• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want crossplay on PS4? Make your voices be heard.

FF14 is not available on xbox because of Microsoft crossplay networking policy.

I see some forum users complain about Playstation while turning a blind eye to ms policy.

Either he/she is a hyprocrite or a xbox fanboy
No, some of us just want cross play support embraced now that its becoming more common.

It's obvious you're the fanboy here. It's endlessly tellinh when people like you pop into threads like this just to call other people hypocrites over old news.

Shin

Banned
FF14 is not available on xbox because of Microsoft crossplay networking policy.

I see some forum users complain about Playstation while turning a blind eye to ms policy.

Either he/she is a hyprocrite or a xbox fanboy

I can name fingers and point names! lol
Still waiting on the Black Ops feedback from people.

Jagernaut

sometimes? this is the 6th thread born out of Sony's anti-crossplay policy with other platforms besides PC, and in every single thread there's been a huge defense in favor of Sony

Maybe because only a minority of people give a shit? You can't force people to care about something.

Oresama

I liked and re-tweeted every tweet containing #PS4Crossplay and will continue to do so as long as people keep tweeting.

Lets Gooooo!

0ec76deb9cab72c6bfc8516cf3447a6e0aa2e068_hq.jpg

BigEmil

Longetivity matters!

Don't just all do it now then slowly stop later on just like the #BetterPSN campaign you have to consistently nag them anywhere and everywhere you can to where they will think enough is enough and they give in :)

Maybe bump this thread once a while to give people a reminder too, all until this is fixed.

I just want Rocket League + Minecraft new exclusive update cross-play on PS4! Especially the Minecraft one which lots of Playstation fans whether they're kids or nephews etc will miss out on many stuff which will not be available on it unless this happens

itsFizz

What on earth are you talking about?

Let me guess: you're gonna talk about Keyboard and Mouse like all games are shooters without considering we can seperate KB/M players like GTA V has been for two years now

No I simply do not want to create a billion new accounts and have even more companies sell off my personal information. Also I do not trust MS to not abuse the system as soon as it is established. Just my 2 cents.
EDIT: I see enough Console warring on these forums I do not need them in my rare online gaming exploits as well.

KampferZeon

Neo Member
Why should it matter? This mentality is of scoring points in a consolewar.

Who did what first or whatever should have no bearing on whether we should walk through the door that is now open. We have an opportunity to effect change right now.

Ff14 is still not available on xbox. So i feel to a gamer this is a bigger issue.

If you are geninue in what you want to do. You must know that xplay only comes when every industry player is on a level playing field.

Some kinds of api standard to make it happen.
A universal login credentials system perhaps.

Crossplay will not work if the only option is to use a Microsoft account login.

If that is the case for PS4 cross-play (I have an option to turn it off) then I'm not against it.

I want options to play against only PS4 users.

Edit - No 3rd account sign-in please.
I hope so, too. I always turn pc matchmaking off in SFV. Way too much lag and cheating (I think)

So where can I sign for keeping crossplay away? I really do not like the idea of it and only see trouble down the road...

I hope you're not playing Rocket League cause you're playing with pc players. Even though you have an option to shut off cross play you should still tweet Sony and tell them to remove it entirely. No option is the best option!

Xpliskin

From a business point of view:

Consumer wants to play a game with his buddies.

If he can only do that by buying a ps4, consumer would be more eager to buy a ps4.

Maybe because only a minority of people give a shit? You can't force people to care about something.

like I said here, only a minority of people complained about

-Ps3's boomerang controllers

-sixaxis controllers' lack of rumble support

-cole's initial redesign for infamous 2

-Mass Effect 3's ending

-mS's drm policies

-Nadine Ross in Uc4

yet, the vocal minority made a difference. also, no one said anything about forcing someone to care. but no one forced anyone to come in for sony's defense either

No I simply do not want to create a billion new accounts and have even more companies sell off my personal information. Also I do not trust MS to not abuse the system as soon as it is established. Just my 2 cents

Some ol' bingo board bullshit. Keep on with the mental gymnastics, I'm not gonna waste my time again with you people lmao

Shin

Banned
old news.

