• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes II |OT| Alas, Thou Art getting a Switch Port Hero

I honestly forgot this was coming out this week. Too deep in that Puyo Tetris and MK8 hype.
Guess I'll have another game to play tomorrow!
So glad Maribel made it in. <3

Tanston

Wish this had couch co-op so I could play with my son. But still hyped for this release. I loved the first game even though i've rolled off most of the other musou games that i've tried.

johnsmith

remember me
Bianca and Nera aren't in this? Preorder cancelled!

jk my copy already shipped. But removing characters is super lame.

Vamphuntr

How's the Co-op? Any restrictions? Can you play as your heroes or do you play as the other party members in Co-op? Do you keep exp and progression?

I'm not a fan of the first one but co-op makes this more interesting to me.

TheCed

I don't see
the Main Characters from the first one on the cover.
Are they in the game ?

Already bought it, I loved the first one. Can't wait to play again.

Bitanator

How are the quests in this one? the first I got really tired of going through the motions even though I loved the game, I had to put it down, I felt like it was wasting my time. I hope this game is more focused than the first I'm ready to support anything DQ either way

Pizza

Still gotta finish up the first game and builders, also I fucking love when saves from other games unlock stuff. Absolutely one of the coolest mechanics/gimmicks in gaming and not enough publishers do it.

Jinaar

Pre-order for - Dragon Quest I Hero costumes

Uggg, I won't pre-order the game but damn, would I love to have those costumes. DW1/DQ1 was my first ever RPG growing up as a little runt.

Arkeband

Banned
Pre-order for - Dragon Quest I Hero costumes

Uggg, I won't pre-order the game but damn, would I love to have those costumes. DW1/DQ1 was my first ever RPG growing up as a little runt.

So an exclusive Builders statue AND an outfit for DQH2 is tucked away in a digital-only, full-price PSN purchase? Woof.

I was initially excited to see that my save files for Builders and Heroes 1 would unlock stuff in DQH2, but this is gross.

Bad Square Enix.

Bladenic

Lame that the digital version gets extra costumes. They probably won't release them as DLC either.

My order keeps saying shipping soon but still arriving tomorrow. I was gonna cancel to save money and I have little time but I forgot until today and it wouldn't let me cancel it. Oh well, I'll try to squeeze some time in during the weekend. The demo was okay, wasn't crazy about the way any of the characters played strangely enough.

Just started downloading--backlog is huge and currently playing Nier but I just can't wait to play this. Loved the first game and hope this is just as good

1upsuper

Looking forward to playing this in the coming days. DQH1 was the only musou I've ever stuck with and I'm sure I'll enjoy 2 just as well. Of course, I buy everything DQ-related anyway.

I'm in. I was kind of going to pass on this until a later date, despite liking the first game a lot, but the demo sold me on this game as something I'd start investing time into right away (given what a big backlog I'm building right now). I like the nudge into the ARPG realm that this game takes over the first, though both strike me as pretty distinctive from a typical musou game.

I liked the demo. It's somewhat different with the first game, mainly due to its huge pseudo-open world field. Though the combat is still pretty similar and I fear that I'll get bored in a few hours like in the first game. If only the game has local coop I'd pre-order this in a heartbeat.

Neolombax

Just finished Andromeda...and was thinking of finishing Horizon...and now this suddenly releases?! Didn't think it would release so soon.

Had a blast with the 1st game.This year is tough on my wallet!

Unison

I'm excited to see the reviews for this...

Love DQ, but didn't like DQH 1's overreliance on Tower-Defense style gameplay.

Will be picking this up tomorrow.... don't feel the need to wait for the Switch port given the downgrade in graphics and the fact that DQH1 being included is no selling point at all.

Caim

I don't see
the Main Characters from the first one on the cover.
Are they in the game ?

Already bought it, I loved the first one. Can't wait to play again.

They were added as free dlc characters for the multiplayer.

BahamutX83

Neo Member
Did they remove multi-player for the western release?? I can't find any open games or create a lobby AND the multi-player section of the in game manual is blank...Like you can select it and you can see the arrows for page flipping, but there's no actual page...

Please tell me I'm just being dumb.

Neolombax

Did they remove multi-player for the western release?? I can't find any open games or create a lobby AND the multi-player section of the in game manual is blank...Like you can select it and you can see the arrows for page flipping, but there's no actual page...

Please tell me I'm just being dumb.

Maybe the feature is tied to a story point? Have you started the story yet?

BahamutX83

Neo Member
I've reached the story point, and have the first area(s) for it unlocked. It seems to be unlocked but even if it's not, why is that section of the manual blank?

Maybe there's an incoming patch after the weekly PSN maintenance?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm actually kinda tripping off that you can play this+the first game on switch already, if only they had English...

Evilmaus

So does this game consist of characters from all the previous games like World of FF or something?

I've never played a DQ game and want to make sure I'm picking a good place to start.

I liked the demo. It's somewhat different with the first game, mainly due to its huge pseudo-open world field. Though the combat is still pretty similar and I fear that I'll get bored in a few hours like in the first game. If only the game has local coop I'd pre-order this in a heartbeat.
i liked the demo except for the music changing every five seconds you get in a battle. Jesus that was annoying.

Still everything else was good fun and I loved the first game.

1upsuper

So does this game consist of characters from all the previous games like World of FF or something?

I've never played a DQ game and want to make sure I'm picking a good place to start.

Yeah, it's got a cast of characters from various main series DQ games. You'll miss a lot by starting with this. I'd recommend starting with Dragon Quest III, IV, or V.

BahamutX83

Neo Member
OK, this is looking to be incredibly fun so far. I can't wait to grind classes and play Co-op.

The pre-order dlc seems to be a bit more useful this time around, especially considering you can have the Copycat npc cosmetically alter your weapons.

i liked the demo except for the music changing every five seconds you get in a battle. Jesus that was annoying.

Still everything else was good fun and I loved the first game.

Right, I think I noticed it too. I get what they're getting at with the BGM, going from exploration to battle BGM just like in the mainline DQ games. But the problem is we switch between them a lot and instantly in this game and it's indeed quite disturbing. They should've made the switch better, as in let the battle BGM play longer for example.

Lanrutcon

PC? The PS4 version never crashed on me.

PC. I had this weird problem where, on two different installations/saved games, there comes a point in the game where my saved game becomes weird unstable...50/50 that any loading screen dumps me to desktop. So I just finished the main campaign and didn't bother grinding to take on extra content. The constant crashes were maddening. Still, enjoyed my time with the game.

EricB

I preordered a PS4 code for this from Amazon. The code is now available, but when I try to redeem it I get a "WC-40371-5" error code and a message stating that "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid." And yes, my PSN account is US region.

1. Has anyone else encountered this? Are the codes just not active yet?

If not,

2. How do I contact Sony to get this sorted. Amazon basically says talk to Sony about it, but the Sony website seems to be an endless loop of FAQs reminding me to enter the code correctly. Not very helpful to someone like me who already knew how to enter the code correctly.

Top Bottom