• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Cat Party

Does crouching make you more venerable to head shots because I've been one shot more times then i can count when i crouch? I feel like when i stand i can take more damage for some reason.

I think it's just the way people tend to aim that makes it more likely they'll hit you when you're crouching.

Still haven't won once in solo. I can consistently get to the top 10, and tonight I've placed second twice, but that last kill just never works out somehow. The RNG weapon spread doesn't really help either...

This was me for a long time. I finally broke through (I have two whole wins now, lol). Just had to get into a good situation with the right gear. Scoped AR is definitely the best weapon for the end game.

It does seem like the circle tries to spawn in an area that contains the least number of players possible to force people to move. Whenever I have to run to the circle, there's always a massive clusterfuck of people fighting at the edges because they had to run in. It's very predictable. The clusterfuck, that is.

Just lost a game because I was looting a person. I switched to a shotgun to swap it out, but the game apparently lagged and it switched out my sniper rifle instead. SO later when I go to switch to my sniper... it's gone. And I get sniped instead.

It does seem like the circle tries to spawn in an area that contains the least number of players possible to force people to move. Whenever I have to run to the circle, there's always a massive clusterfuck of people fighting at the edges because they had to run in. It's very predictable. The clusterfuck, that is.

It also seems like the air drops are set to hit the middle of groups of players to entice gun fights over them. I've almost never seen anyone actually risk running up to loot one. Everyone assumes it'll be a death trap. And I actually HAVE seen people use it as bait a few times.

I don't get what you mean, how do you know where the circle is going? I played a game I won, then 2 games later the circle pattern was almost the same. I got into the same bush I was in where I won before but then the circle moved to a different spot in this next game. How would I have predicted it would have been where it went?

When the first storm starts to come in, look at that part that's closest to the circle. The next circle will be close to that part of the map. The next circle will be in the same direction. Think of a circle with north at the top. Now think of the storm being closest to north. The next circle will close to north. The one after that will be close to the north of the pervious circle. And so on. Because the game wants the player to move at an extreme rate, so the circle is placed further and further away from the first.

So all you have to do is travel to where the storm is closest to the circle. This doesn't work late on though, the game throws you a curveball on that one. And it's not a 100% rule, sometimes you end up with the circle in the middle.

The problem is if you get to the thin end first, you can just sit and wait, with the knowledge that no one is behind you (and even if they are, you can see them through the storm). Late on it's virtually guaranteed cover and you can see anyone trying to sneak around the outside.

Does crouching make you more venerable to head shots because I've been one shot more times then i can count when i crouch? I feel like when i stand i can take more damage for some reason.

Definitely. It's been part of my frustration over the last week. I was getting killed too easy (especially to shotguns) and realised I was a compact, slow moving target. The added accuracy of crouching is negated more than standing and moving freely.

I just fucking haaaaate it when I'm fighting somebody and they just run away.

Yeah, and then they disappear and you blindly run in that direction. Guess where they're sitting? In that bush you've just passed. Then you wonder why you condone this behaviour...until you do it yourself :D

Chase17

Did they change it so you can barely move while aiming down a scope or did I just mess up a slider at some point or something?

Nooo. Second place in Solo.

Spammed the last guy with rockets, but he somehow snuck up on me. Saw him and then I tried to shotgun him but his AR wrecked me.

Should have stuck with the RPG.

Wailing Woods is such a fun place for the last circle.

Just lost a game because I was looting a person. I switched to a shotgun to swap it out, but the game apparently lagged and it switched out my sniper rifle instead. SO later when I go to switch to my sniper... it's gone. And I get sniped instead.

I got the impression it was entirely random. For example, I've seen the first circle spawn over where the bus entered and that is always the highest player count area in the first minute I believe.

FInally got a win tonight. I opened 4 supply crates that game. Had a gold scar, a gold bolt sniper, 2 extra shield potions and medkits as well. That was fun.

giphy.gif

That's how disgusting the shotgun is. But the pistol is a beast though.

Yeah, I can see how too much Medium can be too strong against buildings. If you've got the ammo to burn you just keep shooting walls until they drop. Interesting.

Yeah, I can see how too much Medium can be too strong against buildings. If you've got the ammo to burn you just keep shooting walls until they drop. Interesting.

I think it's an appropriate strategy though. And the guys complaining about 500-700 ammo in the end game in solo should realize that they'd still have 250~ ammo in that situation, which is more than enough.

I think you want a variety of strats to take down bases. One is spamming explosives, another is spamming bullets. Both with different strengths and weaknesses. Another would be of course to build into it, but not always a viable option either.

Imo, they should do what I suggested and have building take more damage while being built. And/or put a resource cap. 300-500 seems fine, per resource.

