• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Jarate

Banned
WASMMsn.jpg

zulux21

How does non canon peace even exist?

I mean fundamentally if you have enough influence you can make the history books all report that peace happened during a time of war, and over time that lie would become the accepted truth.

meaning everyone would believe peace has happened, when in fact the cannon was war.

Jarate

Banned
a lot of human history is fairly "fake" in the sense there's a huge amount of missing history from the dawn of civilization that the only sources we have are very biased ones

caliph95

I will add as someone who did History in a high school as one of my "electives"

Historians take account that the sources leftover will have some sort.of bias and philosophy is basically nothing is unbiased even Historians since they will be debates due to different interpretation and they're are basically school of thoughts on this

And so the best they do is cone with an interpretation that makes sense based on evidence

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees Geostorm bombed*

I can't believe people aren't thrilled to go see a movie about the world collapsing around them right now.
Probably didn't help that from what I've heard, the movie was originally finished in 2015, but it got a rather negative reaction from test audiences & they spent another $15M on reshoots.

...Also, the idea of "terrorists have taken control over the weather" sounds like a Captain Planet episode or something that Dr. Wily or Dr. Eggman would do as a silly tongue-in-cheek thing, not something meant to be a super serious topic.

Or people are bored of disaster movies and they are no longer impressive
or maybe people have realized that reality has become its own disaster movie.

caliph95

It's 2017 no one cares about disaster movies and you get your destruction in your average action or superhero movie anyway nowadays

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hate movie theaters these days. They're too expensive and all around not entertaining to even buy the tickets these days.
Aside from Wreck-it Ralph & Pacific Rim (and their upcoming sequels), I can't legit think of the last time I was truly excited for a movie (The Simpsons Movie & Scott Pilgrim are the only others I can think of) without discovering "...oh, it's not going to be shown at my theater, guess I gotta wait for a home release". It's rather rare for me to have a reaction to a film that isn't just "eeh, seems alright" or "meh, I don't see how this is unique", and when I DO want to see something, it's either Rifftrax or something that's not being shown in my town.

Granted, my logic growing up was "well, I'd rather use the money on a game that'll give me hours & hours of content rather than a film that'll only last 90 minutes that stays the same each viewing" due to my limited funds, plus I tend to be "one & done" with films unless I could watch it for free on TV.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah movie pass has me going to the theater near weekly. There is a large nice one that's really close to me which also helps.

Tenumi

Banned
My parents are seemingly obsessed with disaster movies. Feels like they've probably watched every disaster movie on Netflix. Which is apparently a lot.

caliph95

Since we talked about Madea

Here's the origin of Madea Halloween

Tyler wasn't planning to make it but after in Top Five (amazing film by Chris Rock) made a joke about a Halloween Madea film that was released in the movie story

The studios like that joke and decided to make it for real by approaching Tyler

So it's Chris Rock fault

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Since we talked about Madea

Here's the origin of Madea Halloween

Tyler wasn't planning to make it but after in Top Five (amazing film by Chris Rock) made a joke about a Halloween Madea film that was released in the movie story

The studios like that joke and decided to make it for real by approaching Tyler

So it's Chris Rock fault
& apparently, it was filmed in SIX DAYS. It didn't even take a week to film everything, yet still somehow cost $20M to make.

Having seen only clips via reviews, half the movie is just people repeating the same damn lines over & over.

caliph95

& apparently, it was filmed in SIX DAYS. It didn't even take a week to film everything, yet still somehow cost $20M to make.

Having seen only clips via reviews, half the movie is just people repeating the same damn lines over & over.
They fill up time by just making long repetitive jokes

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Real question, why do people dislike the anime version? I get the complaint of "it just follows each case so closely to the point you might as well play the game", but I don't get why people HATE it.

Not saying it's amazing or anything, it did what it was suppose to do; retell the games in anime form. Probably did a better job than the Danganronpa anime which tried to cram the entire game into 12 episodes.

Grexeno

Real question, why do people dislike the anime version? I get the complaint of "it just follows each case so closely to the point you might as well play the game", but I don't get why people HATE it.

Not saying it's amazing or anything, it did what it was suppose to do; retell the games in anime form. Probably did a better job than the Danganronpa anime which tried to cram the entire game into 12 episodes.

It follows each case so closely and also completely fails to hit the climactic parts well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It follows each case so closely and also completely fails to hit the climactic parts well.
But wouldn't people complain if they DIDN'T follow the cases? Heck, they cut some details down, like one character from the first game barely getting any screen time during an investigation & didn't even adapt the first case of the 2nd game (which makes sense, it was the tutorial case). I couldn't imagine them thinking up new cases that were exclusive to the anime when they'd rather save them for a sequel, especially since people would probably complain "man, I wish I was PLAYING this case instead of just watching it". Unless they changed the case up so clues or the murderer was different, but that would still involve thinking up a new case to be solved. I don't know, it sounds like people would've complained either way. The best I can say is it's absolutely okay. I'm glad I saw it, but I have no desire to revisit it.

Absolutely valid complaint about the climatic parts, I won't argue with that. At least it's better than some of Capcom's other anime attempts, like Devil May Cry which I heard was a snoozefest.

Edit: If you found it boring/dull, then that I also understand. If you've played the games, then yeah, you're gonna know the story beat for beat. It's just not the type of anime I feel as though is worth getting angry about.

Did a 4.5 mile hike today. Ended up going to this walking trail today. First time driving out to the place, though around the half way mark I realized there was technically no real "end point."

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm going on a long hike with my dog tomorrow morning. Probably the last weekend of warmish temps and there is a hike through some wetlands I've been wanting to do for a while now.

Top Bottom