I have to disagree it's one of the more established MMO's at the moment and a very successful one at that.
Case in point it ain't old news, it's still very much a thing and the game is very very alive.
Yet for some reason people are ok with it, so I wonder who's being hypocritical (just sayin').

I for one don't care! If it is implemented at least give me the option to chose. Dont want to end up chatting with the likes of crapgamer and co.

AudioEppa

Look I will actually support this if two things are guaranteed to happen at the same time as it becomes available.

Make cross chatting available. And disable party chat.

Deal?

tkalamba

Look I will actually support this if two things are guaranteed to happen at the same time as it becomes available.

Make cross chatting available. And disable party chat.

Deal?

I'd be down for this, party chat has made playing solo online boring. As long as muting people blasting music etc is still an option I would support this too.

KageMaru

You realize that's the whole point? Sony and MS are doing whatever it takes to gain a MAU. Sony, via the peer pressure of their 60M user base and MS with Minecraft extortion.

I'm sorry I didn't realize Sony and MS were paying gamers to give a shit about who has a larger MAU or root for anti-consumer practices.

If this catches on, and I hope it does, it can have negative long term effects for Sony. My Minecraft loving buddy regrets buying the PS4 version instead of getting it for his Xbox he rarely plays. I'll be hesitant to buy future games on the PS4 that support this feature and all of my PS4 owning friends have noted this decision.

it's pretty close-minded to judge a platform brand's entire community by someone like that.

I am sorry, but at least to my knowledge i do not know if there is a douchebag that comes even closer on ps. Not to mention that even MS endorses their behavior.

Again if this happens, I want the option to remain and play within the ps community.

KaoteK

I tweeted@ yosp and PlayStation a couple of days ago about this, will do again. Sony are cutting off their nose to spite their face on this one.

Utter stupidity.

Kayant

Not true at all. For one, Psyonix has gone on record to say that they have what it takes to make Ps4 x Xbone x Switch x PC work, they just need Sony's permission. They also said it's very simple. So really, it's not that we have too big expectations, it's that you have a misconception.

So I'm inclined to believe cross play would actually be easier for devs.
Did you read my post? I wasn't talking about that I was talking about like expectations like voice chat integration, cross-party systems(Not private lobbies like in RL).

This is what Psyonix have said in the past on that btw.

What do you mean by "you people"?

The same mix of Sony die-hards and board juniors who have been shitting up these threads for days now, with ignorant spin clearly meant to portray Sony in a positive or pragmatic light, and posts that, quite tellingly, present only a head-canon perspective of Papa Sony for consideration, without pondering shit from a consumer stand-point

Ff14 is still not available on xbox. So i feel to a gamer this is a bigger issue.

If you are geninue in what you want to do. You must know that xplay only comes when every industry player is on a level playing field.

Some kinds of api standard to make it happen.
A universal login credentials system perhaps.

Crossplay will not work if the only option is to use a Microsoft account login.

What?!?! That makes no sense. What is going to happen is every company that want's it will figure out a infrastructure to allow it. Devs will code for it. Minecraft's implementation may be different from Rocket Leagues. This is ok as long as it works. There doesn't have to be some sort of standard.

Minecraft runs on MS dedicated Azure servers. Other games will need their own servers as well. It will be different on a game to game basis and it will be up to the devs and companies behind them to make it as smooth a process as possible if they want it to fit in and be as successful as possible.

If there was only one standard allowed that would leave no room for innovation.

EmiPrime

I am sorry, but at least to my knowledge i do not know if there is a douchebag that comes even closer on ps. Not to mention that even MS endorses their behavior.

Again if this happens, I want the option to remain and play within the ps community.

He's not an omnipresent boogieman lol.

Mikey Jr.

Do you only know PlayStation owners? A few people have echoed this sentiment and I was curious. Maybe because I hop around to various platforms all the time but I have different friends on the Xbox, PS4, and PC and it sucks needing to double dip to play with all of them.

Yes, only playstation owners.