Banzai

My squad and I had some crazy loot last night. In one game we all had 3 purple guns (AR, Shotgun, Sniper), 2 shield potions and bandages within 2 minutes of landing, and 2 supply drops were just lying there on our way to the circle. 2 golden weapons (AR, Sniper) more for us.
Veeery easy win.

I think it's an appropriate strategy though. And the guys complaining about 500-700 ammo in the end game in solo should realize that they'd still have 250~ ammo in that situation, which is more than enough.

I think you want a variety of strats to take down bases. One is spamming explosives, another is spamming bullets. Both with different strengths and weaknesses. Another would be of course to build into it, but not always a viable option either.

Imo, they should do what I suggested and have building take more damage while being built. And/or put a resource cap. 300-500 seems fine, per resource.

Even at 250 ammo.. in solo once you're down to about 4-5 people.. if it becomes a base war, you need those bullets to actually fight. Being able to just pour and pour bullet after bullet into walls with no lethal intent because you're sitting on 400 rounds is excessive. Just as having a rocket launcher with 40+ rounds is excessive.

Resources should probably be capped as well to prevent rebuild/repair spamming but to be honest, the circle is a mechanic that already limits what can be done by the time you reach endgame.

Current wishlist:

• Shields changes to 25 HP gain
  • Shield max is 50 additional HP
  • Backpack that yields one extra slot
  • Progression & Cosmetics
  • Larger map - potentially snow themed with footprints
  • Weather variance (rain, mainly for the visibility and sound factor, not sure of fog would be too annoying)
  • Spectator view for friends in games

misterck

Anybody know a good scope sensitivity to set? I know it's a personal preference thing but the 20 default setting is messed up and I'd rather not spend time at beginning of a match trying to get it right.

Just need a good starting point, what was the default before they messed it up with last patch?

GodofWine

When the first storm starts to come in, look at that part that's closest to the circle. The next circle will be close to that part of the map. The next circle will be in the same direction.

I thought they fixed this? if not, its a known bug and the circles will be totally random. (but I *think* they addressed this, I never even realized it until someone pointed it out, so I still may not be)

SoulUnison

Banned
This is pretty nifty.

Downloaded last night and played a couple games by myself before pairing up with a buddy and playing another 3 hours into the early morning.

Came in 4th in my 3rd game ever, but mostly because I kept hiding and doing everything I could to avoid actual conflict. Once the circle closed in enough and I had to face actually-equipped players I got blown up effortlessly.

Anybody know a good scope sensitivity to set? I know it's a personal preference thing but the 20 default setting is messed up and I'd rather not spend time at beginning of a match trying to get it right.

Just need a good starting point, what was the default before they messed it up with last patch?

I'm on PS4 with a 5 sensitivity with a 0.8 scoped multiplier and a 0.8 targeting multiplier. Liking that setting so far.

Gator86

The ๖ۜBronx;252598353 said:
Current wishlist:

• Weather variance (rain, mainly for the visibility and sound factor, not sure of fog would be too annoying)

I'd fine with all of those. Considering they can't get buttons to reliably work in this game and it still hitches like crazy, I'm not sure performance could survive weather effects.

I thought they fixed this? if not, its a known bug and the circles will be totally random. (but I *think* they addressed this, I never even realized it until someone pointed it out, so I still may not be)

They fixed it in PUBG. I've not heard anyone talk about it here.

Yup. They really need to just put a cap on rocket ammo. I'm still seeing people do their best impression of a missile turret with infinite ammo at the end of the round.

Got my first ever solo win today (mainly playing duos and squads). Man that was a rush. Didn't hurt that I got a golden auto rifle in my first chest!

The ๖ۜBronx;252598353 said:
Current wishlist:

Shields make the TTK playable.

Without them you can be insta-killed from even ARs since the headshot multiplier is just too insanely high.

They aren't going to change shields, but will be adding more health items. They already intend to add an item that restores health to 100 and adds a portion of shield over time.

I think I feel pretty comfortable saying I'm done with Fortnite for the foreseeable future.

If they make some significant changes to the weapons and balance then I might give it another shot but as of now it's just not worth the time investment, especially when they aren't even making strides in the right direction with the most recent balancing changes.

3 wins tonight

1 win with 2 people in squads, which was fun. Playing at a number disadvantage and coming out on top felt good.

Then 1 win in duos.

Later a 3rd win with newt as a trio in squad. I guess we had a random but he ran off on his own after the start and got sniped to bleed out in the storm.

Double post, but man... I just had the easiest win of Fortnite so far. Landed at the tower behind Wailing. Had all 3 chests. I walked out with 3 shields, a purple scar, and the gold sniper. Also... I had the circle all game long. The final circle was literally like 100 meters from where I landed. I just built a tower and let people come to me. The first person I killed had the gold rocket launcher, too.

I ended up with 7 kills and hardly had to move at all.

Top Bottom