!

Even warranted the use of my Castlevania letter opener, which turned out to be pretty useless, since the letter ended up being ripped apart anyway.

I digress, here's what was written.

n2d616k.jpg

Par for the course response, but I was honestly not expecting anything. Happy to see they at least remember their older properties, too!

So, in the midst of bills, bills, IRS evasion notices and warning, I found a letter from SIE in today's mail!

Even warranted the use of my Castlevania letter opener, which turned out to be pretty useless, since the letter ended up being ripped apart anyway.

I digress, here's what was written.

Par for the course response, but I was honestly not expecting anything. Happy to see they at least remember their older properties, too!

This is still awesome though. It shows that someone actually read it and your thoughts where heard.

Pretty cool.

This is still awesome though. It shows that someone actually read it and your thoughts where heard.

Pretty cool.

I agree, pretty nice that they're aware of it. Hopefully we can continue to make an effort to get crossplay going.

maybe even BC!

Awesome to see :D Getting mail always feels like a treat in the first place these days.

Oh yeah, no one really does snail mail these days except me. Always nice to see letters from someone that isn't asking for 💰

CookTrain

Don't stop guys

Unfortunately we've pretty much spent our capital for the time being. There isn't much more we can do until the consequences start dropping. So either when Rocket League comes out or Minecraft updates. That's the next milestone.

Either that or another developer steps up to talk about it.

CookTrain

Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now.

From the Fortnite OT

Posting this since me and a gaffer just found out about this disappointingly:

EA PATCH NOTES 1.4
By The Fortnite Team

Xbox
Fixed a rare audio crash on Xbox One.
Per policy discussion with Microsoft, removed ability for PC friends to join players on Xbox One

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/ea-patch-notes-1-4

PC can't cross play with Xbox players anymore as of now.

In a word. Bollocks. Can't be blowing hot and cold on this Microsoft.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Well I mean Sony does have more cross platform multiplayer games.

Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now.

In a word. Bollocks. Can't be blowing hot and cold on this Microsoft.

Jesus man, just told my brother today to buy the game (PC) so we could play together (PC & PS4).

If they remove PS4 PC crossplay...bucket of cold water.

CookTrain

Jesus man, just told my brother today to buy the game (PC) so we could play together (PC & PS4).

If they remove PS4 PC crossplay...bucket of cold water.

They'll keep PS4/PC I imagine. They seem to have collaborated much more closely with Sony, hence crossbuy and such.

Eurogamer and Engadget picked it up:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-ark-survival-evolved-ps4-xbox-one-cross-play

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/22/ark-survival-evolved-no-cross-platform-play/

But it does seem like Sony's plan of just waiting it out will work in the end. I'd really like to see this happen but I'm not confident it ever will. Maybe if enough games offer Xbox/PC/Switch and Sony becomes an island...

Maybe this will help in any way...man, what a game changer crossplaying would be in some games.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I honestly don't care, it's just not that huge of a deal. I'd rather them focus on something more important to me personally like BC.

Top Bottom