Also, I don't play MP games too often, so I guess there is that too.

The same mix of Sony die-hards and board juniors who have been shitting up these threads for days now, with ignorant spin clearly meant to portray Sony in a positive or pragmatic light or arguments that see only the perspective of Papa Sony and never that of the consumer

It was a joke.

So where can I sign for keeping crossplay away? I really do not like the idea of it and only see trouble down the road...

hey we finally found one that's against crossplay, feel free to start your own petition to remove PS4 PC cross play in games like Rocket League and SF5

Boke1879

like I said here, only a minority of people complained about

-Ps3's boomerang controllers

-sixaxis controllers' lack of rumble support

-cole's initial redesign for infamous 2

-Mass Effect 3's ending

-mS's drm policies

-Nadine Ross in Uc4

yet, the vocal minority made a difference. also, no one said anything about forcing someone to care. but no one forced anyone to come in for sony's defense either

This isn't getting NEARLY the attention of MS's drm policy or even Mass Effect 3's ending right now.

Did you read my post? I wasn't talking about that I was talking about like expectations like voice chat integration, cross-party systems(Not private lobbies like in RL).

This is what Psyonix have said in the past on that btw.
That reddit post was from a year ago. Here's what they say now:
”It's literally something we could do with a push of a button, metaphorically. In reality it's a web page with a checkbox on it. All we have to do is check that box and it would be up and running in less than an hour all over the world. That's all we need to do."
https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/14/so...4-its-the-push-of-a-button-away-says-psyonix/

if you're talking about chatting with cross platform players, even if that's not possible now, simply allowing cross play now can pave the way for further integration of cross play in the future. meaning this gen if cross play is a reality across the board, then next gen making party chat over all platforms would be the next step devs and publishers work on. but the first step is saying yes to cross play.
Yeah, tell me about it...

It kind of blows me away that any consumers are actually against cross-play.
Poimandres! How you doing man?

I think the people who care about this think way too much of themselves.

There are dozens of you.

Weren't Sony the ones saying they were open to crossplay a bit back? It's hypocrisy in it's most monetized form.

Regardless, it would be nice to have, but the most important crossplay for me is VR crossplay. I have a Rift and friends have PSVR, I want to play games with them!

quest

Not Banned from OT
I think the people who care about this think way too much of themselves.

There are dozens of you.

So you are saying mine craft players on the PS4 won't care about being left behind with a gimped version. Just because it does not affect a game you play does not mean it could affect 100s of thousands of players.

Spasm

As a multi-platform gamer with friends on both consoles, it sure would be neat if I didn't have to maintain two separate Destiny careers, two different Titanfall 2 careers, and could play Wildlands with my PS4 buddies (have not [yet] double-dipped on that one).

Shin

Banned
This isn't getting NEARLY the attention of MS's drm policy or even Mass Effect 3's ending right now.

Because it's a small minority that keeps pushing for it, the same people can be seen in all 4 threads and probably the most posts in said thread as well.
That just tells me that people don't find it important enough (at least not at the moment from the looks of things).

my point is the vast majority of consumers who bought those products didn't complain. it was a community of people on the internet who complained and those people don't represent everyone - just like we don't represent everyone.

itsFizz

The same mix of Sony die-hards and board juniors who have been shitting up these threads for days now, with ignorant spin clearly meant to portray Sony in a positive or pragmatic light or arguments that see only the perspective of Papa Sony and never that of the consumer

Dude If they can make it so I can turn it off and DO NOT have to create new accounts then they can go for it. However as far as I know this is not the case.
An actual idea would be a seperate company that offers such a service to all platform holders/publishers leaving me with 1 account that would ideally work on several devices, or alternatively one account that is being given to one additional company. That I could live with.

Also, why does my Junior status matter to you?

CaptainClaw

"I don't want/care cross-play blah blah...Microsoft/Nintendo didn't earn it....Microsoft didn't want it last gen so its only fair for Sony"

Jheez some of you need to grow the *uck up...how old are some of you?....Please, Please I'd love for someone to tell me why this wouldn't be a good thing

Top Bottom