• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

Will I not be the only person to be watching live!?

I'm somewhat tempted to go to bed early and wake up for it, but... I really need my sleep and I don't have a DVR at my current residence ><. Why couldn't they make this an afternoon game in Japan? At least then it would also air early enough where I can watch it at home live.

bryehn

Not sure if its legal in here to ask for a stream, but if it is and someone finds one of the bluejays could they post/pm me the link. Otherwise void this message.

Yeah it'll get voided allright.

Man, MLB.TV on Xbox is a steamy POS, buffering, cutting streams off, etc.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I just performed the hot water trick with this low crown cap to get a snugger fit. Seems to have worked heavenly. Still waiting on it to dry a bit more, but I think I finally have the formula for a perfect cap down!
what kind of cap is this?

Yeah it'll get voided allright.

Man, MLB.TV on Xbox is a steamy POS, buffering, cutting streams off, etc.
you need a consistent 3mbps connection on the pc, i assume its the same for xbox.

Windu

here is a great article on MLB Advanced Media. Hints at some more teams offering in-market streaming this season.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/164/major-league-baseball-advanced-media-bam

I wonder when MLB.TV will be big enough to say fuck you to the TV Networks and allow for in-market streaming for all teams. Probably be awhile.
It's the standard on field 59Fifty caps they use. There is a "low crown" variant which is very difficult to find. The materials are the same as the original, just doesn't look silly.
hmm interesting. I'll have look into it. The 59fifty caps never look right on me.

Flunkie

Banned
Is MLB.tv better on Xbox or PS3? I've never been too impressed with the PS3 version.

But if Netflix is any example, one version can be vastly superior (PS3) when compared to the other, horrible, horrible version (Xbox).

Windu

http://shop.neweracap.com/nshop/pro...-LWCRNPERFALTBRA&view=detail&groupName=MenMLB

Like I said before, Modell's was the ONLY place that carried them. Most likely you'd need to place an online order. New Era does a piss poor job of marketing them.
yeah no one near me really sells Braves hats anyway. Whenever i am in Atlanta (most of the time just the airport) i always go looking for stuff but i can never find a good hat. This might be just what i need.

RBH

The Seattle Mariners open the 2012 season against the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday &#8212; but it&#8217;s not your typical baseball evening starting at 7.

No, the teams begin the regular season in Tokyo as the featured teams in this year&#8217;s MLB Opening Series in Japan. First pitch is at 8:04 p.m. Japan time &#8212; which, for us in Seattle, is at the convenient time of 3:04 a.m. Wednesday.

The game will be on Root Sports, with the pregame show starting at 2 a.m. The game also will air on 710 ESPN Seattle radio at 3 a.m., and will be rebroadcast immediately after it ends.

Root Sports will rebroadcast the game at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, if you want to wait.
But odds are you&#8217;ll hear the result by then. More broadcast information is available on the Mariners website.

The Mariners and Athletics will play again in Japan on Thursday. First pitch is scheduled for 2:04 a.m. Seattle time. As with Wednesday&#8217;s game, it will be broadcast on Root Sports and 710 ESPN Seattle radio. It will re-air on the radio immediately after the last out, and Root Sports will rebroadcast it at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/baseball/...o-watch-the-seattle-mariners-opener-in-japan/

Parch

I used to win beer bets thanks to Jack Cust when he was in triple-A. If he got a strikeout or walk I would win. Anything else and my buddy would win. I never went thirsty.

Windu

I used to win beer bets thanks to Jack Cust when he was in triple-A. If he got a strikeout or walk I would win. Anything else and my buddy would win. I never went thirsty.
those are pretty good odds with just about any player

edit: ok, well its probably more like 30% with a good player. But with Jack Cust? Jack Pot.

aFIGurANT

http://shop.neweracap.com/nshop/pro...-LWCRNPERFALTBRA&view=detail&groupName=MenMLB

Like I said before, Modell's was the ONLY place that carried them. Most likely you'd need to place an online order. New Era does a piss poor job of marketing them.

So is low crown referring to the top being placed closer to the forehead? Or the neck? I could see different people thinking both would be useful but it seems like these are just for the people with shallow(?) domes.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This image is in my Target ad this week. What a fucked up family lol

458527_10150690954129939_507684938_9467414_588511815_o.jpg

Poor As dont even get any love

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...nt-major-league-baseball-season-opening-japan

This is without a doubt the DUMBEST thing MLB has ever done. Forget the fact they're opening in Japan, it's the idea that these games count in the standings, but after they're done they go home and play more Exhibition games? WTF???

That's pretty fucking retarded. Start the MLB season while everyone is also still playing in Cactus/Grape Fruit league games. Oh, and when you're done, go back and play exhibition games again.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...nt-major-league-baseball-season-opening-japan

This is without a doubt the DUMBEST thing MLB has ever done. Forget the fact they're opening in Japan, it's the idea that these games count in the standings, but after they're done they go home and play more Exhibition games? WTF???

The last time they did this was in 2008. The Red Sox and A's played two games in Japan during the last week in March that counted as regular season games (home games for the A's). They came back and played more exhibition games.

It was fucking stupid then and I thought they'd never do it again.

Opening Day lineups:

Mariners:
1. Chone Figgins - 3B
2. Dustin Ackley - 2B
3. Ichiro Suzuki - RF
4. Justin Smoak - 1B
5. Jesus Montero - DH
6. Mike Carp - LF
7. Miguel Olivo - C
8. Michael Saunders - CF
9. Brendan Ryan - SS

SP: Felix Hernandez