• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Ok? Replace IT with Fultz and the issue remains. Drummond doesn't fit Stevens' offense.

It sounds more like a "we don't need an ineffective defender who can't stretch the floor at the C" problem.
I personal think Drummond or Nerlens or another one of these athletic defensive Cs can work

Bread

Banned
the great coaches build around what they have, they don't force a certain type of offense on a personnel group if it doesn't fit. brad is a great coach. also every center doesn't need to be a stretch 5.

it sounded like moving him to the 4 would be an issue
Moving our stretch 5 to the 4 would be an issue. It would be taking away the mismatches that make him so effective while taking him away from the basket on defense to cover quicker players. The Celtics need a 4, not a 5.

LionPride

Banned
Moving our stretch 5 to the 4 would be an issue. It would be taking away the mismatches that make him so effective while taking him away from the basket on defense to cover quicker players. The Celtics need a 4, not a 5.
Horford wants to play 4

He'd be better at the 4

Drummond is such a bad fit for the Celtics, I don't even understand this discussion.

Have you watched them play? They thrive because of the spacing and versatility that Horford provides at the C position. Bringing in a guy who needs to be under the basket to be successful would be a huge issue. IT couldn't get to the rack because of the clogged paint and Horford would be forced to cover 4s. The Celtics need to find a rebounding 4 who can stretch the floor, not an old fashioned center.

I disagree, I think they need a legit tough big to pair with Horford to free him to point forward to his heart content. Not a super slow guy, but not a stretch 4/5 either. Keeping Horford at the 5 I'd love Kenneth Faried, moving him to the 4 then Nikola Vucevic or Nerlens Noel would be nice.

They absolutely don't need a Ryan Anderson kind of guy, they need a stout dude.

Bread

Banned
I disagree, I think they need a legit tough big to pair with Horford to free him to point forward to his heart content. Not a super slow guy, but not a stretch 4/5 either. Keeping Horford at the 5 I'd love Kenneth Faried, moving him to the 4 then Nikola Vucevic or Nerlens Noel would be nice.

They absolutely don't need a Ryan Anderson kind of guy, they need a stout dude.
I agree, I don't want a Ryan Anderson either. But I especially don't want Vucevic, he's a disaster on defense. I'd love to try and pry Favors from the Jazz.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He made a good decision

That's fair

I just liked someone like him or Nerlens on the Celtics at the 5 and Horford at the 4

Nerlens is a totally different story. See I think somebody like Nerlens is worth more money than Drummond after the past year and a half. The one thing that sucks about nerlens is his health.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'd much rather give Zizic a shot than give Nerlens the kind of money he's going to get paid.

Not saying I would, just saying I'd rather him than drummond since he's more affordable and his skillset is more valuable (defense, athleticism, blocks, etc.)

Not saying I would, just saying I'd rather him than drummond since he's more affordable and his skillset is more valuable (defense, athleticism, blocks, etc.)

Yeah, Nerlens would probably be a better deal than Drummond but I'd rather not have either of them.

I agree, I don't want a Ryan Anderson either. But I especially don't want Vucevic, he's a disaster on defense. I'd love to try and pry Favors from the Jazz.

Vucevic would be a good buy low candidate like Danny loves so much, and if the thinking here is solely about the future he'd be a good stop-gap solution (2018 draft has insane big men potential with Porter, Ayton, Bamba, Carter). But I agree, Favors would be just the perfect target.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Vucevic would be a good buy low candidate like Danny loves so much, and if the thinking here is solely about the future he'd be a good stop-gap solution (2018 draft has insane big men potential with Porter, Ayton, Bamba, Carter). But I agree, Favors would be just the perfect target.

Mo Bamba is the future.

beat

Still hilarious people think this.
http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612744/onoffcourt-advanced/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Playoffs

For the 2016 playoffs,

GSW's net rating iwith Dray on-court: 9.8
GSW's net rating without Dray: -5.2

By far the biggest difference for any player. (and this was pretty much true of 2015 too, but Dray wasn't suspended in 2015 and also Curry was much much better in 2015 than 2016 by the stats...)

SLAM Magazine @SLAMonline

Durant says he's not to blame for NBA's parity problem.

"Am I the reason Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston?"

He had more to say:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nba-villain-ignoring-outside-noise/102163092/

“Like I'm the reason why (expletive) Orlando couldn't make the playoffs for five, six years in a row?” he said. “Am I the reason that Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston? Like, am I the reason that they're not that good (laughs)? I can't play for every team, so the truth of the matter is I left one team. It's one more team that you probably would've thought would've been a contender. One more team. I couldn't have made the (entire) East better. I couldn't have made everybody (else) in the West better.”

what, was he supposed to say "no thank you" to the most talented team in the league and good money? don't hate the player, hate the game.

Parity is the league's problem. Individual players are trying to win. Individual teams are trying to win. I have never thought "oh, I shouldn't take a job at this place because then they'd be too good."

(also I am not the KD of my industry, but anyways.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom